• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Boxes

That was what I was thinking.

I actually saw one at a cigar shop in San Jose once. The guy who was making them lined the wooden box with brass, cut out cigar rests and lined them with brass as well. He then put a piano hinge on the lid and attached a small brass chain to keep the lid from opening a full 180 degrees. Very nice looking (and I am sure my description is nto doing it justice) and I am thinking of giving it a try myself. The trick is of course cutting the brass (1/16 in thick) and bending it to fit the cut out cigar rest. Other than that it should be a fairly easy project.

I would have just bought one but the guy wanted something like $180 bucks for it. It was nice but not THAT nice.

Holly shiznit it is awesome but I am with you! I will make it for that much! :D
Let me know how it works out J?

80_1.JPG

Saw this and thought it would look really cool in a smoking/ poker room :) I wonder how hard it would be to recreate something similar.

I've been thinking of using the front of the cigar boxes as wallpaper in my garage, of course it's taking a while to collect enough lids to do the back wall. Just an idea! :whistling:

Might want to use tops and bottoms in a checker board style. It would save half the space.
Mark

My wife is a jewelry designer. She uses cigar boxes to hold small parts. Once a year she attends a meeting where about a hundred other people go for a week of classes, and a good time. Towards the end they auction off donated stuff. I wind up giving her about a dozen boxes. Some from my smokes, others from friends and local cigar shops. These crazy people bid up the price of these empty boxes to a low of $20 to a high of $65. Those boxes with drawers, compartments, etc get the higher prices.
Peter