• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Built a new Walk-in Humidor

I really do want to truly thank you all for helping me to enjoy this project. I will make sure everything is properly seasoned and start putting in product and post some more pictures. Any input is appreciated and extremely welcome.
So where is this place?

Just to clarify are you referring to the wall panels or the shelves?

Post some pictures of the new humidor they said, it'll be fun they said....
as far as I know it's American Cedar and I did not get the reddest stuff out there so it would kind of all blend together a little better. I I did tons and tons and tons of research and one thing they told me is to lightly seal it but use a water-based product and that's what I did.
It looks like I'm up above 70% consistently and it seems the reverse osmosis system is working just fine. I installed the sound system yesterday and I'm installing the TVs today . I think the furniture is being delivered Monday .I'm pretty sure the fire marshal and the City come out Monday to do our final inspection and then we will load up the humidor, the bar, and open up as soon as it seems safe enough for uninhibited volume.

I could be mistaken but the grain of the wall panels really resembles pine plywood. I have cedar trim in my man cave and was going to use it for my bar and cedar (from what I’ve seen personally) has straighter grain and more knots. The wavy grain pattern on the wall panels is characteristic of pine or sanded plywood.

I really hope that it's not Pine because I drove about an hour and a half to get those Cedar panels from a little Sawmill that's probably a hundred years old in Shady Dale

probably easier to say I know for a fact that the trim and the shelves are Cedar and we'll just say the wall panels are pine to put everyone's mind at ease.

For reference, this is pine ply against my cedar trim. If they charged you for cedar I’d be calling them.

60E2D27E-F9C9-4268-BE02-EEC19A35B693.jpeg

This makes for a good read. If the owner is happy then you did him right. Not popping for spanish cedar is his error. Nice job, thanks for sharing with us.

Post some pictures of the new humidor they said, it'll be fun they said....

Sorry to hear that.

I'm no woodworker so I won't ask about the details. The project looks good, and like Pug said, as long as the owner is happy you should be too.

Thanks for sharing!