• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficienado Top 10 is out....

No surprises on the Top 6 for me. I haven't smoked 7-10.

Padron 1926 #9 is the top cigar.

Some serious grade inflation going on...when's the last time there was a regular production cigar rated a 97?

It's their opinion and that's how I see it. Take 10 guys here, give them all the same cigars and you'll have 10 different top 10s. All subjective.

IMO the Vision was a good cigar. granted its not worth 15 a stick cigar but they arent rating it on its cost and like he said its subjective.

#8 kind of surprises me. I like the Excalibur line, but I'm not sure I would put it in my top 10. There are some interesting choices in that list. I might have to try a couple of those I haven't in the past.

Thanks for the link.

Wow, lots of torps/belis. Guess not liking them myself puts me in the minority?

I smoked #10 on NYE got half way through it and chucked it.

1-5 i can see and agree with, though id change 6-10 a bit. Thanks for the link, some of it was very surprising.

It looks like they like to put the newly released cigars in the top ten. Last year had a few also.

I can't see the CAO vision being better than a Esplendido...can you?

Top five look pretty good to me. I am not sure about the Oliva V just yet. I smoked a V series robusto last week and it was very Toranoesque for me, did not finish that one. I let it sit in the ash tray as I lit up an Opus.

Guess I need to try the pointy one :whistling: .

Wow, lots of torps/belis. Guess not liking them myself puts me in the minority?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Is there something about the tapered tip that makes the smoke taste better? Or do the reviewers just have small mouths? :whistling:

Thanks for the link. The top 5 are all great cigars, however the recent production run of the Padron and Opus is no better (IMO) than previous runs (still great cigars, though). I agree on the consus of 6-10. I guess it will be hard to find #9's this year.

Is there something about the tapered tip that makes the smoke taste better? Or do the reviewers just have small mouths? :whistling:

It takes a more skilled roller to role torpeados, perfectos, and other odd shaped cigars. The majority of the the time they smoke better and have less draw issues.

my .02 cents.

TJ

IMO, the Vision doesn't belong in the top 100 for taste. I guess the nice battery powered humidor made the difference. Hell, I smoked an Indian Tobac tonight that tastes better.

Kevin

All I will say is CAO spends a fortune on ad space in CA.........make your own conclusions

I'm sitting in my garage with the doors open smoking a 1926 # 9 from June 05 watching TV on my MacBook Pro via my Slingplayer...can you believe it, it's raining in San Diego!

Anyone have a Slingplayer? It was voted top 10 gadget for 2007, mind blowing...significant, seeing as the Padron #9 was also voted in the top 10.

Anyway, after the top 10 smokes were posted, I just had to break the #9 out, I haven't visited one for several months.

Is it a good smoke, hell yeah! Is it my top 10, No! So, as some of us have alluded to, taste is subjective!

Brian

It takes a more skilled roller to role torpeados, perfectos, and other odd shaped cigars. The majority of the the time they smoke better and have less draw issues.

my .02 cents.

TJ

I just got back from my local cigar store. After asking some questions and picking up a few new smokes, I asked why the Belis & Torps are considered to be so prime. The fellow helping me out said the exact same thing you did TJ.

But I still wonder... if it takes more skill to roll this shape, wouldn't that make the possibility of a "less than good" roll a higher probability?

Anyway, I picked up a Beli as one of my new smokes to try. I'll give 'er a whirl and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers,
Chris