• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas Eve Brew

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
So was wondering what my fellow brother will be enjoying tonight?

This is my lineup for tonight:

• Ichabod Ale 2008
  • Full Sail "21" - Anniversary Doppelbock
  • Santa's Butt
  • St. Bernardus Christamas Ale 2007
  • Gouden Carolus Noël / Christmas 2007

Yesterday went like this:

Surly Bender
Surly Furious
SurlyFest
and later at the corner bar (NE Mpls)
Surly Coffee Bender

Today, I think I'll go with Breckenridge's Christmas Ale, some more Bender, and maybe I'll break open a bottle of ABT 12 or a growler of Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery's O2 Stout.

I've got a Hair of the Dog Cherry Adam from the Wood warming up right now.
Cabernet with dinner tonight.

Sounds like you guys had some great beer! I am at the inlaws and they aren't drinkers so no beer for me for several days. :(

Pete, how was the Cherry Adam? Been wanting to try that one.

Last night was Hvedegoop, Homebrew DIPA, and then some of my buddy Ben's Homebrew Bourbon Porter.

Tonight we have some good Icewine lined up, and some Midnight Sun Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porters.

The real xmas beer celebration we had was an AK BA tasting on Friday. Scope the pics if you please...
http://grandoldtime.blogspot.com/

gotta scroll down to the "merry alemas and a happy hangover" section.

Sounds like you guys had some great beer! I am at the inlaws and they aren't drinkers so no beer for me for several days. :(

Pete, how was the Cherry Adam? Been wanting to try that one.

I was a little disappointed with the Cherry Adam. It had a really nice woody flavor and aroma, but it was pretty flat. The lack of carbonation made it a little syrupy IMO. I didn't really get a lot of cherry either. I got a Fred from the Wood in the same trade, and that was a top five of the year for me. Really complex and tasty.

I had a bottle of the Deschutes Black Butte XX that was great. Very smooth, despite being 11% and more complexity than I would have imagined. Thanks Jonas for the opportunity to try it :thumbs:

Westy 12
Belgium Holiday - Home brew
Young's Dbl Chocolate stout

all in excess, of course

Tim

That's when you do what I do and bring your own, my friend.

Oh I would have trust me. When I say they aren't drinkers, I meant to say they are ministers so there is no drinking ( or smoking for that matter) in or around their house.

That's when you do what I do and bring your own, my friend.

Oh I would have trust me. When I say they aren't drinkers, I meant to say they are ministers so there is no drinking ( or smoking for that matter) in or around their house.

You must be their favorite son-in-law! :laugh:

Back