• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 and a pretty cool thread jack.

They fooled everyone!!! LOL

I am very confused.. I got an email from Smoke inn saying #1 cigar was the RP Sixty. Now when I go there it is an H Upmann #2 from Cuba...

I am very confused.. I got an email from Smoke inn saying #1 cigar was the RP Sixty. Now when I go there it is an H Upmann #2 from Cuba...
It was the #1 Non-Cuban, I guess you read as much of the email as I did 😂
D3BB6F4A-B14E-4905-B081-EE5CA56D232E.jpeg

And the total list is out.

That's why I didn't want to get involved with the CP ratings thing Chad and Dan got going. I have a box of those San Cristobal Clasicos, and they are nice smokes for the money - I bought them because they were mentioned here in one of the older "everyday smokes" thread and they were pretty inexpensive. They might be around #19 on my list, but I don't have near the bench to call up that CA does. If they are deemed #19 in a worldwide, year-long list, then it just shows how cratered my palate must be.

I read the CA synopsis and it mentions being made by Ashton. Normally I'd think aha! Ashton surely drops a coin in the CA kitty, but then I don't see any other Ashtons on the list.

That's why I didn't want to get involved with the CP ratings thing Chad and Dan got going. I have a box of those San Cristobal Clasicos, and they are nice smokes for the money - I bought them because they were mentioned here in one of the older "everyday smokes" thread and they were pretty inexpensive. They might be around #19 on my list, but I don't have near the bench to call up that CA does. If they are deemed #19 in a worldwide, year-long list, then it just shows how cratered my palate must be.

I read the CA synopsis and it mentions being made by Ashton. Normally I'd think aha! Ashton surely drops a coin in the CA kitty, but then I don't see any other Ashtons on the list.
This is exactly WHY you should join in our reindeer games. The sticks that Dan picks aren't going to be Gurkha's or anything. Dan will pick 5 sticks that are great sticks and could all be #1-#5 on anyone's list.

Everyone on this board (Even @jfields and @CigSid) have cigars that we bought because they are cheaper and a nice smoke. That's why I hate when someone says "what's your favorite cigar". I have a favorite for a time when:
I am looking for strength
I am looking for milder or to pair with coffee
I am looking to celebrate something
I am looking to gift to a casual cigar smoker
I am looking to gift to a BOTL
I am looking to save money

There are probably 6 more that aren't coming to mind this second. Jump in on Dan's rating thing. It will be fun and you might get a few new favorites.

This is exactly WHY you should join in our reindeer games. The sticks that Dan picks aren't going to be Gurkha's or anything. Dan will pick 5 sticks that are great sticks and could all be #1-#5 on anyone's list.

Everyone on this board (Even @jfields and @CigSid) have cigars that we bought because they are cheaper and a nice smoke. That's why I hate when someone says "what's your favorite cigar". I have a favorite for a time when:

There are probably 6 more that aren't coming to mind this second. Jump in on Dan's rating thing. It will be fun and you might get a few new favorites.
That’s one of my favorite cigar things…. To find a cigar that’s awesome and cheap.
I remember way back when… Mayorga Coffee partnered with JR Cigar and had these Maduro Robustos that were about $1.50 a cigar. Surprisingly good for such a cheap cigar. Remember burning through a few boxes of those back in the day.

Might as well try and win this for a buck huh?

You used the wrong link:

😉

Chuck, please tell me you know that Ashton is owned by Fuente, they got the coins. And personally, I don't like Ashton, but do Fuente ( certain ones ).

I would love to join if a newb would be allowed. My reviewing skills aren't great. But I enjoy sitting with a flavor wheel and seeing what I taste.

What timeframe would we have to do the reviews? I wouldn't want to be the slow one in the group?

Great idea, thank's for doing this.

Adam

Very well said Chad!