• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 and a pretty cool thread jack.

That’s one of my favorite cigar things…. To find a cigar that’s awesome and cheap.
I remember way back when… Mayorga Coffee partnered with JR Cigar and had these Maduro Robustos that were about $1.50 a cigar. Surprisingly good for such a cheap cigar. Remember burning through a few boxes of those back in the day.
Remember when we used to discuss ad nauseam which Consuegra to buy?🤣

That's why I didn't want to get involved with the CP ratings thing Chad and Dan got going. I have a box of those San Cristobal Clasicos, and they are nice smokes for the money - I bought them because they were mentioned here in one of the older "everyday smokes" thread and they were pretty inexpensive. They might be around #19 on my list, but I don't have near the bench to call up that CA does. If they are deemed #19 in a worldwide, year-long list, then it just shows how cratered my palate must be.

I read the CA synopsis and it mentions being made by Ashton. Normally I'd think aha! Ashton surely drops a coin in the CA kitty, but then I don't see any other Ashtons on the list.
Jeff, Dan @CgarDan is a pretty sharp dude and if he is buying average $12 cigars I would assume these cigars are going to be pretty enjoyable.

We got 15 to do the ratings blind ( no knowledge of what you are smoking ) Did I miss anyone ?

1) @CigarStone
2) @Pugman1943
3) @CBoukal
4) @cabaiguan juan
5) @lherzolite
6) @Gavin
7) @JoeMO
8) @SKYDIVNEKD
9) @Nate1977
10) @H. Vachon
11) @drunkfish3
12) @cohibasurfer
13) @Le Primauguet
14) @Smokemorestressless
15) @thinde

I will start a new thread either today or tomorrow with everything outlined.

Would love to still get 1 or 2 more to do the rating with the knowledge of what they are smoking

We got 15 to do the ratings blind ( no knowledge of what you are smoking ) Did I miss anyone ?

1) @CigarStone
2) @Pugman1943
3) @CBoukal
4) @cabaiguan juan
5) @lherzolite
6) @Gavin
7) @JoeMO
8) @SKYDIVNEKD
9) @Nate1977
10) @H. Vachon
11) @drunkfish3
12) @cohibasurfer
13) @Le Primauguet
14) @Smokemorestressless
15) @thinde

Would love to still get 1 or 2 more to do the rating with the knowledge of what they are smoking

Dan, are you TIRED of typing yet?

Chuck, please tell me you know that Ashton is owned by Fuente, they got the coins. And personally, I don't like Ashton, but do Fuente ( certain ones ).

Yeah, my comment was suppose to allude to Ashton's advertising capability and how I would have expected that budget to get them somewhere North of #19.

Chuck, please tell me you know that Ashton is owned by Fuente, they got the coins. And personally, I don't like Ashton, but do Fuente ( certain ones ).
I believe that Ashton cigars is owned by the Levin family who owns Holt’s Cigars. They do contract with the Fuentes to make their cigars for them.

1) @CigarStone
2) @Pugman1943
3) @CBoukal
4) @cabaiguan juan
5) @lherzolite
6) @Gavin
7) @JoeMO
8) @SKYDIVNEKD
9) @Nate1977
10) @H. Vachon
11) @drunkfish3
12) @cohibasurfer
13) @Le Primauguet
14) @Smokemorestressless
15) @thinde

Well if this group ain't a bunch of floggin' mollies.

I believe that Ashton cigars is owned by the Levin family who owns Holt’s Cigars. They do contract with the Fuentes to make their cigars for them.

I stand corrected, but pugs don't stand well.