• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar and Beer Paring...

IngloriousBasterd

Hey everyone. Im a noob to this site and havent been smoking for long enough to know good parings of cigars with other things and im in a Pass on the website beeradvocate.com that includes Cigars along with the beers and i was wondeing if anyone could help me wth paring the beers I have up for trade on the site with good cigars that cost at least about 7-10 each (ones that I would hopefully be able to get at my local Tinder Box)

Here is a link to my gots (beers for trade) on BA: Gots List

Sorry my post looks like a spam mail kinda (LOL) just makin sure people can see where im comin from... Any help is muh apprecited.

Hmmmm, beer and cigars?

I have to tell you that I don't think the two go together very well at all. In my experience cigars marry best with sweet or smokey drinks. Sweet includes colas, iced tea and such. Smokey drinks would be your scotches and bourbons.

I have never found beer or wine to compliment the cigar.

Just my two cents but if i'm drinking beer I tend to pair that with food, not a cigar.

Cheers

I like Young's Double Chocolate Stout with a heavy cigar
with a lighter cigar Brooklyn monster beer.
There are many other great parings. I'm looking to get a few bottles of Alaskan Smoked Porter to pair up.

I tend not to pair beer with cigars often, but on the occassions that I do I find that I like a darker/heavier beer better.

Hey everyone. Im a noob to this site and havent been smoking for long enough to know good parings of cigars with other things and im in a Pass on the website beeradvocate.com that includes Cigars along with the beers and i was wondeing if anyone could help me wth paring the beers I have up for trade on the site with good cigars that cost at least about 7-10 each (ones that I would hopefully be able to get at my local Tinder Box)

Here is a link to my gots (beers for trade) on BA: Gots List

Sorry my post looks like a spam mail kinda (LOL) just makin sure people can see where im comin from... Any help is muh apprecited.

Form what you have on your list, there's only one beer that I have paired with a smoke. The Oaked Arrogant Bastard paired with an Ashton VSG. You should be able to find them at your local, towards the higher end of the price range you were looking for.

Hmmmm, beer and cigars?

I have to tell you that I don't think the two go together very well at all. In my experience cigars marry best with sweet or smokey drinks. Sweet includes colas, iced tea and such. Smokey drinks would be your scotches and bourbons.

Just my two cents but if i'm drinking beer I tend to pair that with food, not a cigar.

Cheers

What about stouts (Milk, RIS, etc.) or Porters. I have had alot of sweet beers and my fav sweet beers are Milk Stouts and Flavoured Porters.

Thanks for the Suggestions guys. Keep them comin if you can. Ill have to get that Oaked AB pairing...

What about stouts (Milk, RIS, etc.) or Porters. I have had alot of sweet beers and my fav sweet beers are Milk Stouts and Flavoured Porters.

Thanks for the Suggestions guys. Keep them comin if you can. Ill have to get that Oaked AB pairing...

I didn't see it on your list, but I think Young's Double Chocolate Stout was made specifically to go with a Padron Aniversario Maduro. That cigar will probably be priced higher than your range, depending on how your local is.

Hmmmm, beer and cigars?

Cheers

I agree as far as that I enjoy cigars with sweet and/or smokey drinks, however there are thousands of beers that fit one, if not both of those classifications. I drink beer almost exclusively with my cigars. I definitely lean towards big malty beers and try to avoid having cigars with anything hoppy, as the cigars just don't seem to stand up to them. I especially enjoy sungrown wrappers with a nice Dopplebock or BSDA, and maduro wrappers with a RIS or Baltic Porter.

I tend not to pair beer with cigars often, but on the occassions that I do I find that I like a darker/heavier beer better.

Guinness with a cigar is good to me.

Otherwise unless I'm on the golf course drinking beer, and smoking a "golf" (cheapy) I usually don't pair beer with a cigar.

Hmmmm, beer and cigars?

Cheers

Oh for God's sake! Utter blasphemy! Imperial stouts and strong Maduros go well together. Lighter, medium-mild cigars usually match well with wine(Cabernet, zinfandel, Syrah) in my opinion. I recently had a Tatuaje Reserva A Uno with a Napa Cabernet and thought if was a good pairing.

And as for smoky drinks, A nice Alaskan smoked porter might fit the bill and match well with a variety of cigars.

Beer and a cigar beats soda and a cigar any day in pretty much any kind of pairing for me. Soda is more suited to certain kinds of pipe tobacco in my opinion.

Of course it's all a matter of one's tastes which have been known to vary.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

;)

I'm thinking Sam Adam's Cream stout with Bolivar CE. Goose Island Oatmeal stout with ERDM Supreme Choice. Of course as previously mentioned, Young's Double Chocolate with Padron 26/64. You might have noticed by now what kind of beer I drink.

I don't have any specific pairings, but I prefer a malty beer with a cigar. I've really been enjoying Baltic Porters like a Sinebrychoff.
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is a classic, but you need a strong cigar. Scotch ale like a MacEwan's, Celebrator Dopplebock, and Belgian Dubble and Dark Strong Ales are also great with cigars.

I'm a big beer guy, but I think my favorite drink with a cigar is a glass of port.

Guinness with a cigar is good to me.

Otherwise unless I'm on the golf course drinking beer, and smoking a "golf" (cheapy) I usually don't pair beer with a cigar.

A good Guinness or a Blue moon!! That says summer to me.

I love beers like Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Boulevard Dry Stout (Thanks Brent), Guiness, Stone Smoked Porter, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Bishops Finger.

Ones like Youngs, and Stone go great with those sweet, rich Maduro wrappers.
I find that the Brown Ales, Dry Stouts, and beers like Yuengling seem to go better with that fresh, or aged Cuban cigar.
That's just my opinion and preference though.

I'd also like to add that just like with cigars, my mood affects what I want to pair to drink with it. Sometimes I want any of the above, coffee, water, Rum, Diet Coke, or beer. I can pick a Porter one day that was awesome with the same cigar a week ago, and it does nothing for me the next time.

Would it be correct to say that this subject shows that beers do not so much pair with cigars as they do with situations?

A cheaper cigar on the golf course with a standard beer makes sense to me and I have enjoyed them together like that. (By Standard beer, I mean any of the big American varieties from Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc.);

A somewhat decent cigar on the beach while drinking a Dos Equis Amber does make for a good pairing on a hot summer day. Although I would think anyone drinking a Corona with a lime, Blue Moon or one of those new lime flavored Bud Lights would want an especially mild cigar to match;

Beer is more acceptable in some settings than liquor. I have been to many weddings, for example, when beer and wine was available but no liquor. At those events, a darker beer (Bass, Harp, Guinness, etc.) makes for a good match.

I do prefer bourbon or scotch but beer works for me. There are just some days and some occassions that call for beer. Generally the more full flavored the cigar, the more full flavored the beer!

I recently had a Harviestoun Ola Dubh Special Reserve 30, I was unable to smoke a cigar with it but it just screamed for something along the lines of a Padron 1964.

The beer is aged in scotch barrels and picks up some of the flavor, it is expensive but it was a really good beer. I picked up 1 more and a couple bottles of the cheaper Reserve 12 to try with a few cigars.