• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas Blends

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
I'm a fan of the Christmas blends and really enjoyed last years Boswell Christmas Cookie. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I should try?

:cool:

I am waiting on my latest purchases of the McCelland Christmas Cheer 09 and 07... heard both were pretty nice

McClelland's Christmas Cheer. I've had the 09 and it's really really good. I hear the 07 is absolutely fantastic after a couple years age, if you can get it.

I also just got a tin of Samuel Gawith's Christmas blend, but I haven't tried it yet.

edit: OOOPS! Didn't realize I was still in my Santa hat. :blush:

Oh, well - who better to comment on Christmas baccy?? HOHOHO!

Boswell's has a new one out this year called Pom Holiday. It's a pomegranate aromatic. Might be good, might be bad.

My standbys are Christmas Cookie and the McClelland Christmas Cheer from the previous year. In fact, I just finished a bowl of Christmas Cheer '08. It was very nice, but it's getting fuggin' cold out there. :0

Boswell's has a new one out this year called Pom Holiday. It's a pomegranate aromatic. Might be good, might be bad.

My standbys are Christmas Cookie and the McClelland Christmas Cheer from the previous year. In fact, I just finished a bowl of Christmas Cheer '08. It was very nice, but it's getting fuggin' cold out there. :0

:0 What! I pictured you as one of those old fashioned guys Alan. Sitting around the fire in your favorite chair, wearing a smoking jacket, puffing on the pipe while the missus brings you your slippers.

You have to go outside in the cold Minnesota air...........Say it aint so! :laugh:

...puffing on the pipe while the missus brings you your slippers.

I must be picking the wrong women...nobody's ever brought me slippers. I happen to hate slippers but that's not the point. Somebody should have offered.

:0 What! I pictured you as one of those old fashioned guys Alan. Sitting around the fire in your favorite chair, wearing a smoking jacket, puffing on the pipe while the missus brings you your slippers.

You have to go outside in the cold Minnesota air...........Say it aint so! :laugh:
Out of courtesy to TheWife(c) and TheKids(c), I smoke in the garage. I've been trying to get heat out there for about 5 years, but something always comes up wen it comes to TheKids(c) or another part of the house. They come first.

I do occasionally have a pipe in the house, but it's very rare. Usually that happens in January or February when it's -20* or so.

If I asked TheWife(c) to fetch my slippers, I'd probably end up wearing them as a suppository. :laugh: She is kind enough to cook a meal and grab me a beer every once in awhile and she does let me live here, so I got that going for me, which is nice. :D

I love Christmas Cheer. The 09 is fantastic. If you can find 07 go for it, Im debating on opening one of my three tins of it. I think i might closer to christmas. lol

I love Christmas Cheer. The 09 is fantastic. If you can find 07 go for it, Im debating on opening one of my three tins of it. I think i might closer to christmas. lol
I prefer the '08 to either the '07 or the '09. I was glad I got some to cellar for down the road. I have some '05 I didn't like much, though.

I prefer the '08 to either the '07 or the '09. I was glad I got some to cellar for down the road. I have some '05 I didn't like much, though.

The '08 really is quite lovely, isn't it? I wish I had gotten more than the few tins I bought. :( Oh well. Let's hope '09 continues the tradition. I'll find out next year. :)

Okay, a little Christmas Cheer 09 it is ....... now, let's see if I can find it.

cool.gif

I just got a tin from PipesandCigars.com - great customer service there too.

edit to add: This was my 666th post...
unsure.gif

just got my tin of 2007 Christmas Cheer and 2009 Christmas Cheer.. gonna crack them open this weekend to smoke in he shed with Ngetal, Sotl1977 and T-ster

Just a quick aside. Christmas Cheer is a straight VA. A lot of times people go looking for a Christmas blend and think that they are all aromatics to be smoked around the house while people drink egg nog and that sort of thing. Christmas Cheer is Excellent Tobacco but the room note, while not the burning gym socks of a big latakia blend, certainly won't make any friends either. CC also requires good smoking technique, so it's not as plug and play as a well crafted non goopy aromatic.

I saw a guy pitch a fit on ASP when he bought a tin of CC thinking it would be like Holiday Spirit or Christmas Cookie, and got this massive ketchup tongue bite sweet acrid bomb...

The '08 really is quite lovely, isn't it? I wish I had gotten more than the few tins I bought. :( Oh well. Let's hope '09 continues the tradition. I'll find out next year. :)
I got my '08 cellar stash from JRs a bit over a month ago. Whether they still have some is anyone's guess; but, they do stock large amounts due to their large inventory in general. The don't specify the year of their Christmas Cheer on the site. A phone call of email may get an answer ...

Steve

Good evening fellas,

I recieved a sample of Boswell's "Christmas Cookie" from a buddy a week or 2 ago.
I smoked it all. It taste delicious.

I just ordered some more.
I realize I do not have the heavy Piping experience of some you you guys, But this stuff is really good to me.

Here is a link to a review I found. -- > Christmas Cookie

here is a link to the fine tobacco shop that blends and sells it. --> Boswells Tobacco :)

Have a good evening ..

Led
( Going to fill a bowl of GLPease "Union Square" for the first time.. ) LOL