• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Top Cigars of the year

Swishers for #1! I would laugh my ass off if it is anything other than a Padron.

While I think it should go to the Padrons for #1, I'm thinking it'll be the LFD Salomon. With the Sig V being the highest rated Cuban of the year, I guess we can rule out the Cohiba GR.

I agree Is. I would bet the Padron #45 maduro however it just might be the Salomon. I like the Padron better however I have smoked more of the 45's. That is not to say that the LFD is not a choice cigar as it certainly is IMO.

Being newer to cigars I do not know if my insight matters much :whistling:

But I actually have enjoyed some of the non top 10s more from the 08 and 09 list. for some reason, 16-10 seems to have some of my favs from the last few years so I am excited to see what just missed the "top" 10.

Not only do I agree with Isy about the OWR making it in, but also the 601. Now do not get me wrong, I loved the 601 blue label, actually it was my first Pepin cigar that I smoked not even knowing anything about Pepin's labels. It turned me onto his lines and it was that cigar that has crafted my pallet to higher level brands. I did not start on Fuente cigars, I started on Pepins and Rockys. So it is kind of cool to see a cigar that I was smoking in March 09 and knew nothing about make the top ten list. IMP

Isy...while the LFD Salomon is a fine smoke, the Padron 45 is hard to beat for a 'right out of the box' top quality smoke.

I think the Salomon will get even better with a little time on it, but the Padron is on the money right now without any talk of "potential"...quality tobacco all the way around.

What about the Padron A? They reviewed that this year as well and gave it a 95. I agree with most though that the Padron 45th should be #1, the one that I smoked was amazing. I thought the 80th should have been #1 last year but I think they allowed the price to carry to much weight. I hope that's not the case this time.

And there you have it....Padron Family Reserve #45 is CA's Cigar of the Year!

Surely it will be the Padron. Just by default alone. There is no way the Padron would be out of the top ten.

Has there ever been a year that Padron didnt make the list?

Was there ever any serious doubt?

Congratulations to the Padrons.

If CA rates this #1, I'm gonna have to find me some.

Ok, I planned on finding some before this was #1, but now that CA has confirmed it........I'm all over them :sign:

Alot of you guys guessed it already but congrats to the No. 45 for making the CA Cigar of the Year!