• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chatroom removed

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Due to the increase of internet scum/hackers, I have uninstalled FlashChat. FlashChat had way too many security issues, and would allow hackers to send SPAM from our server. I will be looking for an alternative, however for now the chatroom has been removed.

:( Internet scum always ruin it for the good guys like us looking to waste time at work.

there's got to be an off site chat service we could use?

there's got to be an off site chat service we could use?

Yes, I'm looking into a few different solutions. I'm not hosting it this time, it will be hosted via a 3rd party server.

Bummer. I really enjoyed the chatroom. Well, I look forward to your solution, Rod. Keeping CP safe and secure is by far the top priority.

Wilkey

there is always google chat as a temp chat, or IRC, ICQ, AIM

That's too bad, but I'm sure it's the right thing to do.

Looking forward to a solution :thumbs:

The Live Chat Room link at the top of the page now works.

Not being able to see who is online is bad... I always jumped in the chat room when I saw a few brothers in there in the "Whos online" link at the bottom. Now everytime I click on the top link no one is in there. :(

Still working on a more permanent solution. These people who write the chat scripts are pretty flakey. I agree about the "who's online", and I'm doing my best to implement something like that.

Have you considered Ventrillo or Teamspeak?

They are voice and/or text chat programs. Server costs are pretty low and you can have quite a few users on.

They are popular with online gamers and such.

Everyone would have to download the software to their computer and configure. It is pretty easy, but can be challenging for the technical impaired amonng us.

Teamspeak

Ventrilo

there is a chat room, although not an 'official' Cigar Pass one... I set one up on my website until Rod gets his act together (just kidding!) and gets the official one online soon

TEMP chat room

I can promise you that it will not have anyone on unless there is a 'TOP' or a rply in the thread so people notice it...