• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying new tires.

OK..best snow tires I've ever owned are STUDDED Nokian Hakkapeliitta Tires.I put them on all my cars after OCT 1st...turns a car into a tank.

Also...Mr J-rod...you need to show more respect for Doc as this site wouldn't have half the integrity it does without guys like him. In my opinion you owe him an apology.

Lastly,before you go telling us about Chicago winters take a look at [http://maps.howstuffworks.com/united-states-annual-snowfall-map.htm"]

....Doc lives in God's country and I'm in the Adirondacks...So snow tires are a good idea...but thanks for your input

OK..best snow tires I've ever owned are STUDDED Nokian Hakkapeliitta Tires.I put them on all my cars after OCT 1st...turns a car into a tank.

Also...Mr J-rod...you need to show more respect for Doc as this site wouldn't have half the integrity it does without guys like him. In my opinion you owe him an apology.

Lastly,before you go telling us about Chicago winters take a look at [http://maps.howstuffworks.com/united-states-annual-snowfall-map.htm"]

....Doc lives in God's country and I'm in the Adirondacks...So snow tires are a good idea...but thanks for your input

That's great that Doc has been a contributor to this community. I never questioned his commitment to this community. It is still not an excuse to make arrogant presumptions about me based on his complete lack of knowledge about anything in my life other than my age and where I currently live, and then state them in a belittling post. Where's the integrity in treating other members of this forum in that way?

And please show me where I stated that Doc shouldn't use snow tires where he lives?

I owe Doc nothing. I may be new to this forum, but that does not mean that I have to stand by and let more veteran members insult me and belittle me just because they have been on this forum longer. I don't remember reading that requirement in the rules. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

It's called be able to take a punch. Lighten up.

As far Doc "belittling" you ..he didn't and if you spent more time around here you would know when he is really banging on someone and when he's not.

Lastly you are right you owe Doc...nor I or anyone else here nothing, EXCEPT common decency and respect. That is something that is not taught in any class or read in any book.

I'm done as I am to old for internet pissing matches with someone who will never get it.

That's great that Doc has been a contributor to this community. I never questioned his commitment to this community. It is still not an excuse to make arrogant presumptions about me based on his complete lack of knowledge about anything in my life other than my age and where I currently live, and then state them in a belittling post. Where's the integrity in treating other members of this forum in that way?

And please show me where I stated that Doc shouldn't use snow tires where he lives?

I owe Doc nothing. I may be new to this forum, but that does not mean that I have to stand by and let more veteran members insult me and belittle me just because they have been on this forum longer. I don't remember reading that requirement in the rules. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

You should feel privileged Doc addressed you.......

He never notices me...*sniff*

dawson-crying.jpg

It's called be able to take a punch. Lighten up.

As far Doc "belittling" you ..he didn't and if you spent more time around here you would know when he is really banging on someone and when he's not.

Lastly you are right you owe Doc...nor I or anyone else here nothing, EXCEPT common decency and respect. That is something that is not taught in any class or read in any book.

I'm done as I am to old for internet pissing matches with someone who will never get it.

If he wasn't insulting me, and was merely being sarcastic, then I would apologize to him. But as of yet, he has not posted a response clarifying this. Up until this point in this thread, no one has shown me an ounce of respect. I posted a reply to the OP, and was then insulted (perhaps not, if Doc wishes to clarify), and instead of just taking it, which is apparently what you expected me to do, I stood up for myself. And as a result, this is what I get. A thread full of members showing me no respect or decency, telling me that I owe it to them.

Since joining this forum I have not broken any rules, haven't stepped on anyone's toes. I read up on the etiquette of this community and I followed it. There is a difference between disrespecting someone, and merely standing up for yourself when you are insulted.

And the last line of your post . . . that must be the common decency and respect that you want me to show towards others correct?

If he wasn't insulting me, and was merely being sarcastic, then I would apologize to him. But as of yet, he has not posted a response clarifying this. Up until this point in this thread, no one has shown me an ounce of respect. I posted a reply to the OP, and was then insulted (perhaps not, if Doc wishes to clarify), and instead of just taking it, which is apparently what you expected me to do, I stood up for myself. And as a result, this is what I get. A thread full of members showing me no respect or decency, telling me that I owe it to them.

Since joining this forum I have not broken any rules, haven't stepped on anyone's toes. I read up on the etiquette of this community and I followed it. There is a difference between disrespecting someone, and merely standing up for yourself when you are insulted.

And the last line of your post . . . that must be the common decency and respect that you want me to show towards others correct?

The whole 'respect' thingy...that's been discussed...search a little. :thumbs:

Listen up Newb. There ain't a swinging dick on this board I haven't called a Know-it-all Flatlander. You're the only one who has ever got his nose out of joint over it. That ought to tell you something. Maybe not. You got issues. You're only 25 and have yet to accomplish anything worth talking about and yet you spout off like your 60 yrs old and saved the damn world. You drove a car at 180 mph. Big deal. I drove an M-48 ambulance at 50 mph. Guess who's ride was more exciting? You've got a lot to learn yet about life yet, young fella. If your smart, maybe you'll pay attention to folks around here, If not, I suspect you'll be another 90 day wonder. Personally I wouldn't give the powder to blow you to hell. Kids like you just make me want to puke. To think there are kids your age dying for your country, while you're driving fast cars, and going to college, probably on daddy's dime. You can feel insulted now.

Doc.

Listen up Newb. There ain't a swinging dick on this board I haven't called a Know-it-all Flatlander. You're the only one who has ever got his nose out of joint over it. That ought to tell you something. Maybe not. You got issues. You're only 25 and have yet to accomplish anything worth talking about and yet you spout off like your 60 yrs old and saved the damn world. You drove a car at 180 mph. Big deal. I drove an M-48 ambulance at 50 mph. Guess who's ride was more exciting? You've got a lot to learn yet about life yet, young fella. If your smart, maybe you'll pay attention to folks around here, If not, I suspect you'll be another 90 day wonder. Personally I wouldn't give the powder to blow you to hell. Kids like you just make me want to puke. To think there are kids your age dying for your country, while you're driving fast cars, and going to college, probably on daddy's dime. You can feel insulted now.

Doc.

Wow.....if you read this post with a Jack Nicholson voice it sounds awesome!

Doc.

Wow.....if you read this post with a Jack Nicholson voice it sounds awesome!

Ok..this is scary...and clickable for all...My link

Doc.

Well, considering my brother is one of those "kids" who took a bullet for our country in Iraq, and I myself am going into the JAG Corps after I graduate this year, you're damn right I'll be offended. Fuck you for presuming I'm some insolent child who takes the rights and freedoms of this country for granted by living some flashy lifestyle of fast cars, blowing my father's money. My parents instilled in both my brother and I the virtues of hard work, respect, decency, dedication, etc. They also instilled in us self-respect. Which is why I'm not sitting by taking this crap from you.

My parents did pay for my undergraduate education. And you know what I did to show my appreciation and respect. I busted my ass for 4 years, got excellent grades, and earned my acceptance into an excellent law school. I didn't waste it away drinking, doing drugs, dropping out, skipping class, etc. I'm paying for law school. And guess what, I'm still busting my ass, working hard. Do I want a medal for this? NO. I want to continue to show my appreciation to my parents by continuing to work hard, to be successful in my future endeavors.

I haven't once spouted off like I've accomplished anything great with my life. I said that I raced cars. I never claimed that this in some way made me an expert on all things in life. That it made me infinitely wise. It was something that I did, and was good at. That's it. I haven't once stated that I have saved the world, or that I have learned everything I'll ever need to learn. I know I have a lot to learn, from a lot of people, and I intend to learn a lot. I know I have not saved the world, but I hope that with my service to my country after I graduate, I'll be able to at least do my small part in saving the rights and freedoms of my country, and those who live in it.

You had the opportunity to simply post up and say "Kid, I was being sarcastic, get over it." And I would have done that, and apologized to you for taking what you said out of context, But you chose not to do this. You chose to be the jerk that everyone in this thread tried to tell me you were not. Congratulations on proving me right. You claim I'm making all of these presumptions, when in fact you are the one presuming to know everything about me, and are being proven wrong each and every time.

And don't worry, I'm not about to run away from this community because of one person like you. There are many other people on here who make it an enjoyable place to be, and hopefully I'll get to herf it up with them in the future, and get to know them even better.

I don't presume or make assumptions. I make inferences. I'm very rarely wrong and I stand by my post.

Doc.

I don't presume or make assumptions. I make inferences. I'm very rarely wrong and I stand by my post.

Doc.

Then enjoy your life of ignorant bliss.

Goodbye. (From this thread, not the forums!) (Thanks for the heads up Doc! A genuine thank you, I'm not being a smartass.)

Cheese and rice J-Rod, way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Your first assertion in this thread:

Snow tires are only absolutely necessary if snow plows don't exist in your city/town,

was not correct as snow plows can often make the road more treacherous and slick and snow tires certainly help with all kinds of cars in these instances. Doc questioned why you would make a claim such as that with only 8 or so winters under your belt. He busts balls, I bust balls, this place is full of people that bust balls and I wouldn't trade those people for the best people on Earth. ;) :D You're right in not making this your swan song and sticking around. You won't regret it. But for cryin' out loud, lose the defensive nature and bust some balls along the way yourself. Life is too short.

I drove a big wheel down my snowy driveway when I was 4 years old and gave myself a hernia. I'm the only true snow driving expert in this thread and all assumptions should be directed at me for approval.:D

I use these, as the beefier Nokians don't fit with fenders on my winter bike

Oh, you guys drive in the winter?

Typically I just use all seasons on my car throughout the year and get through the season with very little problems. Last year was the first time I used an alternate set of Blizzaks and they were great to have. Could have done without them but it was nice to have on the really bad days. The Audi is AWD so it isn't a huge issue but the blizzaks for sure increased traction on the hills on the slick days.

I got a full set of hardly used blizzaks mountain nice wheels for 375 on a local classifieds so I would check there first before paying retail. When I was in the market a few months ago for A/S tires Les Schwab had a great deal at more than $200 cheaper than everywhere else. Not a high performance tire but not bad.

Also J-Rod, chill buddy.... :thumbs:

First time you stop, at an uphill sloped intersection, and the light turns green, and all you do is spin, you'll wish you had snow tires. :0