• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bombing etiquette

Cheekie

Yeah fuggers, I am still around!
What should a newb do when s/he has received the kind generosity of BOTLS.
By this I mean public thanks you's, posting of bomb contents, and such.

Cheekie said:
What should a newb do when s/he has received the kind generosity of BOTLS.
By this I mean public thanks you's, posting of bomb contents, and such.
[snapback]271586[/snapback]​

Whats this "etiquette" thing you speak of woman? :p

Public thank you's are the norm. It isn't good form to post the contents of the bomb. Simple gratitude via the forum and/or PM is perfect..

maybe the terms I am using are the trip up-
How to bomb
Bombing manners
Bombing etiquette

If I put in bomb a gazillion post show up, thus I decided to ask.

I wanted to know if the rules are similar to a pass where you give what you get...

All that Jazz... I have been a privy to some really generous bombs and thought that before I start feeling the squishy feeling between my toes I should ask what is expected as a community standard.

Cheekie said:
I wanted to know if the rules are similar to a pass where you give what you get...
[snapback]271620[/snapback]​

Bombs are meant to be gifts, not favors to be repaid.

kiltedcraftsman said:
Cheekie said:

Bombs are meant to be gifts, not favors to be repaid.
[snapback]271623[/snapback]​
Yes and no, repay the kindness by saying thank you privately, then publically. Say thank you by paying it forward when you are in position to.

Emo

Cheekie said:

How to bomb

Pick somebody out, and mail some smokes to them.

Bombing manners

You bomb for the joy of delivery, not I repeat NOT for a bomb in return. Many bombs I send are to newbies just to welcome them to CP.

Bombing etiquette

It is the norm that when you get bombed you thank the bomber, usually in public (Lobby area) and via PM, this tells the sender you got it and it shows that you appreciate it, even if it aint what you smoke or not your standards. Contents are not described other than maybe "some nice smokes" or "Cool selection of smokes" whatever.

Never ever ever be afraid to ask questions, if you get grief then shame on the ones givin ya crap!!

NO your not expected to reply. Now if sometime down the line you want to get the sum bitch that bombed ya, go ahead, but I say you need to wait for some time or else it looks like your replying to his bomb.

All that Jazz... I have been a privy to some really generous bombs and thought that before I start feeling the squishy feeling between my toes I should ask what is expected as a community standard.

If you feel that between your toes, spank the dog for going in the house.....Oh you mean something else......LOL

Hope this helps ya......

Jim

"You can't say bomb on an airplane!!!"

That's all you need to know ;)

sleepyjim said:
Cheekie said:

How to bomb

Bombing manners

You bomb for the joy of delivery, not I repeat NOT for a bomb in return. Many bombs I send are to newbies just to welcome them to CP.

Bombing etiquette

It is the norm that when you get bombed you thank the bomber, usually in public (Lobby area) and via PM, this tells the sender you got it and it shows that you appreciate it, even if it aint what you smoke or not your standards. Contents are not described other than maybe "some nice smokes" or "Cool selection of smokes" whatever.

Never ever ever be afraid to ask questions, if you get grief then shame on the ones givin ya crap!!

NO your not expected to reply. Now if sometime down the line you want to get the sum bitch that bombed ya, go ahead, but I say you need to wait for some time or else it looks like your replying to his bomb.

If you feel that between your toes, spank the dog for going in the house.....Oh you mean something else......LOL

Hope this helps ya......

Jim
[snapback]271630[/snapback]​

THANK YOU JIM & others that took the time to reply to my query- It really does help! I was afraid of pissing off some people here considering I no longer hide behind an apron of a well known member of the board....

:thumbs:

And what's the etiquette (not to hijack the thread since you're talking about bombing etiquette) for a situation where you bomb someone (who will remain nameless) as I did here and there is no post of thanks (which really wasn't important), but no thank you by PM, and when you inquired of them whether they received the bomb or not, they completely ignored you and did not answer even though you had a USPS d/c# that showed the smokes were received?

Neuromancer said:
And what's the etiquette (not to hijack the thread since you're talking about bombing etiquette) for a situation where you bomb someone (who will remain nameless) as I did here and there is no post of thanks (which really wasn't important), but no thank you by PM, and when you inquired of them whether they received the bomb or not, they completely ignored you and did not answer even though you had a USPS d/c# that showed the smokes were received?
[snapback]271638[/snapback]​

You're bombing them, so why are you looking for thanks? If they didn't thank you or ignored you, write it off and don't bomb them again. Simple. No need to out anyone that didn't thank you for the bomb you sent.

Neuromancer said:

This is cheekie's response, in no way should it reflect the views of the Board, it's Administrators, the Members who choose to participate in said forum. This also does not reflect the views of her friends, family members, or the random people she meets on a daily basis.

Since I have the privy of hoping a flight at just about any given moment- Dad works for the airlines :) I would prolly hop a flight, make it to said persons place of residence, drop trow and pee on their azaleas!!
I am kidding ..... :whistling:

Bomb. Take away the "b" and a "t" what do you have? Tomb? No, tomb.
Ok, tomb. Take away the "t" and a "c" what do you have? Comb? No, comb.

Bomb always brings that to mind for some reason... :D

Gotta admit...it plays better when ya hear it rather than read it... :laugh:

Cheekie said:
Since I have the privy of hoping a flight at just about any given moment- Dad works for the airlines :) I would prolly hop a flight, make it to said persons place of residence, drop trow and pee on their azaleas!!

Wrong forum for this kinda talk, but if you do find the correct one please let me know the addy! :whistling:

:p

IgwanaRob said:
Cheekie said:

Wrong forum for this kinda talk, but if you do find the correct one please let me know the addy! :whistling:

A JOKE .....sheeeesh!

BTW- why pray tell would you want to know the addy for a forum that involves public urination on flowers?? ???

:p
[snapback]271650[/snapback]​

Cheekie said:
sleepyjim said:
Cheekie said:

How to bomb

Bombing manners

Bombing etiquette

Hope this helps ya......

Jim
[snapback]271630[/snapback]​

THANK YOU JIM & others that took the time to reply to my query- It really does help! I was afraid of pissing off some people here considering I no longer hide behind an apron of a well known member of the board....

:thumbs:
[snapback]271633[/snapback]​
Uh yeah... anyway "protocol" should bring up one of them. The search engine is not working for me.

NA

Neuromancer said:

I guess the person hates you.