• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can somebody spare a twisty tie for a garbage bag?

We use barbed wire here in the south LA, so nobody will want to open the bags while in the barn!

I have some OR Wonderbread twist ties that are a little yellow, but they're not cheap.

Okay, there is some funny chit in this thread, but you win!!! :laugh: ROFL!!

I cannot believe the amount of attention placed on the tie method here. What about the bag itself???

You realize that if you use a black trash bag, the sunlight encountered while transporting them to the garage could cause the temperature inside the bag to rise dramatically! This could ruin all your smokes! What if the bag rips while dragging it? Obviously more attention should be placed on the bag.

Personally, I'd use the Glad Forceflex white bags due to their extra strength, large capacity, ability to reflect heat AND they have a tie wrap built in!!

I cannot believe the amount of attention placed on the tie method here. What about the bag itself???

You realize that if you use a black trash bag, the sunlight encountered while transporting them to the garage could cause the temperature inside the bag to rise dramatically! This could ruin all your smokes! What if the bag rips while dragging it? Obviously more attention should be placed on the bag.

Personally, I'd use the Glad Forceflex white bags due to their extra strength, large capacity, ability to reflect heat AND they have a tie wrap built in!!
Good call... The newb that I am, I would of used the black bags because I thought it would bounce the sun and heat right off of it instead of letting it reach the sticks.

Where is he going to find such a good bag now?

I cannot believe the amount of attention placed on the tie method here. What about the bag itself??? You realize that if you use a black trash bag, the sunlight encountered while transporting them to the garage could cause the temperature inside the bag to rise dramatically! This could ruin all your smokes! What if the bag rips while dragging it? Obviously more attention should be placed on the bag. Personally, I'd use the Glad Forceflex white bags due to their extra strength, large capacity, ability to reflect heat AND they have a tie wrap built in!!

Group buy? I would like to get some of these bags you talk about. Do they have dividers like the five finger ones?

POISON TWISTY TIES

This is terrible news...........

From now on I will only fill my bags which require twisty ties half full and tie a knot in the bag.

Twist ties are for amateurs. Vacuum evacuate and thermally seal the bag.

POISON TWISTY TIES

This is terrible news...........

From now on I will only fill my bags which require twisty ties half full and tie a knot in the bag.

Now I know why my wife sends me to put the suet out on the tree. Handing me a handful of twisty ties to attach it and saying "you can never use too many twisty ties!!".

Brings new meaning to the phrase "kill two birds with one stone"....

:eek:

I have no twist ties.. but I do have bread tabs .. I have Green (Tuesday) and White (Friday).

I've got a rare red Monday from a limited edition batch of Thomas' English Muffins that I'd be willing to trade for your green Tuesday.

If you haven't had a Thomas' English Muffin before, do yourself a favor and track down a six-pack--they're well-worth the effort. In addition to being the first of their kind, they're by far the most crateriest EM you'll have this side of Shropshire.

I've got a rare red Monday from a limited edition batch of Thomas' English Muffins that I'd be willing to trade for your green Tuesday.

If you haven't had a Thomas' English Muffin before, do yourself a favor and track down a six-pack--they're well-worth the effort. In addition to being the first of their kind, they're by far the most crateriest EM you'll have this side of Shropshire.

They are fakes! All nooks and no crannies. :(

No way. Sure, I have twisty ties but one can never have too many. I really like twisty ties and caught a lot of shit over the years for keeping them - all of them; the extras in the garbage bags, the old ones off the bread sacks, the little black ones that come on the wires with new electronics. All of them. They're in a kitchen drawer. Not too long ago, the bakery at the grocery store where I shop stopped using twisty ties. Instead, they use this little POS scotch tape crap that you have to cut off by working the point of something sharp into the tiny vee formed between the twisted bread sack and the tape when it's stretched tight risking bodily injury and totally ruining the tape every time because once it's cut - the tape - there's nothing to like re-close the sack with. Unless you're prepared like me. I reach in my kitchen drawer take out a twisty tie and I fix that bread sack's little wagon. It still pisses me off that the bakery so short-sightedly instituted the inane tape policy because, hell I could run out of twisty ties and don't they realize that the damn tape cannot be re-used?? So, I recycle the twisty ties. And I keep them, for other things too, but mostly too replace the stupidass scotch tape. I might consider some kind of trade, maybe, but I'd have to have you send your end first. And, after you got your cigars all squared away in the barn or whatever I'd want the twisty ties back.

I heard somewhere there was a widget for everything...maybe not! :laugh:

I don't know why you are getting all worked up over nothing Andrew...Toss them all into the Radio Flyer and be done with it already.

I'm kinda newish to the whole twisty tie thing... can somebody suggest some good ones to get started with? thanx

I'm kinda newish to the whole twisty tie thing... can somebody suggest some good ones to get started with? thanx

Just go to your local fastener store and explain to the proprietor that you're new to fastening things and that you'd like them to help you with some selections. Any fastener store worth its salt will try to help you to find some good choices for you to try, and if they brush you off or aren't helpful, don't feel bad about going to another fastener store--I'm sure there's another fastener shop somewhere near you that would love your business.

There are also plenty of great BOTFs here on the forum that have fastener shops who would be glad to assist you.

Finally, check out the noob fastener trade. It's a great resource to meet a more experienced fastener from the forum who will hook you up with a whole variety of fastening options, and you can use that as a sort of jumping-off point for figuring out what types of fasteners you most enjoy. Just take it slow, don't get sucked into trying to track down all the rarest fastening devices right away, and make sure that you keep fastening for the right reasons.

One thing though--you should buy a bigger junk drawer right now. Your current drawer full of fasteners won't be able to shut after a few months around here...

Twist ties are for amateurs. Vacuum evacuate and thermally seal the bag.

Tom, you're so high-tech, and I love you for it.

How are you ever going to convert all of the FOGs to doing it your far superior way?

You should call Hefty's marketing exec and get some good ideas for making your new way have a trendier image than the old way.
I think if you put some flashy lights in your vacuum pack and powered it with batteries that you have to replace every 2 hours, it would work much much better. Or you could think of a really cool shaped box, like a the trunk of a Cadillac or something.

Andrew, if you want to transport to your barn and ensure that the cigars don't get ruined, go with the big brown leaf bags you get from Home Depot. They are made from recycled materials and you can use them afterwards to pick up leaves and fallen branches through out you property around the barn......... :D :sign: :p