• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar burn issues!

Ok, so Ive been resting cigars for 1-2 months in 65 and 69 humidity. They will just keep tunneling. I heard from cigarsdaily that it is a construction issue due to lack of skilled rollers in Nicaragua, who knows if this is true, but pretty much all of my broadleaf and darker cigars have this issue and I can not for the love of god find the fix.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230331_152932.jpg
    thumbnail_20230331_152932.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 6
i had the same problem so i spread out the humidity packs. in the humidor one on the bottom and on the middle one. and i left it didnt open it for 4 days then it worked itself out. and if my last cigar was a bit hard like that. i would leave the cigar out for like 30-60min without the wrapped solved the case.

Ok, so Ive been resting cigars for 1-2 months in 65 and 69 humidity. They will just keep tunneling. I heard from cigarsdaily that it is a construction issue due to lack of skilled rollers in Nicaragua, who knows if this is true, but pretty much all of my broadleaf and darker cigars have this issue and I can not for the love of god find the fix.
weird i smoke majority nicaragua cigars and only problem i run into are that one side burn more i usually roll the cigars between my hands light pressure, so the wrapper does not crack that usually helps it a bit but never that it tunnels like yours do. from my personal experiance.

weird i smoke majority nicaragua cigars and only problem i run into are that one side burn more i usually roll the cigars between my hands light pressure, so the wrapper does not crack that usually helps it a bit but never that it tunnels like yours do. from my personal experiance.
I notice this happening as the weather cooled from 80-85 to 60-65. Some people say smoke cigars out in the snow with no tunneling so, Im guessing the cigar dealers are just playing a joke on me because on all of the brands from all the retailers, tunneling keeps happening. Tried dry boxing, tupperware for months, different humidities, and nothing works.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230331_171502.jpg
    thumbnail_20230331_171502.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3

You heard Tim say that in a YT video? About skilled rollers in Nicaragua?

None of this makes sense to me unless those cigars were severely dried out and then put into a humidified environment.

The center of the cigar is still dry as a popcorn fart, which is why it would tunnel?

None of this makes sense to me unless those cigars were severely dried out and then put into a humidified environment.

The center of the cigar is still dry as a popcorn fart, which is why it would tunnel?
it does not make sense to me either, I have been smoking for 3 years and never had tunneling issues. cigars come with boveda from retailers and I let them rest in several humidors and tupperware in different humidities for testing (65 and 69). They will tunnel no matter what, it is absolutely ridiculous.

that makes way more sense that they where dried out completly before they sold it to you

have you tried buying cigars from different places?

yes, in the after party about 2 weeks ago when someone had the same issue as me with a box of tabernacle

Yeah.. it's true. The gangs down there have been muscling into the burgeoning and profitable cigar industry. Nicaragua is not immune to the same issues the Central American countries are facing. It's all very messy right now.

That said, I don't think that's the real cause of your issues. There's certainly been an uptick in QC issues.. but not to the extent of what you're having. It would be a bigger topic here and in the trades.

What Jeff, @CigarStone, said seems more plausible and is also my experience from seeing people try to rehydrate forgotten cigars.

Yeah.. it's true. The gangs down there have been muscling into the burgeoning and profitable cigar industry. Nicaragua is not immune to the same issues the Central American countries are facing. It's all very messy right now.

That said, I don't think that's the real cause of your issues. There's certainly been an uptick in QC issues.. but not to the extent of what you're having. It would be a bigger topic here and in the trades.

What Jeff, @CigarStone, said seems more plausible and is also my experience from seeing people try to rehydrate forgotten cigars.
cigar mafia?

that makes way more sense that they where dried out completly before they sold it to you
but they're not. Ive bought from cigarsdaily, bestcigarprices, cigarking, smokeinn, famoussmoke. tunneling on all liga privadas, and tabernacles, despite vitolas and all varieties. it doesnt make sense other than the cigars are cool to the touch and after lighting up, the oily wrappers dont like burning so much

one thing I notice on cigars that tunnel is that sometimes it has cracks on the ash and black spots. dont know what this means.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230331_175615.jpg
    thumbnail_20230331_175615.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 4
but they're not. Ive bought from cigarsdaily, bestcigarprices, cigarking, smokeinn, famoussmoke. tunneling on all liga privadas, and tabernacles, despite vitolas and all varieties. it doesnt make sense other than the cigars are cool to the touch and after lighting up, the oily wrappers dont like burning so much
i smoked the same liga privadas t52 they burned a bit weird if i remembered but not like you say it but they where stored very long in a humidor before i smoke it. do you put a hydro pack in the box also?

If you believe the cigars you are receiving are in good condition, then the common denominator is somehow you.

Maybe you are puffing too hard, too often, or both?

Are you cutting too much off the head?

i smoked the same liga privadas t52 they burned a bit weird if i remembered but not like you say it but they where stored very long in a humidor before i smoke it. do you put a hydro pack in the box also?
I have this cabinet and is pretty reliable all over the shelves, if I open the door and humidity escapes, it humidifies back insanely quick. humidity oscillates by 2 degrees.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230309_210121.jpg
    thumbnail_20230309_210121.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7