• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carolina Blue Pass

I wish I didn't live apart from my cabinet humidor - then I could have participated! :(

Alas, each week I smoke, I take some cigars out of my cabinet, put it in my mini 20 count humi and bring them back to my tiny apartment.

.....and off we go! Should be to you by Friday Seth.

dc # 0103 8555 7493 1225 7977

Pass recieved. I will give it a look over, make my P&T's, and get it back out Monday.

Seth

Gary, you want to try to get together this week when you get it? That way we can keep it out of the hands of the PO a little longer.

Here is my first in pass contest. It's open to all members, one post, no editing, so get it right the first time.
PRIZE
A FIVER OF BOLI GOLD MEDALS
1/2 POUND OF DOI CHAANG SINGLE ESTATE DARK ROAST COFFEE

Each of us has the "smartest person I've ever met" somewhere in our lives, mine is my grandfather...Dr. Richard T. Jones. He graduated from Yale, got his Doctorate from M.I.T., served in the Navy, and retired from Mitre.This contest has to do with something that he's accomplished in his life. My Grandfather worked on something revolutionary for the Navy and you have to figure out what it was and answer a few questions about the ship it concerns. You have until next Sunday at 6pm EST or when someone gets the answers correct.

1) What was the name and number of this ship ?
2) What date was this ship launched ?
3) What date was this ship decommissioned?
4) Who broke the champagne bottle across her bow?

Now the hard one......
5) What was it that my Grandfather did for this particular ship?

One hint....
This ship is a National Historic Landmark.

Wow....no interest in free cigars or coffee? :(

Since this has generated so much interest already, I'll add a Padron Millenium Maduro to the prizepack if someone gets all the questions right.

Super Bowl

Giants 24, Pats 17

Your in pass competition is so easy #2, at least I make my competitions hard :sign:

Brian

Super Bowl

Giants 24, Pats 17

Your in pass competition is so easy #2, at least I make my competitions hard :sign:

Brian
I know, but if I give away too many hints it will become obvious. Guess I'll give one more.

The ship was a submarine.

Gary, you want to try to get together this week when you get it? That way we can keep it out of the hands of the PO a little longer.

Agreed. I've got your cell. I'll give you a call in a few days.

Gary

OK,I realize the initial questions were pretty damned hard so I'll list the hints in this post for help.

1) The ship was a submarine
2) This submarine is a historical National Landmark
3) This submarine was commissioned post World War II

These three hints should give you a good start but you will have to do a little research( I don't want to just give the prize away). I can't really give any more hints because then the sub will be known and the only thing you'll have to do is guess the part my Grandfather played in it.

You have until next Sunday at 6pm EST or when someone gets the answers correct.

1) What was the name and number of this ship ?
2) What date was this ship launched ?
3) What date was this ship decommissioned?
4) Who broke the champagne bottle across her bow?

Now the hard one......
5) What was it that my Grandfather did for this particular ship?

PM Sent....

The hard part of this contest ( to prevent those that copy someone else's hard work ) is I don't want a generalization of what my Grandfather did...i.e. he was a sailor on the sub. I want something specific and it's my call to decide if you are specific enough with your answer. You might be headed in the right direction, but if it's a broad spectrumed answer, I won't take it.