• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Building A Cabinet Humidor

Waxing Moon

I was commissioned, or rather challenged, to build a cabinet humidor for a BOTL that had drawers....

So, that got the brain working on how to accomplish this and keep a good seal on the thing.... not much out there to look at for reference for the drawers... So, I sharpened up my virtual pencil and started drawing something out....

Here's what I came up with.....

Smelvis.jpg

SpanishCedarOpen.jpg

SmelvisOpen.jpg

I decided that if I built the Spanish Cedar insert first.... I could ensure that the thing would be sealed.... The drawers, well... I decided that if I beveled the "male" part of the drawer, and then used the matching bevel on the female part of the cabinet, that they should fit snugly together....

Once I drew everything up and double checked that it should all fit together without coming up short anywhere.... it was time for the all important First Step...

DSC09986.jpg

Now it's time to cut some wood.....

DSC09993.jpg

DSC09944.jpg

DSC09983.jpg

DSC09977.jpg

After the spanish cedar insert was done.... it was time to wrap this thing with some nice looking hardwood.....

Cherry & Walnut is what I decided on..... I bookmatched the cherry for the drawer fronts.... I was looking for some "dramatic" grain....

Here it is - dry fit..... just checking...

DSC09980.jpg

Time to glue them on.... and to make sure everything was evenly spaced.... I just used a bunch of pennies....

DSC00002.jpg

And... here's how she ended up....

..... well, not sure what to do here.... It won't let me post any more images.....

Beautiful - and very ambitious. You could put my entire B&M's stock in that. And him too. Congratulations.

John

Very nice! You sure made that look a heck of a lot easier than I'm sure it was! Course, if I had something like that, I'd go to get cigars out of it one day and it would be full of clothes. :laugh:

I always enjoy watching the build steps, thanks for sharing that :)

Congrats on a great Cabinet, to own such an item :love: - The recipient of this will be the envy of many.

Very nice piece. How well do you feel it holds humidity? It looks like it would do fine.
Does each drawer need a humidity source?

Wow, it look's like a dresser drawers. I could sneak that into my bedroom and my wife wouldn't be the wiser. :D

Nice work!

Awsome, Please check your emails from me, Im interested in some of your work for a vinotemp,

Gil

Wow, you made that look incredibly easy! What's the price for something like that? (Just in case, in the future ya know. ;) Gotta save up now!)

Awesome workmanship! Glad you found your way to CigarPass. :thumbs:

That's a very nice cabinet, love the figured cherry. It looks like you used little magnets on the drawers with walnut extension/trim piece? Good idea.

damn!
Wish I had that talent... be easier to make one that to pay the shipping costs up to me :(