• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO odyssey ?

I've never seen one, although looking on the internet, I'd like to try one. Does your local shop have them? PM me with details please....

I tried one with two buddies 4 or 5 weeks ago. We all three had one, and of course i got the dud!! They both really liked theirs, but mine was not too goooodd! Comes in cool looking coffin, but other than that I was disappointed with the cigar...JM $.02..Find out for yourself, but I personally will not be trying any more...

I had one a little over a week ago. It was a good smoke but not good enough to warrant the $13 retail I paid for it. You can get them for $9 - $10 /stick by the box, and still not worth it.

If it was the same price as the Brazilia and Italia lines it would be good to rotate with them at that price point, otherwise get yourself something else.
Other $10 - $15 smokes Padron 64, 26 and Opus are better ways to spend that kind of cash.

If you are looking to try a new super premium consider La Aurora 100 Anos, I really liked the one I had last week.

-Matt-

txmatt said:
If you are looking to try a new super premium consider La Aurora 100 Anos, I really liked the one I had last week.

-Matt-
[snapback]160584[/snapback]​

That is a good smoke. I love it!

cvmfour said:
Aiz seemed to like it:

http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/archives/000223.html

His review always got me wanting to try one.
[snapback]160594[/snapback]​

Yeah, actually reading Aiz's review is what promted me to dig it out of the bottom of my coolidor and smoke it.

I simply suspect given the choice Aiz would take a $15 MSRP Opus or Padron instead. His description is quite accurate in describing the cigar's "kickass" aspects; he was also dead on about its lack of complexity, and this is where I fault it. An Opus carries almost the same power with worlds more complexity, and JdN '70 carries even more power with the same or slightly more complexity (however they do get more harsh if you don't smoke them SLOWLY). You can do 3 successive draws on the Odyssey and it won't get harsh, but I suspect a 4-5 year old JdN might behave the same.

I am glad I experienced the Odyssey, don't get me wrong however there are cigars I would prefer with its price of admission..

-Matt-

I think you got it right txmatt :thumbs: . Uber N/C are hard to come by in Aiz's country, that's why he gets so excited about an Opus or Anejo or any other rare cigar.

Anyone know where singles are sold at?

Thanks for the replies I have a really good price on them so maybe 1 box of ten and we'll see some floating around here for a while.

Well if a box is bought (which I am sure it will be) mark me down for two!

KayakinBoy said:
I've never seen one, although looking on the internet, I'd like to try one. Does your local shop have them? PM me with details please....
[snapback]160570[/snapback]​

They have them at a retailer near me in detroit, but they're $17.90 each... Damn michigan taxes...

Call this shop ->Click here<-
he has them in stock. I just don't remember the prices last time I had stopped in. He will shipp to ya.

jason

I have a CAO sampling coming up at my local smoke shop. I'll be picking up almost their entire line that day. So far they are one of my favorite cheaper smokes.

gtphale said:
Hmm probably less then 5 hours
[snapback]161345[/snapback]​

Mephiston, you're in the west side of the state right? I can get from Detroit to aurora in about 6 1/2 hours, from where you're at it can't be more than 3 hours....

Depending how you drive and all........

I seem to be in Aurora every few years, never lived there, but I keep getting dragged there for weddings and funerals....

micker said:
gtphale said:

Mephiston, you're in the west side of the state right? I can get from Detroit to aurora in about 6 1/2 hours, from where you're at it can't be more than 3 hours....

I seem to be in Aurora every few years, never lived there, but I keep getting dragged there for weddings and funerals....
[snapback]162055[/snapback]​

LOL, everytime I met up with my entire family it's for a funeral!

micker said:
gtphale said:

[snapback]162055[/snapback]​

Cool that sounds a little better.

Can I get a pm on that cao sampling? for some reason they seem to really be doing it for me right now.