• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Italia

I thoughgt this Cigar was very well made with a beautiful wrapper. But it tasted like ammonia and cigarette butts, not at all like the brazilia. I don't think I'll smoke this again, maybe in two years after the only other one I have has relaxed a little bit...now the new Cusano C10 is a fabulous cigar!

I just picked up the fiver and a hat deal this afternoon. I've got one of the Italias in dry storage, as the humidor in the shop was just barely on the wet side. I"ll smoke it Sunday evening.

For a comparison, I smoked a Brasilia a few hours ago. Don't know if the one I picked up a couple of months ago was still too young, but I hated it! :angry:

It was very bitter and just didn't taste right at all. It looked great and had a nice sheen to it, but I just couldn't get over the poor taste. I didn't even finish the thing. I got a little more than half done and left it.

Hopefully the Italia will treat me better.

The Brasilia was the first CAO I've had. I hope it isn't representative of the CAO line in general. :(

cigarsmoka said:
But it tasted like ammonia and cigarette butts, not at all like the brazilia. I don't think I'll smoke this again, maybe in two years after the only other one I have has relaxed a little bit...now the new Cusano C10 is a fabulous cigar!
My experince was completely unlike yours, this thing wa GOOD!. Did you get it from a smoke shop? How long did you let it sit? Just curious :D

Hungsolo's problem is that he keeps smoking lonsdales :D I like the Brazilia line a lot.

The Brazilia is made to smoke either the GOL or the Pirahna IMHO. I hear the annaconda is good, but I try not to smoke cigars that would be a better bed partner than me. Maybe that is also why HS buys the skinny ones? :sign:

I had an Italia yesterday and liked it a bunch. Although the flavor initially wasn't at rich as the Brazilia, the flavor seemed "zestier". Even if the cigar wasn't called Italia, it seems to have some Italian flair. The flavor became richer until the halfway mark and then started to taper off again. It became a bit better at about the 2/3 way mark so I tried to pinch it out (OUCH). I peeled off the wrapper and binder and the filler just took off burning. I think the cigar is a good worthwhile smoke now, and has potential to become great after sitting around for a year. We will see.

Matt

From all this great feedback I had to go out and pick up an Italia. Got one my local Tinder Box on my way home Friday night. I had enjoyed it this afternoon on the deck and it was very smooth. I was very pleased with the burn quality, smooth creamy taste and lack of bite. It was very mild, even my wife who doesn't like to smoke took a few puffs and said "It's really good, not harsh at all."

This cigar will have a home in my humidor.

cigarsmoka said:
I thoughgt this Cigar was very well made with a beautiful wrapper. But it tasted like ammonia and cigarette butts, not at all like the brazilia. I don't think I'll smoke this again, maybe in two years after the only other one I have has relaxed a little bit...now the new Cusano C10 is a fabulous cigar!
I would deff. give the Itiala another try , Ive had two that were great , draw , burn, and tons of flavor, then I had one out of the same box that was down right nasty, just got another 5 pack and going to try it again tonight .

txmatt said:
Although the flavor initially wasn't at rich as the Brazilia, the flavor seemed "zestier".
I know exactly what you mean. Had one last night with my brother-in-law and for the fourth straight time(that I've had an Italia) it started out with a peppery-spicy taste and then mellowed out very nicely. The wrapper is a nice, oily-sheen and my burn, for the first of four times, was a little uneven-but that was probably due to the fact that it wasn't allowed to settle for a bit in a humidor. Cano A. Ozgener really outdid himself on this one!. :D

I went by my local shop and picked up a CAO Italia in a torp. I have to echo most of the praise already spoken here about this stick. Overall, I liked it. Its not the strongest smoke, but has some good creamy flavors and a little bit of punch. Lots of nice smoke and a solid draw. I think I liked it better than the Brazilia which I seem to have a love-hate relationship with. When they're good, they're really good, but more often they're just okay.

I was curious whether anyone has found an online source for these? I was curious what the box price is and couldn't find an online retailer that has them for sale. I've check Holts, JR and a few others without success. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mojo

I haven't ordered from them in a while but their stick price is the same with what I pay at the local Tinderbox for em. So their box price is not terrible..pretty much MSRP from what I've seen for Ciao size.

Link to CAO Italia Ciao

Mojo said:
I went by my local shop and picked up a CAO Italia in a torp. I have to echo most of the praise already spoken here about this stick. Overall, I liked it. Its not the strongest smoke, but has some good creamy flavors and a little bit of punch. Lots of nice smoke and a solid draw. I think I liked it better than the Brazilia which I seem to have a love-hate relationship with. When they're good, they're really good, but more often they're just okay.

I was curious whether anyone has found an online source for these? I was curious what the box price is and couldn't find an online retailer that has them for sale. I've check Holts, JR and a few others without success. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mojo
here you goItalia

Bill

wam79 said:
Mojo said:
Here are some retailers which have a better price than CI

Piazza, 6 x 60, Natural 20 (Torpedo)

Store Link Qnty Price Shipping Total perCigar

SmokeAll 20 104.50 4.00 108.50 5.42
SmokeAll 4 21.50 4.00 25.50 6.38
2guyssmokeshop
20 129.99 5.99 135.98 6.80
Abner's World
20 133.95 6.00 139.95 7.00
Cigar.com
20 149.00 5.95 154.95 7.75

I have not personally purchased anything from these vendors so I cannot speak for their credibility. I hope this helps. :thumbs: