• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Choosing a wedding cigar

Post party pics? sure I will.

Some great ideas here, I'd hate to see an ashtray full of 1/4 smoked ISOM's.

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
Since I'm not serving "2-Buck Chuck" but premium wines that are selected to pair perfectly with the menu I think it would be better to go with a higher quality cigar selection as well.

One of the things I get the most enjoyment from is sharing with friends and family something that is a cut above from what they are used to enjoying. Not necessarily more expensive, because I don't believe that better quality always comes with a higher price, but is a high quality item that may be overlooked by many. Especially when they think that what they've been enjoying, for as long as they can remember, is the "best thing out there". I can't tell you how many times I've served a food, wine, or cigar, where the first thing out their mouth is "this is the best I've EVER had!". That is truly enjoyable to me.

[snapback]179477[/snapback]​

Sorry, just a thought. :X

I'd say a box of small size flavored cigars for the ladies...then maybe a little variety for everyone else...agreeing with a previous post...some cheaper for those who have never smoked, then some that those who love to smoke that they would appreciate :) just my $.02

Hell, this night is all about you and the wife to be. :thumbs:

Make some one else bring the cigars :p and tell them you want a box of Siglo I's and a box of Siglo III's. :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Hell, this night is all about you and the wife to be. :thumbs:

Make some one else bring the cigars :p and tell them you want a box of Siglo I's and a box of Siglo III's. :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Damn straight! That's the idea!

A small selection is best. But, if you put out a selection, put out information cards for each type of cigar so the less experienced won't feel uneasy about picking one. You want everyone to have fun and be easy going, not uptight or self-conscious.

BTW, unless your fiancee has already expressed joy at kissing you and being intimate after you've smoked a cigar, I'd recommend you not have one at the reception. Or just make sure she drinks a lot of the wine so she won't notice the maduro mouth.

For my wedding cigar I will be having a Hoyo Particulares EL. Our Bridal Suite has a large balcony :) I will have Upmann Mag46's for my close friends that smoke cigars and machine made habanos for anyone else that would like a cigar.

first off, congrats! Here's my suggestion! For the people who don't smoke much-Padron Fumas...they taste great and are cheap...for the real smokers among your wedding people, Monte#2's...you just can't go wrong with these...or with PAM's either for that matter. Once again, congratulations.

What kind of wines are you planning on serving. I had an Ashton VSG Robusto recently which went very nicely with a Casillero Del Diablo Merlot.

Once again thanks to wk_mang! :D

What kind of wines are you planning on serving.  I had an Ashton VSG Robusto recently which went very nicely with a Casillero Del Diablo Merlot.

Our plans are to do a wine tasting reception so there really is no to limit our wine selection. Of course, most of our selections will be paired with the food so that does help the selection process. To further emphasize our "wine tasting" idea to our guests we're handing out wine glasses as wedding favors :D .

So far it looks like we'll be serving 2003 DeRose Negrette and Hollywood Red, 2002 Story Winery Picnic Hill Zinfandel, 2002 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel, 2002 Lucia Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2003 Michael-David Symphony, and N/V Cristalino Rose Cava. These will probably be our main wines and then we'll toss in a few random bottles of Sea Smoke, Pisoni, Roar, Loring, A.P. Vin, Siduri, Radio Coteau, Turley, David Bruce, Novy and whatever else the cellar will give up.

Some great ideas here: information cards, checking with the fiancee :rolleyes: , Siglo's (no volunteers as of yet but I'm adding them to the registry :D ), flavored cigars (good way to get rid of those Acids), mild smokes, limited selection.

Ya know......far be it for me to be presumptive, but all this talk of your big day and I still haven't seen any invites being extended....particularly to a fellow homeboy :whistling:

Where's the bachelor party? :D :D :D

Sounds like K-boys idea about the Fumas was a good one, I hope I didn't offend you John. After considering the thought of non-cigar lovers tossing out a great cigar because they just don't get it :0 . Are the Fumas a milder cigar?, I just don't remember if I've ever had one.

I think I'm most worried about those follks that will want join in but aren't really cigar smokers and won't enjoy a full bodied smoke.

Edit: forget it

Update:
15 days before the big day and so far I have boxes of RyJ Reserve Maduro, RASCC and AF Cuban Belicoso. Also tossing in an assortment of milder and flavored sticks.

Looks like your all set on the cigar front. Good luck on the rest of the preparations. And oh by the way I didn't get my invitation! ;) Congrats to the both of you on your special day :D

Shouldn't there be a box of something else listed there too?

NorCalCigarLover said:
Update:
15 days before the big day and so far I have boxes of RyJ Reserve Maduro, RASCC and AF Cuban Belicoso. Also tossing in an assortment of milder and flavored sticks.

[snapback]186080[/snapback]​

NorCalCigarLover said:
Update:

congradulations to you and the future mrs. norcal. what kind of wine will paired with your cigar selections? take care, and good luck!

AVB said:
Shouldn't there be a box of something else listed there too?

NorCalCigarLover said:
Update:

[snapback]186100[/snapback]​

Oh of course not :laugh:
That goes in his "personal stash" next to his Boones collection :rolleyes:

Boones Farm collection ...... funny boy BD, now put down that bottle of Jose Cuero Mixto :0 :laugh: :laugh:

The box of something else is ageing in the refrigidor ;)

The main wine list has turned into something like this: N/V Cristalino Rose Cava, 2003 DeRose Negrette, DeRose #7 Hollywood Red, 2003 DeRose Viogner, 2003 Josef Leitz Rüdesheimer Drachenstein "Dragonstone" Riesling, 2003 Rosenblum Richard Sauret Paso Robles Zinfandel, 2003 Bonny Doon "Ca' del Solo" Big House Pink. We're still looking for a quality lower priced Pinot Noir to add to the main list.

To this list we'll add some individuals from the cellar: 2002 Pisoni Pinot Noir, 2002 Roar Rosellas Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2003 APVin Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2002 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel, 2002 Lucia Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2003 Loring Cargasacchi Vinyard Pinot, 2002 Sea Smoke Botella Pinot Noir, 1999 Roederer L'Ermitage Rose.