• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Borderlands... show your kit.

I tell you what... you ain't seen NUTIN' yet! :laugh: The game really does not come into it's own until you hit about level 15 or so and leave the Badlands. Then you really start getting some wild creatures and badass bandits. Not to mention guns... ;)

If it hadn't gone back to $49.99, I'd be agreeing with you right now!

Hey! Shoot me a friend thingy... xbox or steam, both are SwissyJim - I don't play anything BUT Borderlands...

Ya know, I'm pretty damn positive I have you on my friends list, Maybe from the fallout 3 days, or from COD:WaW but I dont think we've ever played.

RageWagon is the name

Hey! Shoot me a friend thingy... xbox or steam, both are SwissyJim - I don't play anything BUT Borderlands...

Ya know, I'm pretty damn positive I have you on my friends list, Maybe from the fallout 3 days, or from COD:WaW but I dont think we've ever played.

RageWagon is the name

Hmmm... never played Fallout, but did a pissload of CoD:WaW

But I don't see you in the friends list?! I'll shoot you one now.

And there's fresh meat for the grinder! Seems SoulPuppy finally got the game...

And there's fresh meat for the grinder! Seems SoulPuppy finally got the game...

Yeah, thanks asshole! Dude, I haven't stopped playing since 3 AM this morning...

Just remembered I had a $50 gift card to Best Buy, so I'm thinking about picking this up. I meet all the requirements to run it except for my graphics card, so I'm debating whether or not to hold off. Any thoughts?

Just remembered I had a $50 gift card to Best Buy, so I'm thinking about picking this up. I meet all the requirements to run it except for my graphics card, so I'm debating whether or not to hold off. Any thoughts?

Depends on how low your graphics card is.... does it meet the minimum and just not the recommended? Or is it below the min required? There are always settings to lower to make it run, and usually you can get away with less than the minimum.

Do you guys recommend the PC version or XBOX? I've never played any video games on my pc.

given the choice, I'll take PC over xbox everytime. I grew up on PC games, love the mouse/keyboard MUCH more than that @#$%^&* console controller. BUT... I have way more friends that use the Xbox than the PC for gaming so I actually have both (This is one of only 3 games that I have both version of...) I'll check for PC players first, and if I find some I'll be on the PC. Otherwise I hit the xbox as I know I can always find someone. But never open public games - I'm tired of the screaming whiney 12 year olds that run ahead in a battle to open the cases and grab all the good $hit without sharing. Also, they are the exact same game - no differences at all, other than you can get higher graphics on the PC if your system will support it. There are some utilities for the PC that will help make it less of a console port and more of a PC game (graphics settings, mouse smoothing, etc...)

ALSO... a word of warning. They have found out how to mod stuff in the game. Heavily so on the PC, and even some on the xbox. People are now reporting (on the Borderlands forums) that there are 'virus like' shields that are being dropped by people that if you get them and install them you cannot get rid of them easily. It is even possible to have it installed on your character if you did not pick it up!! There is a way to do it, but you run the risk of corrupting your save files, and therefor losing all the progress, guns and other items for that character.

I'm not against modded guns and stuff, but I *AM* against using them online. Why have a gun that makes it so powerful that nothing can stop you? What fun is that...? The game is all about working together to succeed. Thankfully Gearbox is working on the issue, in a post made today.

SwissyJim on both PC and Xbox games...

given the choice, I'll take PC over xbox everytime. I grew up on PC games, love the mouse/keyboard MUCH more than that @#$%^&* console controller. BUT... I have way more friends that use the Xbox than the PC for gaming so I actually have both (This is one of only 3 games that I have both version of...) I'll check for PC players first, and if I find some I'll be on the PC. Otherwise I hit the xbox as I know I can always find someone. But never open public games - I'm tired of the screaming whiney 12 year olds that run ahead in a battle to open the cases and grab all the good $hit without sharing. Also, they are the exact same game - no differences at all, other than you can get higher graphics on the PC if your system will support it. There are some utilities for the PC that will help make it less of a console port and more of a PC game (graphics settings, mouse smoothing, etc...)

ALSO... a word of warning. They have found out how to mod stuff in the game. Heavily so on the PC, and even some on the xbox. People are now reporting (on the Borderlands forums) that there are 'virus like' shields that are being dropped by people that if you get them and install them you cannot get rid of them easily. It is even possible to have it installed on your character if you did not pick it up!! There is a way to do it, but you run the risk of corrupting your save files, and therefor losing all the progress, guns and other items for that character.

I'm not against modded guns and stuff, but I *AM* against using them online. Why have a gun that makes it so powerful that nothing can stop you? What fun is that...? The game is all about working together to succeed. Thankfully Gearbox is working on the issue, in a post made today.

SwissyJim on both PC and Xbox games...

Thanks for the info Swissy.

I used to play XBox live all the time. Back in my HALO days. I about got a divorce over that game. :whistling: Dealing with the modders is just part of the online experience. That's why it is nice to play with people you know. It's frustrating enough getting you a%$ handed to you by a twelve yr. old. Then you throw in a 12 yr. old that is modding. I guess I'm going to have to go out and get it for the Xbox. Would be interested in the PC version too. I purchased an Alienware awhile back and have yet to play a game on it other than chess. I will PM you my gamertag when I get it. I've had several over the years and can't remember which ones are still active.

Drew

Thanks for the info Swissy.

I used to play XBox live all the time. Back in my HALO days. I about got a divorce over that game. :whistling: Dealing with the modders is just part of the online experience. That's why it is nice to play with people you know. It's frustrating enough getting you a%$ handed to you by a twelve yr. old. Then you throw in a 12 yr. old that is modding. I guess I'm going to have to go out and get it for the Xbox. Would be interested in the PC version too. I purchased an Alienware awhile back and have yet to play a game on it other than chess. I will PM you my gamertag when I get it. I've had several over the years and can't remember which ones are still active.

Drew

you... you got an Alienware and not played anything other than chess? Thats..... criminal! :0

And yeah, I know modding is part of the online world. But why make it a virus like event where I have no option, it just infects me? That ruins any attempt at legitimate modding in my book. I've even done my fair share of modding in the past (loved Ghost Recon weapon modding!) but gave up at the bad name others gave it. Solo play - knock yourself out, just don't force it on me.

I'll be on BL for awhile - even got L4D2 and not even taken the shrinkwrap off the box!

Oh man, good info to read there.

I had no idea they could mod stuff on the xbox.

My general practice is if I want a multi-player game, i go for the xbox, but if it's for pure solo gaming experience, I choose PC. Fallout 3 was my last PC purchase because I had waited 10 years for it to come out. Fallout: New Vegas will likely be my next pc purchase, haha.

you... you got an Alienware and not played anything other than chess? Thats..... criminal! :0

And yeah, I know modding is part of the online world. But why make it a virus like event where I have no option, it just infects me? That ruins any attempt at legitimate modding in my book. I've even done my fair share of modding in the past (loved Ghost Recon weapon modding!) but gave up at the bad name others gave it. Solo play - knock yourself out, just don't force it on me.

I'll be on BL for awhile - even got L4D2 and not even taken the shrinkwrap off the box!

Wow I used to play ghost recon SOO much back in the day, modding the weapons was mad fun, I loved my fully auto m203 :laugh:

Woah, when did this mad moxxi's underdome thing come out?

I just saw an ad for it, sweet!

Jim, sorry we didnt join up last night, I pretty much fell asleep, haha.

Woah, when did this mad moxxi's underdome thing come out?

I just saw an ad for it, sweet!

Jim, sorry we didnt join up last night, I pretty much fell asleep, haha.

Mad Moxxi is ok... horde/firefight/wave survival mode. But it's looooooong - the BIG missions are up to 6 hours they say! And.... once you start, no saves :0

But it's fun! :cool:

And the 'Zombie Island of Dr Ned' is a humorous GREAT time. Some of the best humor in a game that I can remember - well worth picking up if you don't already have it.

And no worries - my brother and I were on the PC version for quite awhile, then I did my solo character and almooooooost got to the end. I should be there today :whistling:

Yeah, I just started mad moxxi....it would be better with assistance, haha.

I got through 2 of the 5 rounds of the first arena....wow is all I can say. oh well.

well, I've been playing and farming... take a peek at my best!

My Borderlands Gun Collection

the gun show link I sent is not accepting images sicne the 1.2 update so I put them onto Photobucket.

Woot finally got to level 50 on my soldier, I bought the zombie island DLC and had a good time with that, would you guys recommend mad moxxis?

Yeah, so, I've become somewhat obsessed with farming in New Haven. I'll farm for a good hour or 2 before I actually play...I've found some rather ridiculous weapons.

Jim ,so far I haven't beat the caustic revolver you dropped off for me, but I've found a slightly better Explosive shotgun. Crazy how much you can find in a little time.

I just started a new character though, lvl 19 right now. You move up fast when you know what you're doing!

But holy crap....your glorious massacre with the 4x flame is insane, same for the blast rifle, and the new pestilent defiler, That'd be epic for a soldier!

Okay, you know what? These weapons are insane now that I've looked at them all....

Where are you farming these? It has to be somewhere higher than New Haven

Yeah, so, I've become somewhat obsessed with farming in New Haven. I'll farm for a good hour or 2 before I actually play...I've found some rather ridiculous weapons.

Jim ,so far I haven't beat the caustic revolver you dropped off for me, but I've found a slightly better Explosive shotgun. Crazy how much you can find in a little time.

I just started a new character though, lvl 19 right now. You move up fast when you know what you're doing!

But holy crap....your glorious massacre with the 4x flame is insane, same for the blast rifle, and the new pestilent defiler, That'd be epic for a soldier!

Okay, you know what? These weapons are insane now that I've looked at them all....

Where are you farming these? It has to be somewhere higher than New Haven

:cool: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

:laugh: Naw, New Haven is the easiest... just have to put in some time. I have 15 minutes here, 20 there to play so it's not a lot of time to do any missions. But it's enough for a couple farming runs. But if you want more fun runs, start in New Haven, fast travel to 'The Back Door', go into the Crimson Fastness, then fast travel to Old Haven. You can throw in the Eridian Promotory(sp?) as well. But in all honesty, the best stuff comes from the loot drops in the battles with the BaddAsses in playthrough 2.5! That's where I got the Defiler and the Ogre. And did you see the Pearl Cyclops sniper? that scope is INSANE! You can see across the map with it!! Almost TOO strong.

DraXxus, that depends regarding Moxxi. I'm not a huge fan of it. It is a lot of fun, having waves of bad guys to whack. But, be warned... once you start you gotta finish. There is no saving or stopping in the middle without losing all progress. And there are small battles (5 waves of 5 waves!) and big battles (20 waves of 5 waves!) People are saying the big battles can be 6 hours long! That's too much as I can never devote that much time. And without being able to stop and save in the middle... well, it sucks. The Storage Bank is kinda cool, but it's not shared between your characters. I find it easier to do a splitscreen game and use another character as a storage mule!!

Hit me up for a game sometime... altho I tend to be on the PC more than the xbox