• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Built a new Walk-in Humidor

I’m just thinking if it’s varnished, it wouldn’t be able to absorb moisture, which could result in humidity issues as people are walking in and out. Plus it could impart an off flavor in the cigars. I’m the furthest thing from an expert, those are just some things I would watch out for.

Any pics of the humidor with stock in it? For some reason, iphone photos load sideways here when you upload them, unless you turn them 90, save, and then back to original position and save.

Looks good but i think i prefer the bar in the darker color. Personal preference I guess.
I also prefer the bar and a darker color. I did the bar in Black and I was going to do a clear epoxy with different colors mixed in and super thick pour, but the owner came in and wanted me to change the color of the doors and the bar to red. I do apologize as I just finished the humidor and it finally got up to 70% humidity and I have not started loading stock as it is still seasoning.

I was wondering that as well. Is that not cedar in the humi? Nice work, regardless.
Thank you for the kind words as I am very humble and I try to do the best work that I can. It is Cedar, and as recommended I used a water-based clear coat and bar
And sprayed it lightly so it would still absorb moisture but help prevent stains from hands Etc from leaving marks. I read you need to use a water based product so as not to affect the taste of the cigars

Last edited:
it looks like it has had several days to season so I will start putting stock in it today. I do apologize about the other pics as the pictures are up right when I take them and for some reason they loaded sideways. In the future I may just use the thread to take pictures.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Is this a vape shop?
The previous business was a vape shop. they went out of business so the owner decided he wanted to build a bar where you could drink and smoke cigars as well as have a walk-in humidor where you could purchase cigars and then sit and smoke. Some of the first pictures had the advertisement on the wall for The Vape Shop . That was the wall back behind the bar and that has been all removed and painted over.

Any pics of the humidor with stock in it? For some reason, iphone photos load sideways here when you upload them, unless you turn them 90, save, and then back to original position and save.

Looks good but i think i prefer the bar in the darker color. Personal preference I guess.
I am also a very extremely Avid poker player

It's a trap!
when I read it's a trap I almost peed my pants. I pictured that really ugly guy with the wagon with bars on it from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang luring all of y'all into the humidor with the promise of cigars like he did with candy to lure in the children and then when you're in...Trap worked. Not the case, Real Humidor.

I really do want to truly thank you all for helping me to enjoy this project. I will make sure everything is properly seasoned and start putting in product and post some more pictures. Any input is appreciated and extremely welcome.