• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Italia

gr8full2day

FNG in Training
A friend of mine told me about a "new" CAO Italia. Dunno how new it is so I thought I'd try one. Picked up a fiver(Toro's) and a free hat for an afternoon of grilling at said buds house. It has a nice dark color to it, not quite like the MX2 of course. Very nice construction, good light, great draw, tons of smoke, and even had a wonderful taste..I can't really remember the subtlties of the ceegar, subtle isn' my forte anyway... :D ...This was a great cigar for the after dinner talking and watching kids playing and such...I would rate it an 86...Will definitely try these again..

Great Review Russell, I was thinkin' about pickin' up the same 5er and add the new cap to my collection of CAO hats...... :D :thumbs: :D

Where is the '5 pack with a cap' deal?
I haven't seen it yet...

Per the CAO SWAG area:

To commemorate the launch of CAO's eighth premium cigar line, CAO ITALIA, we proudly introduce the all-new CAO ITALIA Cap. Constructed of a durable wool-cotton blend, the CAO ITALIA Cap features a 3-D embroidered CAO logo, the CAO ITALIA 'crest' on the side, and painstaking attention to detail including an embossed CAO logo on the silver-plated clasp.

The CAO ITALIA Cap is a $20 value, however, it is available ONLY at participating retail tobacconists across the country and is FREE when you purchase (5) CAO ITALIA Cigars. CAO ITALIA Cigars and Caps begin shipping out the week of August 16 - to obtain your CAO ITALIA Cigars and Cap, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL RETAILER NOW!

:thumbs:

I just smoked one of these......WOW! Even better than the Brasilia :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

Picked up a fiver today. In addition to the cap they entered my name in a drawing for a CAO humidor.

gr8full2day said:
It has a nice dark color to it, not quite like the MX2 of course. Very nice construction, good light, great draw, tons of smoke, and even had a wonderful taste..I can't really remember the subtlties of the ceegar, subtle isn' my forte anyway... :D ...This was a great cigar for the after dinner talking and watching kids playing and such...I would rate it an 86...Will definitely try these again..
I had my first one last night, a torpedo. :D I experienced everything that you pointed out. The draw was just perfect, ditto your comments on the wrapper and basic construction of the cigar. I'd say it was a mild cigar with excellent flavor. Definitely a box buy if you can get 'em in stock long enough. It's been definitely worth the wait.

Got these about 2 weeks ago, had one the other day, not too bad.
Have to say I like the Brasilias, MX2s, and L'anni mad. better, but a good overall smoke.

Mine had a thick r.g, a little too mild to me, but it well w/ my chinese food for dinner.

P.S. the red hat w/ flag and white piping is very cool.

Brucifer said:
Where is the '5 pack with a cap' deal?
I haven't seen it yet...
I was told it was not to be offered on the net , In cigar shops only ???

I picked up a 5 pack on the net (with cap) had to call the shop to see if it was available, the only prob. is they only lasted about 2 days. Def. see a box purchase comming up, Great draw and lots of flavor , didnt even let them rest the two weeks like normal. :D

I need to try some of these. I love the Brazilia line. I just need to get some of these.

These are great cigars. Could use a bit of aging for a few months.

available locally in my shop. the hats are limited though they only sent 24 per store. (not sure how many are left.)

Ciao BOX OF 20 5.0 x 56 $5.85 per cigar
Gondola BOX OF 20 6.1 x 54 $7.00 per cigar
Piazza BOX OF 20 6.0 x 60 7-10 days $7.90 per cigar

prices include local taxes.

If you want me to pick some up send me a paypal for the amount plus 3.85 shipping.

paypal address: big100hd@adelphia.net
no CC orders please.

Frank

I broke down and bought the special at my local store. Buy 5 and get a free hat. Very nice hat. I gave it to my daughter. I will smoke the Italia tomorrow, when Kirk comes over. :thumbs:

I bought 3 ciao tonight. Thought it was a little mild but it had a decent coffee flavor to it. I had quite a few issues with uneven burning. I think they need to rest awhile, I think the shop just got em in. I like the mx2 better

Big100HD said:
These are great cigars. Could use a bit of aging for a few months.

available locally in my shop. the hats are limited though they only sent 24 per store. (not sure how many are left.)

Ciao BOX OF 20 5.0 x 56 $5.85
Gondola BOX OF 20 6.1 x 54 $7.00
Piazza BOX OF 20 6.0 x 60 7-10 days $7.90

prices include local taxes.

If you want me to pick some up send me a paypal for the amount plus 3.85 shipping.

paypal address: big100hd@adelphia.net
no CC orders please.

Frank
At $5.85 -$7.90 per box, that's a pretty good price.... :D :D :D ....I'll take a few boxes at that price...

I was given an Italia torp by a brother here. I was going to let it sit for a few months, but I was asked to give a review.

Pre light draw indicated an easy draw. Lots of smoke, maybe the draw was a little too easy. I like the lots of smoke part.

First flavor showed a young cigar. Nice tobacco taste, but a little rough/harsh. Nothing that a little aging wouldn't fix I think.

Stick burned a little inconsistently and required some touching up as it burned down, again, probably aging will help with that too.

Cigar never really developed a lot of unique character or anything special/remarkable. It was a good tasting smoke, on the mild side. When the harshness is aged out of it, it most likely would be too mild for me and anybody else who enjoys a stronger cigar.

If you like a stronger cigar, smoke these young. If you like em smooth and mild, buy a box and let them sit. For my money though, the Brazilia is my choice.

gr8full2day said:
At $5.85 -$7.90 per box, that's a pretty good price.... :D :D :D ....I'll take a few boxes at that price...
guess I have to pay attention to the copy and paste. ya I'd like to pick them up for that box price too. the price is per cigar. Thanks for pointing it out.

Big100HD said:
gr8full2day said:
guess I have to pay attention to the copy and paste. ya I'd like to pick them up for that box price too. the price is per cigar. Thanks for pointing it out.
There's a smart a$$ in every crowd!!!

I've not been a big fan of CAO in the past. I've tried at least one cigar from every line and out side of the Crillio's (good, but for the price, I'll have something else), I haven't been impressed. While on vacation in the Big Easy I found a box of Italia's, and being a sucker for the box, and the dark wrapper, I bought one, fully ready to toss it and smoke something else.

Man, was I in for a surprise. That's one very tastey cigar. Definately medium overall, but very very good. It's about time CAO live up the hype (to me, that is)! I can see having a box of these laying around. I could even see these going into regular rotation.

Who'd a thought? Me liking a CAO.

Nic

I smoked one Ciao, I got in a fiver from Big100HD...thanks again for picking them up.

Well constructed, though little hard to the touch along the stick.

Inital smoke was dark and slight spice on inital draw

Throughout it was an even burn, no relights required. Ash was mottled with dark spots, ash had a tendency to fall after about 1/2" of build up.

Very little amonia even down to the last 1"

Mild cigar that mellowed as it was smoked.

Overall...not bad....I still prefer the Brazilia lineup though.

But as with most things in life..I had to try it.

Worth the $5.85 per stick, I'd say so for a CAO.

Overall rating :D :D :D out of 5 :D

-P-