• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass 2010

Jake,
How do you like the G.I. model? Ive been thinking of getting one.
Right now I have a Taurus PT .45 but with such a short barrel accuracy suffers.
Any possibility of C.C. with the G.I.?

Don

Jake,
How do you like the G.I. model? Ive been thinking of getting one.
Right now I have a Taurus PT .45 but with such a short barrel accuracy suffers.
Any possibility of C.C. with the G.I.?

Don

I like the model because it's so basic....you can customize the gun to however you like, or you can preserve the original integrity. Either way, it's a cheap model $ wise....but it won't let you down. After the barrell got throated and the feed ramped polished, then the trigger pull got brought down....it feels completely different. Damn good firearm though.

Couple things....

In regards to the Red Tubo...there is only one price listed on Comparison Shopper, for one retailer....not a very good indication of MSRP (as I know that price to be high). If you go to the websites of the other vendors listed on the comparison shopper Serious Cigars....for example has their pricing for this cigar on their website, for some reason....it was never updated to the Comparison Shopper. A little more research and price averaging takes the cigar, from the pricing of all vendors, to about $11.50. Even at $13.50, it's still a bit short.

In regards to the LFD Cameroon Lancero....yes, you picked the wrong one. This cigar is only for purchase at Jack Schwartz and isn't listed on the comparison shopper at all. Price is $9.80, even at $8.08 (if it was the right cigar) it's a bit short...

Sounds good Jake. Now let me dig a little deeper in my humidor and see what I can come up with......

My reloading bench

IMG_0985.jpg

I reload:
6.5x55
7x57
30-06
300 WIN MAG
444 Marlin

My Grandpa and my Dad gave me all of their reloading equipment years ago. I enjoy reloading my own rifle ammunition, plus I have a lot more options than with commercial ammunition, especially for the 6.5x55 and 7x57.

I'm jealous! I have a rifle that needs a low grain 7x51...If only I had room for reloading equipment in an apartment and my girl wouldn't hurt me for putting it in. :laugh:

I'm jealous! I have a rifle that needs a low grain 7x51...If only I had room for reloading equipment in an apartment and my girl wouldn't hurt me for putting it in. :laugh:

LOL, I know how the girlfriend can be. Many years ago, my reloading bench was in the living room for a couple of weeks. That did not go over well.

Edit to correct bad typing.

Here are my Puts/Takes:

T...15) La Aurora Cien Anos Preferido, P...70)Pardon 1964 Anni Torpedo

T...21) Padilla 1932 Robusto, P...71)VSG Sorcerer
I should have the pass tomorrow!

Are you still alll tingly over there Boar, or have you moved up to quivering yet? :laugh:

Here are my Puts/Takes:

Are you still alll tingly over there Boar, or have you moved up to quivering yet? :laugh:

Sounds good! You're not too far away, we need to get together for a shoot n smoke (maybe even throw a "n drink" in there) sometime. :thumbs:

Here are my Puts/Takes:

Sounds good! You're not too far away, we need to get together for a shoot n smoke (maybe even throw a "n drink" in there) sometime. :thumbs:

Definitely! :thumbs: Let's wait till it warms up and quits raining. If we did it down around you, Boar might wanna join in.

I've moved straight on to "cokemonkey dance!" :laugh:

Passes are one time it's really good to be at the end of the line! :whistling:

Here's my proposed P/Ts:

T: #3 Camacho Liberty 2009 P: Anejo Shark 2010
T: #23 Tatuaje Cohete '09 P: Illusione Holy Lance maduro
T: #40 Padilla Miami churchill P: San Cristobal Fabuloso
T: #44 Padron '64 Anni. Superior natural P: AF Hemingway Signature maduro
T: #53 Davidoff Broberg 125th P: GOF Carlito dbl. robusto tubo
T: #56 Opus Shark P: Opus X Lost City robusto 2009
P: AF Hemingway Classic rosado

~Boar

The PASS has arrived.!!

Alot of people like the smell of a just opened bag of coffee, I like the smell of a just opened PASS box!

All cigars are present and accounted for and my puts/takes are complete. It is packaged and ready to go.

Here you go Boar!!
DC# 9405 5036 9930 0477 7399 45

Be careful, brakedancing at your age might hurt. :p

The PASS will be going to the post office in the morning.

Thanks for letting me play Jake. :thumbs: Looking forward to the next round.

I need to get a bench set up for loading. I got a great deal on a Dillon 1050 a while ago, then found a bunch of components at an auction for cheap. The only thing I need now is a scale and tumbler. I need to load about 10k .223 rounds for the Big Sandy MG shoot.

Here's a video from the shoot in '09:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2cmLtocCU0

So much fun, plus cigars non-stop.

I've moved straight on to "cokemonkey dance!" :laugh:

Passes are one time it's really good to be at the end of the line! :whistling:

Here's my proposed P/Ts:

T: #53 Davidoff Broberg 125th P: GOF Carlito dbl. robusto tubo
T: #56 Opus Shark P: Opus X Lost City robusto 2009
P: AF Hemingway Classic rosado

~Boar

Boar, I'll look at these tomorrow. I've been very sick and under the weather, and just haven't taken the opportunity to look at them yet. (Strep is a nasty thing)

At first glance....I already see a couple that won't work. Keep in mind the Opus is from the CFCF22 Set...a $45 retail stick. I'm not sure on the pricing of the lost city 100%...some help there would be nice, but if memory serves me correctly, it's in the $25 range?

Boar, I'll look at these tomorrow. I've been very sick and under the weather, and just haven't taken the opportunity to look at them yet. (Strep is a nasty thing)

At first glance....I already see a couple that won't work. Keep in mind the Opus is from the CFCF22 Set...a $45 retail stick. I'm not sure on the pricing of the lost city 100%...some help there would be nice, but if memory serves me correctly, it's in the $25 range?

I was wondering where you'd gone off to!

The Lost City goes for $28; without the coffin the most frequent price I found for the Opus Shark (from reviewers mostly, and not counting the gouger sites) was $18.50. I wasn't sure what the coffin added but figured a $9 overput would cover it! Guess not! :laugh:

That brings up an interesting point, though---I know when the 22 GBs have been done here, the split has been $45 each, but the understanding was always that some would get a special, some would get a coffined regular production, and who got what would be random . . . the cost was to play, not the price of the stick. So someone definitely has $45 into the Shark, and I respect that, but it's now in regular (for Opus X, anyway!) production and available w/o the coffin---you can even get a whole box of 35---for a whole lot less. Would a Reserva d'Chateau or Perfexcion X be a $45 stick because it was in a CFCF22 coffin? ;)

Looked at from the other end of the spectrum, would a BBMF only be a $45 stick in a CFCF22 coffin?

The Davi Broberg's another iffy one--it's a $20 stick and the GOF is $22, but when I put it on there I hadn't done any research . . . just figured if it was traded for a Don Carlos, a Carlito should trade for it. Turns out there were only 4000 sticks total made, and they were sold through ONE shop. In SWEDEN. :blush:

I'm guessing rarity doesn't reach, there. :p

~Boar

Wootage! Pass is here! :thumbs:

After taking another look, those last two clearly don't make---the Broberg on rarity, the Opus on value---so in the interest of getting this beautiful bad boy home to Papa, how about I trim back to these:

P: AF Hemi Classic rosado

If those all cut the mustard, Jake, I can hit the PO by lunchtime tomorrow. Everything looks good at first glance; the digital's not reading but the cigars and puck are in great shape.

~Boar

Wootage! Pass is here! :thumbs:

After taking another look, those last two clearly don't make---the Broberg on rarity, the Opus on value---so in the interest of getting this beautiful bad boy home to Papa, how about I trim back to these:

I have the Camacho Liberty at $14.85 and the Anejo at $10.25....Rarity is about the same, price is off.

I have the cohete at $8.84 and the HL at $7.80. The cohete carries some rarity (only a few hundred boxes made in 2006 and 2009)...plus we're slightly off on price. Anejo Shark would suffice, if you want to re-organize. and just find a put for the liberty

Good! :thumbs:

Good! Prices are a little off...but rarity on the signature makes up for the small gap. :thumbs:

Thanks! I've always wanted to try one! :thumbs:

If those all cut the mustard, Jake, I can hit the PO by lunchtime tomorrow. Everything looks good at first glance; the digital's not reading but the cigars and puck are in great shape.

~Boar

Take a look at the first couple, let me know what you think...but I'm pretty sure I'm spot on. I'll be on for a few hours, so if you are able to fix them tonight we can still get you to the PO tomorrow. :thumbs:

I have the cohete at $8.84 and the HL at $7.80. The cohete carries some rarity (only a few hundred boxes made in 2006 and 2009)...plus we're slightly off on price. Anejo Shark would suffice, if you want to re-organize. and just find a put for the liberty

Holy Lance maduro. One time limited release, $9.20.

I'll take another look at the Camacho.

~Boar

Good! Prices are a little off...but rarity on the signature makes up for the small gap. :thumbs:

I found the Padron at an even $10 everywhere Comparison Shopper listed it, and the Hemi maduro at $10.20.

Edit: Aaah, I see. Only the lowest price JR listing is still up. If you look up a bit, at the spread for the Classic maduro, I was dealing with numbers similar to those.

~Boar

Holy Lance maduro. One time limited release, $9.20.

I'll take another look at the Camacho.

~Boar

I stand corrected here, didn't see (or notice) the maduro part...thanks for keeping me honest.

Camacho still needs a re-work.

I found the Padron at an even $10 everywhere Comparison Shopper listed it, and the Hemi maduro at $10.20.

Edit: Aaah, I see. Only the lowest price JR listing is still up. If you look up a bit, at the spread for the Classic maduro, I was dealing with numbers similar to those.

~Boar

Opus/ Anejo/ Hemingway Maddies....I use moki's MSRP.

Camacho still needs a re-work.

Yeah . . . well, I don't have anything in the humi right now I don't want/like more than I want/like it, even though '09 was a helluva year for the Liberty. :laugh:

Let's just go with the three takes and four puts that are left, so I can pack the box up in the AM. :thumbs:

~Boar

Alrighty, so it shook down to:

And a DC# of 0306 0320 0002 2891 5799

This lil' piggy's cryin' "Wheee! Wheeee! Wheeeeee!" all the way home, Jake! :D

50253_151627538192156_6991_n.jpg

~Boar