• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

casademalahato.com

When ever you find a new vendor you have never used a post to members asking if any one has ever
used this vendor before would be the way to go.

Actually it would not be the way to go. No discussion of sources is allowed in these forums. It is clearly spelled out in many places.

I would advise taking things like this to PM and even then, good luck to you. The trust it takes for many people to give a source is a commodity that is earned only through time and contribution here. While asking for advice on a source you have found may be a little different, I think a newbie may still have some trouble getting much info. Especially right now when there seems to be eyes and people running their mouths all over the place with their "look at what I just bought" posts.

I believe Emmo was referring to using PM's!

I do agree with you Alan, some members are reluctant to comment on sources in PM's. I can't understand why, you are not asking for a source, simply confirming credibility - we are here to help each other, right?

Regardless, this makes no difference to us in the US because we do not partake in the devil brew served up by the ISOM. However, the rest of the world should note that Rod has sponsors. These I believe are select vendors that can be trusted or Rod would not have them displayed on CP.

Brian

When ever you find a new vendor you have never used a post to members asking if any one has ever
used this vendor before would be the way to go.

Actually it would not be the way to go. No discussion of sources is allowed in these forums. It is clearly spelled out in many places.

I would advise taking things like this to PM and even then, good luck to you. The trust it takes for many people to give a source is a commodity that is earned only through time and contribution here. While asking for advice on a source you have found may be a little different, I think a newbie may still have some trouble getting much info. Especially right now when there seems to be eyes and people running their mouths all over the place with their "look at what I just bought" posts.

I believe Emmo was referring to using PM's!
I certainly hope so, but that's not the way it was written. Easily confused, I am. :D

I do agree with you Alan, some members are reluctant to comment on sources in PM's. I can't understand why, you are not asking for a source, simply confirming credibility - we are here to help each other, right?
I agree we're here to help. However, I understand some member's reluctance. After all, how do they know whether the question is coming from a legit BOTL or someone with nefarious intentions? I know that if I ever dealt in embargoed goods I would be VERY discreet and not really willing to discuss it with someone who just PMed me about whether or not I've actually bought them. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Of course I've never purchased anything I wasn't supposed to (unless you count the 6 pack I bought when I was 17 :D ), so I have no experience from which to speak.

Regardless, this makes no difference to us in the US because we do not partake in the devil brew served up by the ISOM. However, the rest of the world should note that Rod has sponsors. These I believe are select vendors that can be trusted or Rod would not have them displayed on CP.

Brian

You know, that's one thing I don't get. The ads are practically on EVERY page of the forum. How hard is it to look at the ads and understand that these guys might be OK? Maybe it's the misunderstanding of how this place works. Obviously (to those who have paid attention here for even a short time), a person is not going to be steered to a POS dealer by our gracious host. I guess it's just easier to not think about it and just have someone tell you outright and make the decision for you. :(

I'm still amazed that even with the warning Rod posted and the letters people have received that there are so many people that are not able to legally purchase Cuban goods flaunting the very fact that they are committing federal crimes! Cripes!

[/quote] I didn't say I *knowingly* paid $100 more than I needed to. All of my learning came after this purchase. Cravat emptor huh? :)

Mistakenly overpaying is one thing...
but this dude wears cravats! :sign:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll be visiting my sister in Victoria, B.C. in October. I should check out this store in person and see if they're dealing in fakes.

Zeeb, looking to get some more VIs? LOL

I agree with Wilkey, scammers should be outed.

I'll be visiting my sister in Victoria, B.C. in October. I should check out this store in person and see if they're dealing in fakes.

Like you could tell... :sign:

BUUUUUUUURN!!!!! :laugh:

Bastige.

You too!

:sign:

Fake smuggler!

And you!

Seriously though, living in Canada I dont' see how they could ship cigars "duty free". I checked their price on some Cohibas and it's quite a bit lower then it should be listed for in Canada due to our ridiculous taxes. I wonder if they only ship out cigars at that price but in store they cost the real Canadian prices. I will definately have to walk in there and see what's going on.

I checked our Habanos Canadian website. These guys are NOT listed as official retailers.

You saw what I posted above on page one bro, why don't you send Habanos an Email and let them know whats going on...

Like you could tell... :sign:

BUUUUUUUURN!!!!! :laugh:

Bastige.

You too!

:sign:

Fake smuggler!

And you!

Ohmigod! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the quick cheer-up. :thumbs:

Wilkey