• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boston cigar and wine shops

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I'm going to be up in Boston in a few weeks to visit some family and was curious if anyone had any recommendations as to good cigar shops and good wine shops. I hope that y'all can point me in a good direction.

Also any recommendations on what we should see ? Keep in mind I'll be traveling with our 1yr old so anything that is baby/toddler friendly would be helpful.
Jon

My favorite is Stanza Dei Sigari on Hanover Street in the North End (Little Italy). It's an old fashioned speakeasy with brick & stone walls, dark, smoky...just what you would expect from an old fashioned, throwback kinda place to smoke a cigar and have a few drinks. I took Pete (Bxcigrfan) there 3-4 years ago when I was up there for a few Yankee games and he was there on business...and we had a great time. The locals are friendly, the bar is well stocked with whatever you could want, and they have a great humidor...but it's $$$....as you would expect. We brought our own and we weren't charged a 'cutting fee' by the waitress....just tip her well! 

Have fun.... :thumbs:

What Gary is also failing to mention is the Northend has the best food on the city. Plan on spending a few hours there and get lunch or dinner. Also grab dessert at Mikes Pastries which is two doors down from Sigari.

Are you staying right in Boston and have you been here before?

Tall Paul said:
What Gary is also failing to mention is the Northend has the best food on the city. Plan on spending a few hours there and get lunch or dinner. Also grab dessert at Mikes Pastries which is two doors down from Sigari.

Are you staying right in Boston and have you been here before?

:laugh: ....I did fail to mention the good food, and I'm friggin Italian! Mike's is awesome too. We usually get an espresso there after a good meal before heading over to Stanza...keeps me from falling asleep! 

We are staying with my sister and her husband in Brookline. I've never been to Boston before, so my sister and BIL are going to take my wife, my son and I around.
Are there any interesting sites worth seeing near Sigari?

Fanuel Hall is a good time also your son may enjoy the Aquarium and tourists love the duck tours. If you'er a food fan and want to have the best pizza in Boston its not in the North End. Its in East Boston and the place is called Santapios. if you go there make sure you try the BBQ Lamb and Sausage! You'll Also be in NE during peak Foliage time which is also very nice in the city. 

If your looking for a smoking buddy let me know! I'm 40 mins from down town. 

Paul

L. J. Peretti, 2 1/2 Park Sq. Back Bay. Oldest Fuente account in the US.

Doc

cabaiguan juan said:
We are staying with my sister and her husband in Brookline. I've never been to Boston before, so my sister and BIL are going to take my wife, my son and I around.
Are there any interesting sites worth seeing near Sigari?
Nothing is very far away in Boston. Traffic on the other hand is an issue. North Church, Old Ironsides, and the Bunker Hill monument do come to mind.

Doc

Hell, maybe we can all get together - Paul, Doc and myself and you of course!!! I still have some dog rockets left.

Especially Federal Hill on St. Joseph's day.

Doc

Can't beat the experience Palmieri's on the hill.  Depasquale square is some of the best people watching there is on a Saturday night, and the panna cotta at Pastiche is out of this world if you can (a) get in, and (b) if they have it.  

But thats not Boston....

Boston wise I second Mike's for the canoli alone.  

bluue13 said:
Can't beat the experience Palmieri's on the hill.  Depasquale square is some of the best people watching there is on a Saturday night, and the panna cotta at Pastiche is out of this world if you can (a) get in, and (b) if they have it.  

But thats not Boston....

Boston wise I second Mike's for the canoli alone.  
Being an RI guy myself you can't beat pastiche, although as noted it's super tiny. It's to bad the hill isn't what it used to be...

Neither is the "Combat Zone". :whistling:

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Neither is the "Combat Zone". :whistling:

Doc
HA HA HA I have heard someone mention that in a while. I clearly wasn't around in the 60's but my older relives have some great stories...

Did you already come and go?  The rose Kennedy greenway is great for kids- on a warm day.- Just saw the traveling with toddler.

I'm actually going this coming week. We leave on Thursday for the weekend. I'm excited to check it out.

It's to cold now- they did have sidewalk festivals on the rose Kennedy greenway but I think they are done for the season.