• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cats in the garden

Outside of just gettin' a dog, I recall my grandpappy years ago used to pour ammonia in the areas where those damn cats were gettin'. Seems to have worked.

Got a dog, this is my front yard and I cant let my dog run around my front yard at night. I will look into the ammonia thing but I would think that it would kill the plants.

I guess a white-picket fence type of deal is out of the question...

Yeah, we cant have fences in our front yards. Damn rules!!!

See 'Pigeon' thread!

:whistling:

See 'Pigeon' thread!

beat me too it!

Not trying to sound rude but besides shooting them there is nothing in common. The pigeon is in a gutter, the mole is underground and the cat is in a garden.

The supersonic, quadraphonic, master-blaster feline scattering device others have linked to above sounds like it would be the best bet.

The supersonic, quadraphonic, master-blaster feline scattering device others have linked to above sounds like it would be the best bet.

I think I am going to order one and see how it does. Hopefully it works on these cats.

Outside of just gettin' a dog, I recall my grandpappy years ago used to pour ammonia in the areas where those damn cats were gettin'. Seems to have worked.

Got a dog, this is my front yard and I cant let my dog run around my front yard at night. I will look into the ammonia thing but I would think that it would kill the plants.

I guess a white-picket fence type of deal is out of the question...

Yeah, we cant have fences in our front yards. Damn rules!!!

See 'Pigeon' thread!

See 'Pigeon' thread!

beat me too it!

Not trying to sound rude but besides shooting them there is nothing in common. The pigeon is in a gutter, the mole is underground and the cat is in a garden.

As if this thread was not Harry Chapin enough already, I think this set it firmly over the top.

Besides, everyone knows the cat's in the cradle...

Call animal control, many consider cats a pest, and will remove them if you embellish the story a bit... like maybe one scratched your child. If they are a neighbors pet, then maybe some friendly words will convince them to do something before they die from "buckshot allergy"!

I've never heard of the fox urine thing, but that stuff is RANK! I have some as a hunting cover scent... GROSS ???

Call animal control, many consider cats a pest, and will remove them if you embellish the story a bit... like maybe one scratched your child. If they are a neighbors pet, then maybe some friendly words will convince them to do something before they die from "buckshot allergy"!

That's not an embellishment, but rather an outright lie (at least, as far as I know). I would not advise on doing that to anyone, let alone a governmental entity, quasi or otherwise.

I've never heard of the fox urine thing, but that stuff is RANK! I have some as a hunting cover scent... GROSS ???

Did that. They send out a letter in the neighborhood a few days before telling people to get their cats indoors. Needless to say they brought them in. PLUS the catcher was a a@@hat and wouldnt put the trap where the cats are the problem. He would only put them on the side of my house.

The neighbors know that everyone is pissed at them and I have been pretty vocal about it. They wont even look at me now. They can see my house from their front window, otherwise I would have already shot them.

We used cayenne pepper in our garden when we lived in town. We went to our local warehouse store and bought the gigantic container of it. We sprinkled it all over the mulch pretty liberally. You do have to reapply it after rain, but it was inexpensive, didn't cause permanent damage to the cats, and it worked. After a couple of snoot fulls of that stuff, the cats never came back.

Now that I live in the country I just shoot whatever I have to. It's much faster, much cheaper, and much more effective in the long run. I know all of my neighbors pets and would never shoot them, but any unknown critter gets a taste of lead of some sort.

Try this mate

Pussy Pie.

Ingredients:
3 Cats or 8 Cat breasts
1lb rump steak
Seasoned flour and some oil
4oz chopped bacon or ham
salt and pepper
8oz flaky pastry
1 and 1/2 pints good stock
1 tsp Worcester sauce
Chop the meat into small pieces and brown.
Then fill the pastry with all the ingredients, Top with pastry top and bake for 2 hours at 350 deg F

Hope this helps you mate :whistling:

That's not an embellishment, but rather an outright lie (at least, as far as I know). I would not advise on doing that to anyone, let alone a governmental entity, quasi or otherwise.

especially considering the Governmental entity has never lied to anyone ;)

How about a nice car-ride for the offending feline(s)? cats have been known to run away!

Try this mate

Pussy Pie.

Ingredients:
3 Cats or 8 Cat breasts
1lb rump steak
Seasoned flour and some oil
4oz chopped bacon or ham
salt and pepper
8oz flaky pastry
1 and 1/2 pints good stock
1 tsp Worcester sauce
Chop the meat into small pieces and brown.
Then fill the pastry with all the ingredients, Top with pastry top and bake for 2 hours at 350 deg F

Hope this helps you mate :whistling:

Proudly, over the years, I have had more than my share of pussy pie. Never have I been resigned to add anything to it. It's always been damn near perfect as is/was. ;)

Bill, would you please stay out of his garden. He asked nicely. :sign:

Real Asprin (like bayer) wrapped in some sliced turkey. 4 or 5 days tops, and the kitty will never be in your garden again.

It goes well with scotch :)

Proudly, over the years, I have had more than my share of pussy pie. Never have I been resigned to add anything to it. It's always been damn near perfect as is/was. ;)

Try the Cat Stop. Kind of funny if you actually get to see them react the first time they come around. :laugh:
Cat Stop Linky

Thread JACK: John is tha chick Frenching her Chihuahua?? I see tounge!! That's worse than your damn midget fetish! :whistling: Wait Chihuahuas ARE midget dogs! now I see where you're comming from. :)
Resume
Thread JACK OVER :laugh:

As for the Kitty problem:
I vote for the Claymore but since it may damage your beautiful garden I'd go with the John's Kitty Away. In CA I used Coyote Urine (bought in a local garden center) & a pest gun. In most areas cats are considered ferral animals and technically can be "disposed of" unless there is a specific law for domesticated cats. The other option, gross though it may be, is to gather as much of the offending material one day and re-deposit on the neighbor's doorstep with or with out a note. :0

AND as for Anvil's recipe -
Don't ya know man it don't need no seasoning, that's why I learned to breath through my ears! :sign: ;)