• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Candela cigar review

Although this was due in April, I just got around to smoking my Graycliff Candela yesterday. I was a little offtrack, schedule-wise and then spent the whole month of May out of town.

At my local B&M, the per stick price is $18. Ouch! That's a pretty expensive cigar for me and I had high expectations. I manage to score a couple of 5'ers from Cbid for about $50 each.

Here's the prelight pic:
standard.jpg

It was a very nice looking cigar with a great band. The band was a little sticky, so I left it. I clipped the cigar and took a prelight drag. It was like sucking air through a straw...no resistance. It did have a nice, almost sweet hay-like flavor, so I put the fire to it.

It was easy to light and produced tons of smoke right from the very first puff. It was mild, but not without taste. Almost immediately, I could tell it would have burn problems. Here's a few pictures from early in the cigar:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

You can see the ash was having some trouble. I ended up doing the "cigarette roll" on it in the ashtray to keep the ash end trimmed and not falling off in my lap. The cigar burned too fast and developed several runs. It was either rolled to loose or way to dry. I stored it with the rest of my cigars and normally have problems with them being overhumidified, so I'm faulting the cigar for this issue.

I tried to smoke it slowly, but it was like smoking a sponge. I let it go out at the 1/3 point.

Overall, it was pretty disappointing. When you factor in the price, it was even more disappointing. I have 2 left and will smoke them at some point. If they are any different, I'll follow up here.

I'd be interested to see the rest of the reviews.....hint, hint!