• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buena Vista Cigars shut down

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I just learned that this company is no longer in business. What a shame! I don't know what they did to their cigars, but they were some of the tastiest I've ever had. Talk about smoking a rich and delicious chocolate brownie! It's unfortunate that they owned the factory and all tobacco that went with it. Was hoping another big name mfgr was making these for them... 

I think they failed because their marketing sucked. They didn't do anything to try and market their cigars. I even invited them to CP to help promote them free of charge, as I really wanted this brand to make it. Never heard back from them. 

If you never smoked one, be happy -- you don't know what you're missing. :)

I hear crying in eastern Colorado Springs.

I was fortunate enough to try these sticks. Definitely enjoyed them.

Dam, now that means the 3 I have left need to last me...   forever

They are known to create premium cigars of all types. No wonder that their Facebook page had a notice that says that they are closed down. 

I don't understand your post; can you please clarify? 

mickey2 said:
 They are known to create premium cigars of all types. No wonder that their Facebook page had a notice that says that they are closed down. 

Rod, there seems to be a rash of spammers lately and this guy seems to be one.  Check the "Raising your own tobacco" thread.  Except for Jamie's replies, that thread seems to attract them like flies.

MoeCizlak said:
Rod, there seems to be a rash of spammers lately and this guy seems to be one.  Check the "Raising your own tobacco" thread.  Except for Jamie's replies, that thread seems to attract them like flies.

He bumped all the stickies in the Pipe Smokers section, too.

Pipe Smoker said:

I just PM'd him with a bit of friendly advice.  If he takes it he'll stop bumping old threads, post an intro, and fill out his profile.

LarryH said:

I just PM'd him with a bit of friendly advice.  If he takes it he'll stop bumping old threads, post an intro, and fill out his profile.

I sent him a PM this morning and the posting seemed to disappear at that point.

Frank

Well I have looked and looked for these cigars at home to try a few and I get here to the resort in Mexico and they have a couple different sizes. They are the only non-Cuban they have here and the price seemed somewhat ok. I don't know theses cigars so I am wandering what you guys think. Is $10 for a robusto just way out of line. It seemed much better than $21 for a partagas #2... Lol

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Thats about what I paid back in february in san antonio. I personally dont like them but let us know what you think

The one I smoked (that Backslide bombed me with) that stood out was some sort of an 'Anniversary Edition' in a belicoso/short torpedo size....that one was an incredible smoke! It may have had a second band too. The others I smoked were sort of pedestrian compared to that one.

Jeez Paul, for 10 bucks....just buy it and smoke it!

Times a wastin'....you'll be headed back home soon :(

Buy two, smoke them, if you like them, BUY THEM ALL! 

When we had them at the shop I worked part time at, we ordered them, sold out, reordered twice, sold out, then they were gone!

I still kick my self for not getting a few :angry: