• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bottle Opener vs the Cigar Cutter

Which is more important to carry?

• Cigar Cutter

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Bottle Opener

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
They way I see it, if you mangle the bottle cap opening the beer, the beer bottle and the beer itself remains serviceable. If you screw up trying to bite/ cut off the cap of a cigar you can kill the cigar.

I have a cutter in my pocket, and a swisstech multi-tool on my keyring. Good for everything except for those damned twist off tops. Still ain't figured out how to open them.

I have a cutter in my pocket, and a swisstech multi-tool on my keyring. Good for everything except for those damned twist off tops. Still ain't figured out how to open them.

Insert politically incorrect Italian joke Here...

Doc.

I have always carried one of THESE to open my beer bottles...and they are good for cutting & lighting a cigar too...plus they come in handy for other things as well :whistling:

If they could only cook....

Just get one of these and then you don't have to argue. My link
400.jpg

That's my solution, though I also have a bottle opener on the inside of my belt buckle, and like Doc said, you can open a bottle with just about anything (I've used my wedding ring many times Jake :thumbs: ).

I have both in the car also, as well as a lighter/punch combo, so I guess I'm covered. Really need to get one of those Wenger SAK though, I've been wanting one of those forever.

Key chain punch cutter for cigars and teeth for bottles, question answered. :laugh:

Since my favorite beer, Natural Light, has twist off caps, I do not need a bottle opener and only carry a cigar cutter.

:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding...There is no way I could drink Natty Light...I know I have tried before :(

Seriously, I always have a pocket knife in my pocket, a bottle opener on my key ring and a lighter in the car.

There is no way I could drink Natty Light...I know I have tried before :(

Nothing wrong with Natty Light, there's a trick to drinking it though.

1. Get drunk
2. Drink Natural Light

Voila!

My wife cuts my cigars and opens my beer bottles, no need to carry either :sign:

I keep both and a lighter in my truck... I don't drink beer, but while I was cleaning out my Grandfather's truck after I inherted it, I found THIS along with a ton of empty Powerade bottles. I have no idea why he had it since he never drank beer, but my friends love it.

I realized I only carried a lighter with me, but after reading this thread, I cleaned up my oldest cutter, a Palio and stuck it in my pack. Now I'm ready for any impromptu herf.

If I ever needed a bottle opener, I keep a multi tool w/ scissors in my van ('cause ya never know when that stray nose hair will make it's appearance on you).