• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling all Padron sluts!

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
I went by my local tobacconist today to browse. I know from past discussions that this place is one of the biggest Padron retailers in the country. They always have PAMs in stock, they get 'em about every 2 weeks. They've told me in the past that they sell some obscene # of Padron boxes each week.

Anyway..... After taking 2 of each (the limit) of all the PAMs they had in stock the guy says, 'Hey, I got something here...'. He hands me a small Padron Torpedo. It looks a little like the PAM Torpedo, but not as big, and its has a standard Padrom band. Of course my reaction was 'Wah?'. He tells me it is the not yet released Padron 6000. Padron sent them a couple of bundles to check out (bundles because they don't have the boxes made yet). He said they should start shipping at the end of August. As far he knows they are the only retailer to have them.

If there is interest I'll post some pictures later.

Oh - I forgot.. I'd says its 5 1/2ish by 50ish. Almost like they took a 3000 and turned it into a torp.

Interesting, you should hook up your other NYC CP brothers with this guy.

I have. They're all too lazy to go to Manhattan! :p

For anyone interested its the Barclay Rex on Lexington. Much better than all the other BRs and in my opinion the best shop in Manhattan.

Gator and I were just over at the Padron headquarters on Wednesday and Rudy Padron had told us about those. He said they won't be ready to ship till sometime after the RTDA next week.

Did you actually get a 6000? That would be really frickin' cool. Wait till I go tell the guys at the shop down here that Padron sent out some 6000's. If they don't have any they are gonna be pissed. He'll probably call Jorge Padron on his Nextel, LOL. He did that once in front of us to ask about when he was going to get more Anniversaries and I thought that was pretty funny.

Actually, I got three. :)

Here is one with some other sticks to show scale.

padrons.gif

$7.45

Bit high for a regular Padron. Not sure why, but I wasn't gonna argue. I guess it makes sense for this vitola to cost more.

other1 said:
$7.45

Bit high for a regular Padron. Not sure why, but I wasn't gonna argue. I guess it makes sense for this vitola to cost more.
Well, you figure the Magnum is $8 retail. This uses a lot less material than a magnum but it is a torpedo which is always more expensive I'm assuming because it is tougher to make. Under $8 would seem about right.

Will this be the first torp in the regular line? I've been looking for one, guess someone finally read my mind. :D

Don't know if its the first ever, but as far as I know it will be the only current one.

Nope. Still have two. One went to moki. Don't think he lit his up yet either. I kind of don't want to smoke them now. I might wait until the regular release to pick som eup and smoke 'em.

other1 said:
Nope. Still have two. One went to moki. Don't think he lit his up yet either. I kind of don't want to smoke them now. I might wait until the regular release to pick som eup and smoke 'em.
Crap, Moki forgot to thank you for that one -- thanks man! :D

No, I haven't torched it yet -- I imagine it'll be the same as the regular release... I'm told they are quite good!

I can call myself a Padron slut now as well.

I had the 64 Principe on Tuesday and it was quite an experience! Considering this amazing smoke was the same price as the AF DCs I love soo much; PAMs might now be my favorite cigar. The only other size the shop had in stock was the "Superior" and I just don't go for Lonsdales most of the time.

So when I run across an Imperial I will have to pick one up and an easier to find DC Robusto, and then mediate a face off between these 2 amazing cigars.

What struck me most about the PAM is how well it "smoked itself". My son woke up at the unfortunate time of about 1/2 way into the cigar. I had to go inside, change his diaper, wash hands, make him a bottle, take him upstairs and put on Blue's Clues, move the monitor into that room, and then go back downstairs and outside to the cigar - which was still smoking. The draw I took off of it was of bountiful flavorful and cool smoke.

Next time I smoke a PAM it will be on a full stomach though, I am suspect I turned green and know I was sweating. I certainly do now get why they get talked about here soo much though.

-Matt

Padron 6000.....drooooool....auggggghhhhh....cooooool, daddy like!!! :p

Course, daddy is just a slut in general!! :lookup:

Famous is now listing the 6000. $151 for a box of 24. They actually have 2 boxes in stock.

Back