• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling All Padron Fans!

madurotrout

Padron Fan
I have thought about starting this thread for a while, and I think January 1st would be the perfect day to start a thread where Padron Fans can discuss and share their love for their favorite cigar. I considered adding to the 64/26 Reference thread, but decided against it. I did not want to hijack an existing thread, and wanted more of a thread where Padron Fans could post their pics and thoughts around their favorite brand. I look forward to your upcoming posts.

Cheers!

JD

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11906]
This is the first pic I posted to CP this past summer. I was working in the yard/garden this summer and took a pic of my 5000 Maduro resting on an old antique metal milk can. I have painted the can "fire engine red" and have it standing in a mulched area. The top makes a good cigar holder while working outside.

I attended a Padron Event at the Humidour Cigar Shoppe in Cockeysville, MD last month and had the pleasure of meeting the man himself.  I was a little in awe.  I picked up the FR 50 and he was nice enough to sign my box.  

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12315]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12314]

Yes. I am holding the cigar box upside down. Just a little embarrassing...

Nice, I'll smoke one and add to the thread shortly....

Pardon never lets me down. Over the holidays I took a nice little day trip to Little Havana in Miami, FL. Had a great time and started at the best cigar joint down there, Padron. I highly recommend it, just be aware that they only sell boxes. No singles. But they are all at retail prices. And they do sell little 4 packs of 2000s and 3000s. I went with the natural 3000 as I did not have the cash with me to buy a box of 64s torpedoes. Although looking back, I wish I would have. Here are some photos of my trip and some other shops on 8th street. I would say Padron was the best stop, and then little Havana cigar was the next best. The rest of the shops did not interest me and were more for tourists.
3009d869950f4dee683fff82b40c6f50.jpg

3a93818c79b7598f9e5ca8ea0441686d.jpg
b352b81273c0b6cc48d1b49d10043292.jpg
22ba07ae6753d7882a3e40f4d0f1a8b9.jpg
d8ba47814f6fb116e0f683c94d9d1ff1.jpg
0b212caffc3c9790177d477a2a03284b.jpg
a705d74567980034a3157863ce60632e.jpg
c238aee11d5fb65c9c8eb5786dddcf5d.jpg
d442fbbd927a1cf2af52899d5a5cb845.jpg
77785a373c8c20d47f5a369561a89af4.jpg

My favorite has always been the 4000 maduro and the churchill maduro or natural.  The 26 torpedo is for special occasions and has, like all the other Padrons been near perfect.

I used to say I have never had a poorly constructed or bad Padron of any kind.  That changed last night.  I was driving back from a family vacation to Seaside Fl and could not take a picture, but since I was driving.  I am expressing my disappointment in the Padron Family Reserve #50 natural here, sorry.  As I said, I have never, until last night met a Padron of any kind, which was disappointing in any way.  But the one I had yesterday had a stem which was sticking out from the ash about 3/4 of an inch and the ash was blowing all over me, not firm at all.  The wrapper was cracky after the light and developed an odd tissue paper texture, even though it had been properly humidified.  The wrapper seemed to me to be very thin and not pliable.  The flavor was flat and thin and not at all like any other Padron I have smoked.  When I looked at my shirt and pants and they were covered with bits of ash that continuously flew off of the cigar, in small pieces not in chunks.  I smoked a couple of other Padrons during the trip, churchills, and they were great.  I suppose I was expecting a bit more from Family Reserve #50 natural.  The cigar was either from a trade on the board or from my neighbor across the street for Christmas as we exchange a little gift each Christmas so I trust that it was real.

Great pics modo22. Visiting their headquarters is definitely on my list of things to do. I am not sure when it will happen. My trips to Florida are usually centered around visiting family in Sarasota or taking my daughter to Disney. How long were you at Padron? What was your favorite part in visiting their shop? Were you able to sit and enjoy one of sticks you purchased?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck golfgar. Was that your first 50? Would hate for that to have been your first impression. I have had two. The first was at the Padron Event, and I was not overly impressed. I bought into all the hype and build up surrounding the cigar, and expected it to knock my socks off. The real issue with that smoke is that it probably just arrived for the event, and had not acclimated itself from the trip. I had another one for New Year's, and enjoyed it much better. I was Wowed with the second.

madurotrout said:
Sorry to hear about your bad luck golfgar. Was that your first 50? Would hate for that to have been your first impression. I have had two. The first was at the Padron Event, and I was not overly impressed. I bought into all the hype and build up surrounding the cigar, and expected it to knock my socks off. The real issue with that smoke is that it probably just arrived for the event, and had not acclimated itself from the trip. I had another one for New Year's, and enjoyed it much better. I was Wowed with the second.
I had one other a while back and thought it was fine, I would expect any $25+ cigar to have a certain WOW factor without any excuses wouldn't you?

golfgar said:
I had one other a while back and thought it was fine, I would expect any $25+ cigar to have a certain WOW factor without any excuses wouldn't you?
Yes. I hear you. But...have you ever had "less than desirable" ROTT smokes? That aside...I am making excuses like a defense attorney. If this was the case, they should have had them there earlier so things like this would not occur. End of story.

golfgar said:

....exactly.  

I was a long term Padron smoker, usually had half a dozen boxes in the cabinet.  Things unfortunately seem to have changed, and I'm sorry to see it.  Reat Ironpeddler's post in this thread....much food for thought:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/76729-padron-50th-anniversary-singles/

Ben great pictures of your visit to Miami & Padron

madurotrout said:
Great pics modo22. Visiting their headquarters is definitely on my list of things to do. I am not sure when it will happen. My trips to Florida are usually centered around visiting family in Sarasota or taking my daughter to Disney. How long were you at Padron? What was your favorite part in visiting their shop? Were you able to sit and enjoy one of sticks you purchased?

I was there just for one smoke.  Not too long as I was the only one in the smoking lounge.  But the workers were very welcoming and I just read the magazines they had available and relaxed in the comfy environment.  The mags they had out were some of the past CAs and other mags that Padron was featured in.  One was from 2005, I had to take a picture of a certain article because it was talking about the hottest and newest must have tech toys....a 55" HD television.....$7,500!!!!!!  HAHAHA  wow how things have changed in 10 years.

I think the best part about the shop was all the articles and history you could read all around the shop.  Also all the pictures of the old days.  It was worth the stop and worth the visit if you ever can.  But call ahead and make sure they are open as I was told, thankfully ahead of time, they are closed on the weekends.  I will go back, but with some funds saved up!

For the price of 5 of these sticks, I could have 29 or 32 fuente opus x angels share, IMHO a better use of funds.

CMontoya79 said:
For the price of 5 of these sticks, I could have 29 or 32 fuente opus x angels share, IMHO a better use of funds.

Just went to the local and bought a handful of angels share, the robusto, last ones they had left.  Can't wait to try one.

Which Padrons make up your regular rotation or lineup?

Corticos Maduro or Delicias Maduro are my yard cigars. Working in the garden. Watering in the evenings. Messing with the pool. Maybe a quick smoke on the way to work.

2000 Maduro is my ride home from work smoke.

3000 Maduro is my everyday every occasion smoke. Fishing, golfing, whatever life brings.

5000 Maduro or 64 Exclusivo are my enjoying life smokes. Not my every day smoke, but a stick I grab when I want to enjoy something good.

26 No. 9 Maduro or 64 Imperial Maduro are my holiday special occasion smokes.

What are yours?

I thought this was pretty cool to see how they interact with their employees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwMfIYUjSKY