• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Fuente in Vegas

Finally made it to Casa Fuente.

Now I know what all the fuss is about. While far from the coolest cigar bar I've ever been to, it certainly makes up for it with the on-premise selection of rare Fuentes.

I also now know what all the fuss about the Forbidden X line. I had a robusto (at price tag of $60 was best I could do) [if it had a special name - I seem to have forgotten it]. Frankly - I think it was one of the best cigars I've ever had (and most I've paid for single stick). Don't care if I over paid - it was tremendous (and I've never seen them for sale anywhere - so why not) [and don't tell the Mrs.].

3506324750_8c0d748987_o.jpg

My Fuente advisor (pictured below) (I am the goofy one holding the nub of my Forbiden X) knew her stuff. She's seen "my kind" before - asking all about ages/wrappers/etc and graciously [err patiently] answered all my questions. A few other notes:
- my take home cigars also include GOF Don Carlos, Hemingway Untold story maduro and their "house cigar" the Casa Fuente
- they had a Opus X size I hadn't heard of - the Love Story (size of Hemi Short Story/BTL) [for $50]
- they had five or six sizes of the Forbiden X - up to the BBMF for $125!!!

If I had unlimited funds I might have bought the Opus X black golf shirt for $85, but goodness.

If you go to Vegas - put it on your list to visit!!

John

3506324562_f5d6618092_o.jpg

Finally made it to Casa Fuente.

Now I know what all the fuss is about. While far from the coolest cigar bar I've ever been to, it certainly makes up for it with the on-premise selection of rare Fuentes.

I also now know what all the fuss about the Forbidden X line. I had a robusto (at price tag of $60 was best I could do) [if it had a special name - I seem to have forgotten it]. Frankly - I think it was one of the best cigars I've ever had (and most I've paid for single stick). Don't care if I over paid - it was tremendous (and I've never seen them for sale anywhere - so why not) [and don't tell the Mrs.].

3506324750_8c0d748987_o.jpg

My Fuente advisor (pictured below) (I am the goofy one holding the nub of my Forbiden X) knew her stuff. She's seen "my kind" before - asking all about ages/wrappers/etc and graciously [err patiently] answered all my questions. A few other notes:
- my take home cigars also include GOF Don Carlos, Hemingway Untold story maduro and their "house cigar" the Casa Fuente
- they had a Opus X size I hadn't heard of - the Love Story (size of Hemi Short Story/BTL) [for $50]
- they had five or six sizes of the Forbiden X - up to the BBMF for $125!!!

If I had unlimited funds I might have bought the Opus X black golf shirt for $85, but goodness.

If you go to Vegas - put it on your list to visit!!

John

3506324562_f5d6618092_o.jpg

Happy to hear you made it there, John, it is a good place to visit for sure!

I was there over the Valentine's Day weekend this year with my wife. Well actually I was there on Valentine's Day. Needless to sa the wife wasn't happy about hanging out there on that day. I did have a great time though.

I was there over the Valentine's Day weekend this year with my wife. Well actually I was there on Valentine's Day. Needless to sa the wife wasn't happy about hanging out there on that day. I did have a great time though.

Hilarious - almost as bad as me blowing the Mother's Day fund at Casa Fuente!

I'll be in LV (on business :( ) May 27th eve until May 30th morning.

If anyone is in the area, let's go look at the Casa and the servers and smoke some sticks. Unfortunately, my schedule is kind of minute-by-minute, but if there is a definate plan for one time, I can probably schedule it in.

I've said before, happiness is sitting on the patio of CF, puffing on a fine cigar, grinning at the tree huggers coming down the escalators.

I've said before, happiness is sitting on the patio of CF, puffing on a fine cigar, grinning at the tree huggers coming down the escalators.
I found that particularly gratifying as well...but I found myself getting quite lightheaded due to me trying to blow my cigar smoke towards them trying to elicit a frown ;)

If anyone is in the area, let's go look at the Casa and the servers and smoke some sticks. Unfortunately, my schedule is kind of minute-by-minute, but if there is a definate plan for one time, I can probably schedule it in.

Chris,

Give me a call when you get into town on Wednesday and we'll see if we can get together. You might need a relaxing smoke after the trip in. :thumbs:

Chris,

Give me a call when you get into town on Wednesday and we'll see if we can get together. You might need a relaxing smoke after the trip in. :thumbs:

I would love to meet you guys and have a smoke. I am going to pick up an ashtray for a CP botl and this is the perfect excuse to go back to CF. If you guys will post the schedule I will try to attend. Dr. Marneous may want to go as well.

PJ

Chris,

I would love to meet you guys and have a smoke. I am going to pick up an ashtray for a CP botl and this is the perfect excuse to go back to CF. If you guys will post the schedule I will try to attend. Dr. Marneous may want to go as well.

PJ

The plan right now is Wed evening, probably starting around 8pm. Feel free to stop by.

Well we missed Dr. Marneaus but it was nice to get together last night for a quick smoke. Our thoughts go out to Dan (DesertRat) for a quick and speedy recovery for your wife. :thumbs:

Man, the wait staff at CF is easy on the eyes. :D
I hope we can get together again the first of June as the OP suggested!!!!!

PJ

Really sorry I couldn't make it guys!

I got stuck at work a little late, then on my way home a buddy had car troubles and i had to go to the rescue. I was looking forward to a Mojito and a smoke too...I haven't had a good cigar in weeks.

Please, keep me updated for future events.

Well we missed Dr. Marneaus but it was nice to get together last night for a quick smoke. Our thoughts go out to Dan (DesertRat) for a quick and speedy recovery for your wife. :thumbs:

PJ

Thanks PJ, Was great to meet you and your wife as well as Chris (bimmer) and his co-workers. Sorry you couldn't make it out Doc, maybe next time. I'm supposed to be back July 19-26 but a lot of that will depend on my wife's health. After that my next trip will be over labor day weekend.

Had a great time last night. I hung around for another mojito after you all left and smoked that Sancho you gave me. Tasty!

It was a slow night on the strip, I only got propositioned twice on the walk back to the condo. :D

Danny

PJ

Thanks PJ, Was great to meet you and your wife as well as Chris (bimmer) and his co-workers. Sorry you couldn't make it out Doc, maybe next time. I'm supposed to be back July 19-26 but a lot of that will depend on my wife's health. After that my next trip will be over labor day weekend.

Had a great time last night. I hung around for another mojito after you all left and smoked that Sancho you gave me. Tasty!

It was a slow night on the strip, I only got propositioned twice on the walk back to the condo. :D

Danny
I really like those Sancho Panzas. :thumbs: Yummy!
You didn't really walk from there to Tahiti did you???? :whistling:

Kim and I are trying to plan a trip to Vegas in the next month, and I told her I don't care where we stay I just want to spend a few hours at Casa Fuente and have a cigar and a drink. Just to say I was there and get a few souvenirs too of course.

Kim and I are trying to plan a trip to Vegas in the next month, and I told her I don't care where we stay I just want to spend a few hours at Casa Fuente and have a cigar and a drink. Just to say I was there and get a few souvenirs too of course.

Don't forget to say hello to Alicia. :rolleyes: