• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Gold Robusto

joxxy

This is my first review. Of anything. Ever. I never would have thought I'd ever attempt a review, but for some reason, here I am typing away...

I am a big fan of CAO's Anny Extreme line, so while browsing the local shop a while back I saw the gold and thought I'd pick one up. I didn't research it before hand, or I probably wouldn't have.

Quite attractive with a paper smooth wrapper. The lightup was a cinch; the draw easy, but not loose. Just about a perfect burn. Solid A on construction. Otherwise, there wasn't much else going on. As I said in the topic heading, it was very mild and the only thing I could taste was a bit of toasted tobacco, to borrow a description from MRN. Maybe a little coffee, but i'd have to say that would have been the coffee I'm drinking with it. Some teryaki, maybe? No, that was dinner. Did I mention it was mild?

All in all, not an unpleasant experience. On the plus side, it was never bitter or harsh, even when I got it pretty hot. It was nice, but I like a little more complexity and oomph. If youre a fan of the milder stuff, or perhaps just new to cigars, I would recommend. Perhaps someone who prefers a milder cigar should review.

I smoked one too last week and I was quite surprised with how mild it was. I agree with you 100%. :thumbs:

Thanks for the review Jerry. I find these to be way too mild for my taste as well. I agree it is a great beginner's cigar though.

Thanks Jerry,

Being a fan of CAO myself I noticed them at a local shop and almost picked one up. Thanks for the review!

had two this weekend, my usual with a latte, although after trying some Padrons with coffee they are starting to take over. lol

I really like the nut flavors of the c.a.o. gold with my coffee. A great cigar to take for a walk too.

I too enjoy a stronger ceegar with more oomph but it's hard to beat a CAO Gold early in the morning with the morning coffee and the daily news paper. Thanks for the review and keep em' comin'..... :D :thumbs: :p

Back