• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Petit Corona

I have had this problem a few times, here lately more then in the past for some reason.

First as far as the Bolivar PC goes, I did a box split of these with some guys last spring. Every single one I tried was perfect. This is a really great cigar IMHO. Very much worth a second try. Lots of flavor, a really good smoke. Sorry you got a bum one. I send you another to try if I hadn't smoked all mine. :D

As for plugged cigars, I have found no good solution. I need to try putting them back though if the prelight seems tight, worth a try. I usually try to poke them or if I feel a tight spot with my finger I can perhaps clip the tight spot off. A cigar that doesn't draw well is basicaly F'd though and is never right even if you get it drawing better. The smoke should all move up through the filler and having all come through just one hole really messes up the flavor of the cigar and the burn still isn't correct. Cutting the spot out is best if in a spot were its practical and if it exists. I have cut plugged ones open before to find the problem. Some seem perfect and may be a humidity issue. Some though you can see where the filler is just crushed for lack of a better discription and you just know its a rollers error. One recently had a very dark center all up through it compared to the filler around it. The center just got mashed in rolling It was tighter then a tick the whole length and was never going to smoke. Hand made products have a certain error margin as has been said.

I recently pulled out a Ramones Allones Gigante to smoke. My first to try. The draw seemed somewhat tight at prelight but ok I figured. I soon as I lit it though I knew I was in for it. Almost no smoke and very bland taste. Very disapointing. I should have let it rest as soon as the draw seemed ify. You live and learn though.

I don't think I would ever put it back in my humie....the strench!! I let it sit out for a few days and still the same....trashed it, which brought a tear to my eye.

I have had a few sticks with a tight pre-lit draw that ended up smoking fine. Guess I just got a bad stick. That does not mean I will give up on them. Like to try another one as I know I do enjoy the non-ISOM Bolivars, just bought a box of the petits as a matter of fact and waiting for a sampler of coronas to arrive.

Anyone want to trade so I can have another shot at an ISOM Bolivar let me know.

Thanks for all the info.

Joe P said:
Anyone who buys these should be shot!! ;)
Does it hurt much?
gunsfiring.gif

I had a box of Ashton Prime Ministers that were tight. I almost threw many of them away but kept the box in the Humi for several months.

Man a year later. :love: :love: :love: :love: