• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Band Table Project:

Send me your address as well. I will send you what I can over time. Not much in the Opus way of things, but certainly a variety.

My self I have started a cigar band catalog (more like a scrap book, but in a nicely covered book).

Can't wait to see the finished result.

Okay, last update for the week I promise, because I've got work all weekend...

It's moving along, and I was able to take the tape off of two sides:

05062009_1.jpg

05062009_2.jpg

Woo! Only problem is that the Opus bands keep curling up... If anyone has anymore Opus bands and regular bands, they are very much appreciated. I'm running low already!

Looking good bro,
I cant wait to come over and herf on that.
Don't get mad if I drop a Sumatra ash on that beauty :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Looking good bro,
Don't get mad if I drop a Sumatra ash on that beauty :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Oh, it'll be awesome. When I finish, I'll organize a herf, and all attending will have to drop their ash on the table!! It must be a requirement.

Looking good bro,

Oh, it'll be awesome. When I finish, I'll organize a herf, and all attending will have to drop their ash on the table!! It must be a requirement.

I'm in!

Nice looking project. Let me know if you need more bands

Your table looks awesome! I have been saving my bands as well for a future product. I haven't decided what exactly what I want to do yet. I've thought about a wall hanging. coffee table or even some kind of scrap book to serve as a conversation piece for friends to look at while enjoying some nice smokes. You've definitely inspired me. Can't wait to see pics of this when it is finished.

Jonathan, I finally found a purpose for my bands, I think you need them more than I do.

Just find a place for Kim's "Flavored" bands too..... :p

Honestly it's not much but I feel you should have them.

Jonathan, I finally found a purpose for my bands, I think you need them more than I do.

Just find a place for Kim's "Flavored" bands too
..... :p

Honestly it's not much but I feel you should have them.

Sam, I don't want to know.

Jonathan, I am working on more Opus Bands for you.

Your table is looking great. I've been glueing my bands to the joists in my shop. I've been using titebondII. No problem with the Opus bands coming up. When you are done I know of an epoxy you can pour over the top. it'll make a layer about 3/32" thick and be smooth as glass. Let me know if you are interested. :thumbs:

Looking nice Jon, I'm gonna do an end table in my man room the same way. Only problem is I almost never can get my bands off without them tearing?

Your table is looking great. I've been glueing my bands to the joists in my shop. I've been using titebondII. No problem with the Opus bands coming up. When you are done I know of an epoxy you can pour over the top. it'll make a layer about 3/32" thick and be smooth as glass. Let me know if you are interested. :thumbs:

I'd love a link please.

You need any more? I'm not sure if you're accepting donations, but I've got a few I can send your way.

It looks really great so far! I've wanted to do a project like this but I don't have anything to do it with, nor any place to use it, haha.

Glad you found the epoxy. What are you using to stick the bands down with? If it's contact cement, the epoxy might give you some problems. I would try a small amount on a test piece before you coat the whole thing.