• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass 2010

That could be fun! I just have my Ruger .357 wheelgun right now (my SKS needs some bolt repair) but I like shooting it. :thumbs:

~Boar

Same here! :thumbs:

Mine is modded for concealed carry, with a shaved hammer and groove sights. It's a real natural shooter for me . . . right size, right weight. I wouldn't mind taking the trigger pull down a little, maybe, but I don't want to mess with it when it does so well for me now.

~Boar

Same here! :thumbs:

Mine is modded for concealed carry, with a shaved hammer and groove sights. It's a real natural shooter for me . . . right size, right weight. I wouldn't mind taking the trigger pull down a little, maybe, but I don't want to mess with it when it does so well for me now.

~Boar

Mine's way too heavy to carry. I have the 6in. barrel. Is yours a 4in.?

Yeah, mine's the 4" . . . but it's still way too heavy for concealed carry, lol. I bought it at a Saxet Gun Show with the mods done, well broken in belt holster, and a speedloader, so I'm guessing the previous owner DID carry it. Maybe I just don't have enough ass :rolleyes: but wearing it on my belt would likely pull my jeans down to my knees. I'd look all hip hop gangsta and stuff! :laugh:

I'm thinking of getting something new to play with next tax return . . . maybe a Sig P220 finally, maybe a Ruger Superhawk, maybe a good compact carry piece like the Para Warthog. Haven't really decided.

~Boar

Guys, I'd have loved to been in on this, but while we're "camping" (living in the neighbors basement while our new house is being built), receiving and shipping packages is sketchy at best. Neverthless, I will share my new fave "pocket rocket" - a nicely modified Smith and Wesson 642.

Mine made a trip to Cylinder and Slide and got the works;

- Full trigger job; timing, full polish and re-fit, extra long firing pin (reliability), all new springs. Not so much lighter as smooooooth.....
- Polished trigger. OK, not necessary but it sure feels good.
- Barrel re-crowned to 15 degree chamfer. By god, it really did tighten the groups on paper.....
- Meprolight night sight. Love 'em....
- Milled "1/2 ghost ring" cut in the back strap (makes a great sight picture for a little gun).

It's a beautiful little gun that rocks .38+P's for business, shoots standard .38 at the range for practice. Best part is that in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, it slips right in the front pants pocket of my jeans and is as easy to bring along as a second wallet. Doesn't print and is with me all the time when I'm out. That was my goal; I have lots of nice guns that often got left at home because I didn't want to screw around with holsters, ankle rigs, etc. This thing is wonderful and is my new best friend for daily carry.

On the road, one or two of my Glocks go along for the ride but the little S&W is a great "daily driver".....:thumbs:

Have fun with the pass, and the very Best Regards to my 2nd amendment brothers - B.B.S.

Cylinder and Slide looks like one helluva smithing shop...just judging by some photographs...they do some fantastic, Grade A work!

Cylinder and Slide looks like one helluva smithing shop...just judging by some photographs...they do some fantastic, Grade A work!
They've been at it for a long time. There are lots of guys that do amazing things with 1911's but these guys really are respected for their wheel gun work. My little one turned out.....fantastic...!!....:thumbs:

PS - Pass "Ammo" is updated gents. Barring any last minute damaging, these are the stogies going to our first passer.

There are now 3 different Items being shipped to me before the pass can begin. 2 Gifts for each passer and then the little baggies for the cigars. Upon arrival, the pass will be assembled and headed to our first passer. :thumbs:

I received 2 of the 3 pieces supposedly being shipped to me for the pass. Will call and check on the third part tomorrow. Regardless...we will be underway by weeks end! :thumbs:

Not A Nice Person - what's wrong with your SKS? I might have some extra parts.

Looks like I'm first in the pass, here's a prelim list I threw together, let's see what everyone thinks.

T/P

4) Cohiba Siglo V - Casa Fuente (forget the size, it was $18)
10) HDM Epicure #1 - H.Upmann #2
22) Tat Black Tubo - OpusX (gotta check my sizes, put in a big one)
25) Tat Drac - Cohiba Robusto

Not A Nice Person - what's wrong with your SKS? I might have some extra parts.

It had a jammed firing pin that did a little damage to the bolt . . . I bought a whole new one, but there's a piece on the replacement (carrier? the little square part you tap the pins out to remove when you're changing the firing pin) that's way more worn down than the original one.

Basically, I just need to swap some parts between the two bolt assemblies to make one good one. Just haven't gotten around to it, because my Smoke 'N Gun Club lost our access to the private range we'd been having our weekend meets at, up in the Hill Country.

Thanks for the offer, though! :thumbs:

~Boar

4) Cohiba Siglo V - Casa Fuente (forget the size, it was $18)
If it was $18...I assume it's the Corona Gorda. Check the length...should be 5 5/8. I have the Cohiba at $15.50...Looks Good to me. :thumbs: I NEED CONFIRMATION ON THE SIZE.

10) HDM Epicure #1 - H.Upmann #2
Do you have the year or box code on the H. Upmann? As far as pricing...this is good. :thumbs:

22) Tat Black Tubo - OpusX (gotta check my sizes, put in a big one)
I cannot confirm or deny until I know the Opus Vitola....SIZE CONFIRMATION

25) Tat Drac - Cohiba Robusto
Rarity doesn't match on the basis of a standard production vs. a very limited box run. Price doesn't match up either. This one needs to go back to the drawing boards.

Pass will go out tomorrow. Bruce (jovenhut) has been moved from 4th in-line to second in-line.

James, 2 trades are good, one I need more information on (plus I'd like any avail. info. on the H. Upmann), and one needs to go back to the drawing board. I will need Vitola information on the Opus and Casa Fuente.

DC# will be: 0309 1140 0001 2247 7515

Okay, let's try this on for size:

4) Cohiba Siglo V - Padron 1926 #2
10) HDM Epicure #1 - H.Upmann #2 USE AGO 08
22) Tat Black Tubo - OpusX super belicoso
25) Tat Drac - Untold Story maduro

The prices all seem to be right in line, my CF got damaged somehow on the way back from Vegas so it's out. The UTS should cover the rarity factor.

Good :thumbs:

I have the Tat Black at $14 and the Opus at $13...I don't think this will pass. Opus over $14 include the #2, RDC and DC (Moki's MSRP info. is being used here)

The prices all seem to be right in line, my CF got damaged somehow on the way back from Vegas so it's out. The UTS should cover the rarity factor.

I have the Tat Black at $14 and the Opus at $13...I don't think this will pass. Opus over $14 include the #2, RDC and DC (Moki's MSRP info. is being used here)

Almost there......Well played Jake.:cool:

I thought the Tubo was $13, like the Drac. Ok, this should do it. I want to get an OpusX into play here.

24) Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 - OpusX super belicoso

I thought the Tubo was $13, like the Drac. Ok, this should do it. I want to get an OpusX into play here.

24) Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 - OpusX super belicoso

The Corona Gorda is $13...Tubo is $14.

Those all look good! :thumbs:

Pass shipped today. It's in a 14x14x14 square box. Tracking number above.

When writing down the p's and t's in the pass folder...please be sure the numbers coincide with what is listed on post #1. Upon receiving, please double check the list.

And We're OFF!

nice_guns.png

Just picked up another couple guns at an auction, gotta shoot them a little before I sell them.

11172010%20010.jpg

11172010%20003.jpg

I bid on them as 9mm, turns out they're .38 Super. Bonus!

I might keep the matte one and sell the shiny one.

Also, just found out today they're building a brand new indoor shooting range less than 10 minutes from my house, exactly on my way to/from work! Life is good.