• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass 2010

Jake,
I looked at CS and I think three of those prices for the Duke are fugged. Six show just about what I paid and would expect to pay again. It's your call but IMHO I think Whoppers Opus for the Duke is fair.
Tom

Update: The pass is resting in my humidor at 70%. I'm going to send it out to Bill on 1/2/11.

Actually, only production of the Mosin-Nagant was halted in 1965. The MN is still in use today, but not in an "official" capacity. I suppose it's not really "in service" if insurgents are using them.

Great questions! I learned a bunch about the history of the LE and MN doing this research. Thanks Jake!

Try this out, guys. It's a visual firearms quiz, it was part of the advertising for Lord of War. Post what score you get. I got perfect on my first try, but then again I've been reading firearms books since I could read.

http://lordofwarthemovie.com/ntw.html

I always thought the Mosin-Nagant was one of the oldest service weapons.
It's been in service since 1891, hence the model M1891.
The Lee-Enfield was adopted in 1895.

You are correct...but service of the Mosin Nagant was discontinued in 1965....the Lee Enfield is still issued today....making it be "in service" for almost 40 years longer than the Mosin Nagant.
I was under the impression that the Finns were still issuing a Mosin Nagant variant. I'm probably wrong though.

Actually, only production of the Mosin-Nagant was halted in 1965. The MN is still in use today, but not in an "official" capacity. I suppose it's not really "in service" if insurgents are using them.

Great questions! I learned a bunch about the history of the LE and MN doing this research. Thanks Jake!

Try this out, guys. It's a visual firearms quiz, it was part of the advertising for Lord of War. Post what score you get. I got perfect on my first try, but then again I've been reading firearms books since I could read.

12 out of 14

Don

Jake,
I looked at CS and I think three of those prices for the Duke are fugged. Six show just about what I paid and would expect to pay again. It's your call but IMHO I think Whoppers Opus for the Duke is fair.
Tom

Yea...they are all over the board....you can understand my dilemma then I'm sure. If I bend and select a few of those boxes in a certain price variant and "pick and choose" what I average from....and that hasn't been done to bend prices for other passers....well....it's either one way or another...

Can't have different standards for different people...even though I love me some Whopper. :blush:

The in-service refers to the standard issuing in the armed services.

You pose a good argument. I'll get you on the consolation prize. Package out next week...

P.S. 13 out of 14

:thumbs:

Revised Take's / Put's:

09) WOAM...............................62) Anejo 50
30) Zino Platinum Stout.............63) OpusX Perfecxion No. 2
45) H. Upmann Sir Winston(08)..64) Avo 80th
60) Cohiba Siglo II.....................65) Montecristo No. 2 (11/09)
...............................................66) H. Upmann Magnum 50 (02/09)

You're all good here..... :thumbs:

Sorry I couldn't look at these earlier, I passed over them with all the contest stuff and well....New Years was not the greatest for me this year. Long story short...my girlfriends' sister was kidnapped by her boyfriend on new years eve and we had to get 3 different police departments involved in the search. She finally turned up today in decent shape, thank God.

Jake, sounds like a scarry situation, I'm glad things turned out on the positive side. My prayers are with you and your family.
Tom

Long story short...my girlfriends' sister was kidnapped by her boyfriend on new years eve and we had to get 3 different police departments involved in the search. She finally turned up today in decent shape, thank God.

Does he have ANY idea how heavily armed you are? ;)

Glad to hear it all turned out OK.

~Boar

Whoa! Sorry to hear about that Jake. The pass will be on the way to Bill tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when I return from the PO.

add: Inventory looks good

Allen

Whoa! Sorry to hear about that Jake. The pass will be on the way to Bill tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when I return from the PO.

add: Inventory looks good

Allen

Dang Jake, glad she's back OK. :0

Ready for the Pass, Allen!

Looks like its to me, so here goes

Takes---------------------------------------------------------------------------Puts
#37 Tat T 110------------------------------------------------------------Opus Fuente Fuente

#57PAM Imperiales----------------------------------------------------Opus Perf. #2

#7 DPG invictus------------------------------------------------------------Tat 7th res.

#55 Liga Privada Parejo----------------------------------------------Tat J21

Don

USPS DC# 0310 2640 0002 0599 7013

Should be there 1/5/11.

Look's like the PASS was delivered today at 3:10 pm at my office. I'll get it tomorrow and have it turned around by Friday.

P.S. Jake, the contest sticks arrived the other day. Thanks! Also congratz on your pending Daddy-hood! :thumbs:

USPS DC# 0310 2640 0002 0599 7013

Should be there 1/5/11.

Look's like the PASS was delivered today at 3:10 pm at my office. I'll get it tomorrow and have it turned around by Friday.

P.S. Jake, the contest sticks arrived the other day. Thanks! Also congratz on your pending Daddy-hood! :thumbs:

Thanks Bill!

It's been a pretty chaotic couple weeks around here to say the least. ;)

PASS looks good! I've made my trades and got it wrapped back up. I've confirmed with Don that he is ready. I'll get this out today's mail. Let you know the DC# later today.

PASS looks good! I've made my trades and got it wrapped back up. I've confirmed with Don that he is ready. I'll get this out today's mail. Let you know the DC# later today.

DC# 0310 1230 0002 1045 5140

Looks like its to me, so here goes

Takes---------------------------------------------------------------------------Puts
#37 Tat T 110------------------------------------------------------------Opus Fuente Fuente
I have a concern here....price is good...but the T110 (released in ~200 - ~250) boxes only twice, versus an opus (which carries a rarity factor) released quarterly. while both rare....it's not expected that the T110 be released again. Since the cigar is no longer in production, I feel it a bit more rare than an opus. Since they are both rare though, I'll let fellow passers decide this one as it is a decision over the "degree" of rarity.

#57PAM Imperiales----------------------------------------------------Opus Perf. #2
Good! :thumbs:

#7 DPG invictus------------------------------------------------------------Tat 7th res.

#55 Liga Privada Parejo----------------------------------------------Tat J21

Don