• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre flop

Lol..I don't think he will implode, boos or not. Stats so far this year:

Favre: 1611 yards 15 td's
Pennington: 1710 yards 7 td's

I'll say this, I'm impressed by pennington so far even though he has half the td's farve has. The real question remains though, can he make it through a whole season?

The only reason I watch the NFL draft is to see how badly the Jets fans boo regardless of their draft pick:

Roger Goodell: The Jets take Jesus of Nazareth as their next pick.
Jets Fans: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:laugh:

The only reason I watch the NFL draft is to see how badly the Jets fans boo regardless of their draft pick:

Roger Goodell: The Jets take Jesus of Nazareth as their next pick.
Jets Fans: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Oh come on, everybody knows Jesus had trouble reading defenses in college and has a noodle for an arm. Plus his mechanics are all wrong.

Besides, he won't go anywhere without his "posse".

That's hilarious. How did you get a Bronx accent way up there in Minnesota? :D

Lol..I don't think he will implode, boos or not. Stats so far this year:

Favre: 1611 yards 15 td's
Pennington: 1710 yards 7 td's

I'll say this, I'm impressed by pennington so far even though he has half the td's farve has. The real question remains though, can he make it through a whole season?

You forgot a couple...................glad to help :thumbs:

Favre: QB rating of 89.5 with 11 INT's and leading a team who is steadily falling in the power rankings. Some NFL analysts have moved from speculation, to flat out statement, that Favre's gun slinging against opponents with bad run defenses is killing the Jets.

Pennington: QB rating of 100.5 with 3 Int's and leading a team who is steadily climbing in the power rankings.

Well if you want to talk actualities then just stick with it. Arguing with "steadily falling" vs "steadily climbing" isn't a valid argument. Its just an opinion.

Of course your also leaving out the biggest stat, which honestly I don't blame you for.

Jets have a 4-3 record.
Miami has a 3-4 record.
In their only meeting this year, Jets won, and the game was in miami.

I'll give you the QB rating and INT's all you want, but the reality is none of it matters. If the Jets end up better than Miami, then Farve is better than Pennington, plain adn simple. They both got thrown into systems they weren't familer with so thats even. They both got thrown into subpar teams, so thats even.

If the Jets somehow make the playoffs, wildcard or not and Miami doesn't, its a major coup. And if/when Pennington throws his arm out in the next 3 or 4 games gets placed on IR or just misses 1 or 2 games even and Favre plays all the games, its still a major coup. The whole reason for ditching chad had nothing to do with his potential and had everything to do with his penchant for being oft injured.

Its the exact same thing Mark Brunell went through and is still going through till this day...oft injured and never really produced. Noone questioned the system or his potential...its always been there...he, just like pennington has just never lived up to it.

Well if you want to talk actualities then just stick with it. Arguing with "steadily falling" vs "steadily climbing" isn't a valid argument. Its just an opinion.

Of course your also leaving out the biggest stat, which honestly I don't blame you for.

Jets have a 4-3 record.
Miami has a 3-4 record.

I'll give you the QB rating and INT's all you want, but the reality is none of it matters. If the Jets end up better than Miami, then Farve is better than Pennington, plain adn simple. They both got thrown into systems they weren't familer with so thats even. They both got thrown into subpar teams, so thats even.

If the Jets somehow make the playoffs, wildcard or not and Miami doesn't, its a major coup. And if/when Pennington throws his arm out in the next 3 or 4 games gets placed on IR or just misses 1 or 2 games even and Favre plays all the games, its still a major coup. The whole reason for ditching chad had nothing to do with his potential and had everything to do with his penchant for being oft injured.

Its the exact same thing Mark Brunell went through and is still going through till this day...oft injured and never really produced. Noone questioned the system or his potential...its always been there...he, just like pennington has just never lived up to it.

That just doesn't flush bro ;) Comparing the two teams head to head has nothing to do with this discussion and has little or nothing to do with Favre vs Pennington. My contention was, and still is, that the Jets made a bad move as a franchise to get Favre......it's probably a one year shot at glory and then back to the drawing board.

The Dolphins were the worst team in football last year and nobody gave them a chance to compete for anything this year, before or after Pennington

The Jets were expected to be a contender both before and definitely after Favre.

It just don't flush :whistling:

Jets have a 4-3 record.
Miami has a 3-4 record.

That just doesn't flush bro ;) Comparing the two teams head to head has nothing to do with this discussion and has little or nothing to do with Favre vs Pennington. The Dolphins were the worst team in football last year and nobody gave them a chance to compete for anything this year, before or after Pennington. The Jets were expected to be a contender both before and definitely after Favre.

My contention was, and still is, that the Jets made a bad move as a franchise to get Favre......it's probably a one year shot at glory and then back to the drawing board.

And yes, the Jet's steadily falling in the rankings is fact and so is the Dolphins steadily climbing in the rankings. It represents a highly publicized belief, by football experts, regarding the competitive nature of the two teams. But again, that wasn't the basis of the bet or the discussion, right.

It just don't flush bro :whistling:

That just doesn't flush bro ;) Comparing the two teams head to head has nothing to do with this discussion and has little or nothing to do with Favre vs Pennington. The Dolphins were the worst team in football last year and nobody gave them a chance to compete for anything this year, before or after Pennington. The Jets were expected to be a contender both before and definitely after Favre.

My contention was, and still is, that the Jets made a bad move as a franchise to get Favre......it's probably a one year shot at glory and then back to the drawing board.

And yes, the Jet's steadily falling in the rankings is fact and so is the Dolphins steadily climbing in the rankings. It represents a highly publicized belief, by football experts, regarding the competitive nature of the two teams. But again, that wasn't the basis of the bet or the discussion, right.

It just don't flush bro :whistling:

Which football experts are these? I really am interested in reading them, because everything I saw before the season started was the jets ranking 23rd or 25th, and all of them commented about their QB situation as being their key problem.

As for steadily falling vs climbing in the rankings, lets look at the facts.

After week 3, the AFC East looked like this:

Buffalo 3-0
New England 2-1
Jets 1-2
Miami 1-2

After week 4 it looked like this:

Buffalo 4-0
New England 2-1
Jets 2-2
Miami 1-2

After week 5, it looked like this:

Buffalo 4-1
New England 3-1
Jets 2-2
Miami 2-2

After Week 7, it looked like this:

Buffalo 5-1
New England 4-2
Jets 3-3
Miami 2-4

After week 8, it now looks like this:

Buffalo 5-2
New England 5-2
Jets 4-3
Miami 3-4

Show me where the Jets are steadily falling and Miami is steadily climbing? I just don't see that. Actually, the reverse seems to be happening. The Jets have gone 2-1 over the last 3 games whereas Miami has gone 1-2.

I will say that Miami looks better and has done better than anyone would have thought they would. Pennington has looked better too. I will give you that.

Have the Jets won their division or are they creaming team after team? Surely not. But they have already tied their record from all of last year. In fact with pennington at the helm last season, they opened 1-7. Of course he missed the second game. But during that span, he put up 1317 yards, 9 TD's and 7 INT's. Looks eerily similar to this season...

My contention is the Jets made a good move. Will Favre retire after this year? Maybe...maybe not, even if the Jets do something post season. Whatever the case, Pennington wasn't getting it done in NY, and they felt having one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game gave them a better shot at doing something this year. Theres still a lot of games left to be played by both teams so it should be interesting to see how it plays out. So far, I think if you asked both organizations what they think of their moves, I think both are happy and neither would like to reverse what they did. :)

I Have a $50 fiver that says Favre will have a disaster of a season.

Up until his latest round of BS I viewed Favre as one of a dying breed. Now I see he is just like all the rest "look at me, what about me, who cares about the team....what about me".

I think New York is the last place he should be and I think this will tarnish his illustrious career.

Here's the bet.....If the season is a flop for him at QB for the jets, you owe me. If he excels and has another banner year I owe you. If he plays the season out and it's all blah, blah, blah, (not a clear cut victory for either) then we trade $50 fivers.

Who wants to prove me wrong?

It's looking like a wash so far. Yes the Jets may very well make the playoffs, but that wasn't the bet, neither was it them not making the playoffs. It's if he excels or not.

So far it's looking like it might be a trade and no clear winner, but we have some games to go.

Your thoughts? :whistling:

I Have a $50 fiver that says Favre will have a disaster of a season.

Up until his latest round of BS I viewed Favre as one of a dying breed. Now I see he is just like all the rest "look at me, what about me, who cares about the team....what about me".

I think New York is the last place he should be and I think this will tarnish his illustrious career.

Here's the bet.....If the season is a flop for him at QB for the jets, you owe me. If he excels and has another banner year I owe you. If he plays the season out and it's all blah, blah, blah, (not a clear cut victory for either) then we trade $50 fivers.

Who wants to prove me wrong?

It's looking like a wash so far. Yes the Jets may very well make the playoffs, but that wasn't the bet, neither was it them not making the playoffs. It's if he excels or not.

So far it's looking like it might be a trade and no clear winner, but we have some games to go.

Your thoughts? :whistling:

Bingo!

Show me where the Jets are steadily falling and Miami is steadily climbing? I just don't see that. Actually, the reverse seems to be happening.

If you google NFL power Rankings and look at the week one ranking and the week eight ranking (week nine isn't out yet), you will see the steady fall of the Jets and the steady rise of the Dolphins..... and the Dolphins are sure to rise even more after beating the Bills, and the Jets may fall after barely beating the Chiefs.

Virtually every one of these talks about how inconsistent the Jet offense is looking.
ESPN
Fox
Sportsline
Doc's
Cover's
SI

This was way to open ended and too many "what if's" to be able to find any common ground. This whole "flop" will be like nailing Jell-O to the wall.

It will be always be there to chat over if anyone needs a break from work though!

This was way to open ended and too many "what if's" to be able to find any common ground. This whole "flop" will be like nailing Jell-O to the wall.

It will be always be there to chat over if anyone needs a break from work though!

So true! That's why the three of us involved in the bet have agreed it's more about the fun of sending cigars to a brother who will enjoy them.

I have to admit though that I thought the infamous Jet's fans would boo him out of town when his gun slinging started jeopardizing games.

I've always liked that expression. I dated a "dancer" in college with the stage name of Jellow (don't ask me how she came up with that :rolleyes: ). She was nailed to the wall several times, so it isn't exactly impossible. :whistling:

I've always liked that expression. I dated a "dancer" in college with the stage name of Jellow (don't ask me how she came up with that :rolleyes: ). She was nailed to the wall several times, so it isn't exactly impossible. :whistling:

Mmmmmmmmm..... Jellow.

Thanks for the info. Its pretty interesting really, though I'm not sure I would call it a steady climb for the dolphins or a steady fall for the jets. They both seem mired around the same 4-5 spots week in, week out. Still though, these rankings are done through polls of different so-called experts, and because of that they are simply opinions of those experts and shouldn't be misconstrued as fact. A win-loss record is fact.

I don't see the jets performances as uncoordinated bad play and that they were lucky to win, I see them as gritty playmakers who made the plays needed to win....really I do. :whistling: Then again is the glass half empty or half full? lol