• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass 2010

Reworked the two takes/puts that were way off! :whistling:

27. Tatuaje Reserva SW Maduro
45. H. Upmann Sir Winston '08

29. Tatuaje Verocu No. 9
46. DPG My Father Lancero #4 '09

36. Tatuaje Verocu No. 2 (East Coast)
47. Bolivar Petit Belicoso EL 2009

16. LFD DL-452
48. Liga Privada T-52 Toro '09

-Jimmy

Reworked the two takes/puts that were way off! :whistling:

27. Tatuaje Reserva SW Maduro
Price wise, this works. One thing I will leave up for input from other pass members....but let me give my .02. The SW maduro was only produced in 200 boxes...much rarer than even a tat frank at this point. The Sir Winston is not so rare. Price works, rarity is off...seems like it should be re-worked. I'll leave it up to other pass members.

29. Tatuaje Verocu No. 9
Good! :thumbs:

16. LFD DL-452

-Jimmy

Getting much better Jimmy. I have a feeling the first one will get shot down due to rarity....but you're much, much closer brother. The learning experience is all part of it. :thumbs:

Reworked the take/put that was off.

28. Tatuaje Unicos

29. Tatuaje Verocu No. 9

16. LFD DL-452

-Jimmy

Reworked the take/put that was off.

28. Tatuaje Unicos

29. Tatuaje Verocu No. 9

16. LFD DL-452

-Jimmy

Thank you Jake!
xmashs.gif

-Jimmy

Puts and takes. For most of them I used the comparrision shopper, taking the average from all available cost. Let me know what you think:

#9 Hemingway WOAM #49 Ashton VSG illusion

#20 My Father LeBijou Toro #50 AVO LE 08 Tesoro

#22 Tat Black Tubo #51 Davidoff 100 Anni Robust

#33 Opus X Belosco #52 Padron 1964 Anni Diplomatico

#34 Hemingway Untold Story #53 Davidoff Special R

#37 Tat T-110 #54 Hoyo De Monterrey 01 Churchill

#43 GOF Don Carlos Robo 2006 #55 Davidoff Brobergs 125th anni

The couple that jump out at me without doing any research is the WOAM for VSG. I feel the WOAM Carries some rarity. The Tat for HDM same reason.

Brian
I keep forgeting to log out as secert Santa.

The couple that jump out at me without doing any research is the WOAM for VSG. I feel the WOAM Carries some rarity. The Tat for HDM same reason.

Brian
I keep forgeting to log out as secert Santa.

Not sure if I agree with you on the rarity of a WOAM. I've seen them in my local B&M and on line throughout the year. As for the Tat; I just look at comparrison shopper and on line and you are correct.
What do you other guys think?
Thanks
Tom

I will break these down today.

At first glance...

T110 and HDM won't work though. Not only rarity...but the HDM's from 99-01 are bought at 50% or so of the retail value.

Not sure about the padron for the opus...padron = no rarity, opus = a little rarity.

Just wanted to correct the number for this take/put. It should be 19, not 16. :)

19. LFD DL-452

Tom it's headed to you man! USPS DC# 03101230000116140430

Gavin thank you so much for your gift! You rock man!

-Jimmy

Puts and takes. For most of them I used the comparrision shopper, taking the average from all available cost. Let me know what you think:

#9 Hemingway WOAM #49 Ashton VSG illusion
WOAMS are only supposed to be released roughly once (though I have seen twice...SCHIP) a year. They may be readily available to some, but not all. I feel it carries slight rarity as a seasonal release only stick.

#20 My Father LeBijou Toro #50 AVO LE 08 Tesoro

#22 Tat Black Tubo #51 Davidoff 100 Anni Robust

#33 Opus X Belosco #52 Padron 1964 Anni Diplomatico
Needs to be re-worked for reasons stated above.

#34 Hemingway Untold Story #53 Davidoff Special R
I think this fall sunder the same category as the WOAM. Special R's can be bought at any davidoff retailer and online...let's get input.

#37 Tat T-110 #54 Hoyo De Monterrey 01 Churchill
Needs to be re-worked for reasons stated above.

#43 GOF Don Carlos Robo 2006 #55 Davidoff Brobergs 125th anni

I would like to get more input to see if anyone wants to allow the WOAM & UTS trades...regular production and readily available sticks don't match the limited release or production of some of the others. Just some initial thoughts.

Oddly enough, I thought they were both seasonal-only cigars, and I've never seen the UTS in stores. Then I go to a shop today, and they have both! Weird. I think it should be something at least seasonal, not necessarily rare, like perhaps an Anejo or a limited release size of something.

This is a great learning opportunity for me and maybe others. I’m sure if I searched long enough I would find a number of opinions, but now that the subject is out there I have a couple of questions.

1) Hemingway’s - If something is released once or twice a year and can be found in a couple of my local B&M’s and on the Comparison Shopper (CS), in more than a couple on line stores, all year long; is it still considered Rear or Hard to Find? .

2) We all know of the issues with the sticks from 99 to 01. I buy 50 for the price of 25 and it’s a crap shoot. I’ve bought 50 and ended up with 40 good cigars and I’ve bought 50 and ended up with 10 good cigars. The HDM Churchill’s worked out where one box was garbage and one box was good. (Yes, I was intending to put up a good stick) So when all is said and done did I get a deal or not? Did I pay full price or not? Is a good stick with 9 years age on it worth full price on a trade? No matter the answer, the rarity of the Tat over rules the trade.

3) The Opus ($13) and the Tat T-110 ($7) can’t be found on the CS or in any of my local B&M’s, so I would say they are consider rear sticks. Sorry, I should have done better research. What would we say to a Cohiba Seleccion Reserva 2003 Corona Especial for the Opus. The regular 2010 release goes for $11.62 (averaged from 10 sites on CS) but this Reserva can only be found in the Reserve Series box released only in 2003, I can’t find how many boxes were released. Whereas the Opus comes out every year?

All responses welcome, inquiring minds want to know.:)

Thanks

Tom

I'd put my vote in for WOAMs not being rare. I've been able to buy four boxes of these within the last six months without any trouble. However, I bought these all over the net and not locally so take it for what it's worth.

Allen

This is a great learning opportunity for me and maybe others. I’m sure if I searched long enough I would find a number of opinions, but now that the subject is out there I have a couple of questions.

1) Hemingway’s - If something is released once or twice a year and can be found in a couple of my local B&M’s and on the Comparison Shopper (CS), in more than a couple on line stores, all year long; is it still considered Rear or Hard to Find? .
You can find WOAM's and Untold Story Maduros in-stock in online stores year round? Can you provide examples? (I may have to take advantage of that!!!) :thumbs: I went to a local that just got their holiday shipment from fuente....BTL's, Opus and Anejo....no hemingway maddies. It's subjective to everyone, just because your local has it doesn't mean that all locals have them. Another thing I was taught long ago in passes....just because our CP retailers offer us exclusive deals or nice prices on some fuente holiday cigars, doesn't mean that the cigars are easy to find or obtainable. Can most cigar smokers walk into their B&M in July and get WOAMs and Untold Story Maduros off the shelf? Something to consider...I'm just providing the objective view point.

2) We all know of the issues with the sticks from 99 to 01. I buy 50 for the price of 25 and it’s a crap shoot. I’ve bought 50 and ended up with 40 good cigars and I’ve bought 50 and ended up with 10 good cigars. The HDM Churchill’s worked out where one box was garbage and one box was good. (Yes, I was intending to put up a good stick) So when all is said and done did I get a deal or not? Did I pay full price or not? Is a good stick with 9 years age on it worth full price on a trade? No matter the answer, the rarity of the Tat over rules the trade.
Normally we would take MSRP, but the 99-01 ISOM's are a special case. The going rate on those years from almost all retailers was 50% of MSRP. Therefore, since they are readily and widely available to all cigar communities at that price, we use that price in passes. This has come up a few times in other passes I've participated in before.

3) The Opus ($13) and the Tat T-110 ($7) can’t be found on the CS or in any of my local B&M’s, so I would say they are consider rear sticks. Sorry, I should have done better research. What would we say to a Cohiba Seleccion Reserva 2003 Corona Especial for the Opus. The regular 2010 release goes for $11.62 (averaged from 10 sites on CS) but this Reserva can only be found in the Reserve Series box released only in 2003, I can’t find how many boxes were released. Whereas the Opus comes out every year?
Rarity isn't necessairly based off of what YOUR local B&M gets or what's available on CS. Other factors to consider are # of releases per year and # of boxes released per year. The 2003 Seleccion Reserva box I believe had a per stick MSRP price of about $16. I'd consider it a good put for the opus.

All responses welcome, inquiring minds want to know.:)

Thanks

Tom

On a side note, I will be out of town for work from Mon. to Thurs night. I'm not sure what my internet availability will be during this time. If necessary, we can slow the pass down for a day or two if I can't get to the computer. :thumbs:

My local only receives Anejos and Hemingway Maddie's. Never have seen any Opus or others there.

Ok here's the puts and takes:

T #20 My Father LeBijou Toro - P #49 AVO LE08 Tesro
T #22 Tat Black Tubo - P #50 Davidoff 100th Anni Robusto
T #33 Opus Super Belicoso - P #51 Cohiba Reserve Corona Especiales (OSU ENE 03)
T #43 GOF Don Carlos Robo 2006 - P#52 Davidoff Brobergs 125th Anni
P #53 Romeo Y Julieta EL09 Duke

UPS shows this thing still enroute but the puts are bagged and tagged. I'll wait for Jake's final approval and for Brian to confirm he's ready prior to sending it on.
I appreciate everyones input. Great experience Jake! :D
Thanks
Tom

It should be on your doorstep Friday or Saturday at the latest via USPS Tom.