• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out BSchmidt1981 ? Brian you need to speak up or pay up?

I looked at the previous years threads and couldn't find the evidence of him being late...must have been handled via group pm.

If he does rear his head...he needs to send his package to Ben since Ben covered his end of the deal.

Any major life issue is obviously a consideration...but a pattern of repeat behavior (if we can establish that) is also a consideration.

insight said:
Paul, any more info on this happening before?  If it is a pattern he should be considered for the list as a bad trader at minimum and a thief on the other extreme.  If he is delayed because of major life issues that should probably be a consideration as well - since Jake and Ben were most heavily impacted I leave it to them if they want to formally propose him for addition to the list now or feel that it isn't yet time.
Like Jake said I also dug through the last year's threads and found nothing. I belive it was in PM. I wish I had saved it!

Really? This guy knew he lost! Enough is enough. If he's in a ditch or some other horrifying personal crisis he gets a pass; if not.......to the list he goes!!!!!

So I found the thread where he was late. It was in a group PM for the pick em 2 years ago. Oddly enough, it was the one I won. We were all informed of the winners on Jan. 7 2013, He didn't respond in the thread until Jan. 17 and I received his end on Jan. 24. he apologised but gave no explanation. If someone tells me how, I can pull up the old conversation (3 pages so not cool to cut and paste). 

Has anyone found him on FB?  Did anything happen to him?  If he's just ignoring his obligations, then I say cut him lose and put him on the list.

I found him on FB Brandon, but he's got his page permissions tight. Basically there's little to see unless you are a friend.

bfreebern said:
Has anyone found him on FB?  Did anything happen to him?  If he's just ignoring his obligations, then I say cut him lose and put him on the list.

Tend to agree with TB on this.  I try to be very understanding of delays due to life issues and personally don't usually sweat some delay (just look at my passes...). That said, I have yet to find a reason why a PM/email/call can't be made to update people on the situation.  I would also hazard to guess that folks that know the sort of shit I have dealt with the last few years while still timely handling obligations like this will understand why my sympathy has a high pricetag.  This thread will serve as a formal nomination for the list, he has a week to offer up an explanation in his defense before the vote is taken (if anyone has contact info for him, now would be the time to use it).

Agree, Phil.  For the love of all things, how long does it take to make a post, send an e-mail or PM, saying "...I'm screwed, life got in the way, I won't let you down, I won't disappear, I'll ship in X days / weeks / whatever....."....and then follow through?  Or just set aside 30 mins and ship the damn sticks..?  Or find a brother to cover for you until you can get it together..?  

There are a million ways to be responsible....there are no real excuses here.

Something doesn't seem right about this one...and not in a good way. 

Hope I'm mistaken. 

BlindedByScience said:
Agree, Phil.  For the love of all things, how long does it take to make a post, send an e-mail or PM, saying "...I'm screwed, life got in the way, I won't let you down, I won't disappear, I'll ship in X days / weeks / whatever....."....and then follow through?  Or just set aside 30 mins and ship the damn sticks..?  Or find a brother to cover for you until you can get it together..?  

Very good points.  And as I think about it more I think that he was obviously aware he was in a pool of some sort and that it is over.  Not even showing up to see the outcome is as irresponsible as not paying an outcome you are aware of. 

Modo gave him a good length of time prior to posting this on the board.....now we have given him additional amount of time to reply and respond to this thread and/or come forward.  Nothing has done any good at this point and the scumbag list looks like it will gain a new member.

Brickhouse said:

Very good points.  And as I think about it more I think that he was obviously aware he was in a pool of some sort and that it is over.  Not even showing up to see the outcome is as irresponsible as not paying an outcome you are aware of. 

Modo gave him a good length of time prior to posting this on the board.....now we have given him additional amount of time to reply and respond to this thread and/or come forward.  Nothing has done any good at this point and the scumbag list looks like it will gain a new member.

As I posted earlier...here is a quote from him admitting defeat...he was more than aware of the outcome...

This was in the thread...

BSchmidt1981 said:
Shout out to Big Jake for the final game win!  You played it exactly as you should have.  I had intentions of picking Ohio State as I figured that what you were going to do.  Next thing I knew I was watching the kickoff at work...and kicking myself.  Nicely done.  Thanks again for running this.  I look forward to it every year.

I got his number I used last time and shot him a text. If he doesn't respond I'll try calling tomorrow.

wkoti said:
Scum...bag...
I speak from personal experience.
I was hoping to hear from you.  I know you two had met and or hung out before.

No response from text I call tomorrow. I was swamped all day.

I saw put him on the list, you guys have done the research and no response.

Dropping off for a month, he's either, really sick, hospitalized, in jail, or decided to either live like a hermit in seclusion or headed to Mexico, Canada, or Cuba. Hope he is ok and we find something out.

I've participated in all of the last 4 College Bowl Pickem's and I believe this is the first "no-show".  To me this is very unusual.  Brian's actions are disappointing, but the support from other members here is commendable.  Each year I play in the same bowl contest on other forums.  It's rare to get 100% compliance.  I few years ago, I was lucky enough to win the Pickem's contest on a pipe smoking forum; not one person held up his end of the wager. 
  You guys do a good job of policing your ranks.