• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Built a new Walk-in Humidor

Rough cut aromatic cedar is going to impart a foul taste in the cigars...did you seal it somehow?

Yes I did. Since this was going to be my first walk-in humidor I love cigars and have a lot of respect for them I did tons and tons of research and in my research it said that I should seal the inside lightly with 2 coats(I used a professional paint sprayer with fine finish tip) of a water-based sealer. They recommended lightly feeling it so it would not change the flavor of the cigars but still let the wood breathe.

Seems like a waste of time and money. If the wood would breath after the application of the sealant, the aromatic cedar smell would still be released. That will be bad. If whatever you used totally sealed the wood, why not cover the walls in a laminate...because, in essence, that’s what you did. The only advantage you achieved over laminate was the look of wood. I’ve built walk-ins, stand alone display humidors, and even push cart humidors for inside malls...there will be no natural humidity balance achieved in this design, just a box totally dependent on the the device supplying the humidity. Mold will be an issue there, it’s inevitable. Spanish cedar is a natural mold inhibitor and absorbs & releases moisture while imparting no foreign taste in a cigar. That’s why it’s used.
Hey, as long as you got paid though....but I would have told him ‘no guarantees expressed or implied‘ on its performance.

Several months ago I was approached by someone that wanted to build A cigar lounge. It would be a business in a strip mall that already had a regular bar and a liquor store and he wanted me to take two of the businesses and knock out the wall between them and build a huge bar and a walk-in humidor. Liquor and cigars would be sold so people could sit and drink and enjoy their cigars. I took lots of pictures and I am almost 100% complete I just did not know if anyone was interested in seeing the pictures and video as I had a lot of help from the internet building My First Walk-In humidor. Thank you for your time
It’s better to buy ready-made, as advised on the site: https://newcigarclub.com/