• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado's list of the best cigars of '08

El Triunfador Lancero

Thanks for the contest Isreal.

edit for spelling

Oh, and as for a guess...since Padron is sitting there in the number 2 spot...

I'm going to have to go with the Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria. Although I don't see the Juan Lopez cigar that scored so high in the top 10, so it could be that, but I will stick with the Tempus, Alec always had nice ad's in the magazine! :sign:

Edit to be specific about the vitola that scored well for Alec Bradley.

RP Decade Torpedo

I think this is what it will end up being, too. But just in case, I'll go withthe 3rd highest scoring smoke of the year (since the Padron 80th Maduro was even with the RP), the Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria.

Thanks for the contest, Isy!

Here's a link to the CA's best smokes of '08. They released only #s 2-10, with #1 being released tomorrow. Anyone want to take a guess on what the #1 will be? The winner will receive a blind premium 5er from me. If #1 turns out to be a NUB, I'll never read that magazine again. Good luck to everyone! One guess per person please.

edited to add: If multiple people guess the winner, the FIRST to post the winning cigar will win the contest.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_To...20,2008,00.html

I don't know Israel, how much did NUB advertise with them?

You are so right. That's what I'm afraid of. The #1 spot will go to someone like the NUB solely based on the ad revenue they've bought at CA.

thanks for the link...
I like to buy cigars for my husband
do you have any more suggestions?

I've been shopping on: www.gothamcigars.com

RP Decade Torpedo

I think this is what it will end up being, too. But just in case, I'll go withthe 3rd highest scoring smoke of the year (since the Padron 80th Maduro was even with the RP), the Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria.

Thanks for the contest, Isy!
I was seriously considering this, but I just don't see CA putting a non-established rookie brand at #1. You never know...Nonetheless I still need to try one.

thanks for the link...
I like to buy cigars for my husband
do you have any more suggestions?

I've been shopping on: www.gothamcigars.com

Sure! Be sure and check out www.uptowncigar.com
There's a dude over there named Israel who I'm sure can help you out!

(I couldn't resist)

Juan Lopez #2

Well someone beat me to it so I will go with a Cohiba Robusto.

Edited because someone beat me to the JL#2.

Isy,

I'm going to say Alec Bradley Tempus.

(note to self....I'd take an 80th any day of the week.) ;)

Art

**edit to add specific vitola Isy.

I will say the Tempus Magistri.

Isy,

I'm going to say Alec Bradley Tempus.

(note to self....I'd take an 80th any day of the week.) ;)

Art

Art,

Someone already guessed the Tempus. Check out the thread and guess a specific vitola in the Tempus line.