• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar burn issues!

If you believe the cigars you are receiving are in good condition, then the common denominator is somehow you.

Maybe you are puffing too hard, too often, or both?

Are you cutting too much off the head?
You know what? you might be right. I have told my self to smoke slowly after lighting up or finding myself smoking too hard. It could be that by lighting up the perdomo style and given some ambient conditions where my house is pretty cool, the wrapper doesnt catch up to the tunneling that is already forming and is already too late when I lay it down and smoke slowly. I will give it a try right now by lighting up differently and take it slow.

You know what? you might be right. I have told my self to smoke slowly after lighting up or finding myself smoking too hard. It could be that by lighting up the perdomo style and given some ambient conditions where my house is pretty cool, the wrapper doesnt catch up to the tunneling that is already forming and is already too late when I lay it down and smoke slowly. I will give it a try right now by lighting up differently and take it slow.
Minor temperature changes shouldn't have any effect at all. We smoke in 20° weather and 100° weather.

cigar mafia?

More like thug opportunists. If you live in abject poverty and the main construction you're seeing in your small country are immaculate factories and plantations popping up.. that's gonna attract attention. A tobacco factory that gets overtaken by a gang in Nicaragua isn't gonna exactly make any headlines here.

We get all the Mexican cartels news here.. especially now with out of control fentanyl. General Cigar, and others, have had to hire out-of-country security for certain properties of their's. One thing is for sure about New World cigars.. their Western owners will put the required cash into protecting their operations.

All of us will simply pay for it as those costs are passed on. I haven't been back to Esteli since before covid. There's not an official travel ban there.. but there are travel warnings.. especially if you book your out-of-country travels through a good agency or organization.

I do almost all my travels through Amex.. and have been advised that Nicaragua and Honduras are not "travel recommended". While we all know about the huge issues at our own borders.. those are NOT all Mexican Nationals trying to get in.

In fact, every border crossing season now is less and less Mexican Nationals and more and more Central American Nationals. I said maybe a few weeks ago to expect a lot more cigars from countries like Paraguay.. which is far away from Central America.. it's even below Brazil, another country expanding more into tobacco production.

It's almost like tobacco whack-a-mole. Things get too bad in one place.. just move to another!

Minor temperature changes shouldn't have any effect at all. We smoke in 20° weather and 100° weather.
i smoke outside in -15 celcius no weird effect was present only a bit weird burn trust me i live in sweden. i agree to this statement

More like thug opportunists. If you live in abject poverty and the main construction you're seeing in your small country are immaculate factories and plantations popping up.. that's gonna attract attention. A tobacco factory that gets overtaken by a gang in Nicaragua isn't gonna exactly make any headlines here.

We get all the Mexican cartels news here.. especially now with out of control fentanyl. General Cigar, and others, have had to hire out-of-country security for certain properties of their's. One thing is for sure about New World cigars.. their Western owners will put the required cash into protecting their operations.

All of us will simply pay for it as those costs are passed on. I haven't been back to Esteli since before covid. There's not an official travel ban there.. but there are travel warnings.. especially if you book your out-of-country travels through a good agency or organization.

I do almost all my travels through Amex.. and have been advised that Nicaragua and Honduras are not "travel recommended". While we all know about the huge issues at our own borders.. those are NOT all Mexican Nationals trying to get in.

In fact, every border crossing season now is less and less Mexican Nationals and more and more Central American Nationals. I said maybe a few weeks ago to expect a lot more cigars from countries like Paraguay.. which is far away from Central America.. it's even below Brazil, another country expanding more into tobacco production.

It's almost like tobacco whack-a-mole. Things get too bad in one place.. just move to another!
damn me personally dont trust when they say dont travel here dont do this or that. been traveling to 3 world countries in europe no problem everyone is super nice. Just dont put yourself in dumb situations and you be fine most of the time.
Sad thats how the world works, as soon people smell money they gonna exploit it.
Man would be fun to take a month off and do a cigar tour in the world.

I am smoking right now to document this. I lighted it up with zippo (slow) and started smoking lightly. The burn died out completely very quick. Lighted up again, and took time. I found out I was taking puffs every 2 minutes. Coild that be the cause? smoking too slow?

I am smoking right now to document this. I lighted it up with zippo (slow) and started smoking lightly. The burn died out completely very quick. Lighted up again, and took time. I found out I was taking puffs every 2 minutes. Coild that be the cause? smoking too slow?
sounds like it i take a puff every 20-40 seconds

yes, and my body doesnt want to smoke fast. maybe my palate is too burnt and thats why I have slowed down over time.
have you tried aj fernandez good cigars that are not so tightly packed. for me the burn holds very well when you dont smoke fast.

havent tried those i mostly smoke the cameroon once. quality smoke
everything he does is golden. highly recommend the nw ct (pair with margaritas, best pairing ever), san lotano maduro and the enclave broadleaf.

I havent paired my breakfast juice with a cigar yet, maybe if I sneak in a little bit of vodka.. great idea
i would recommend debowa vodka propper oak vodka with no taste except a bit off sweetness in the end perfect with a cigar.

Smoke at -4° often, in snow and rain. No problems before. I can attest to👆
I believe you. I'm suspecting smoking too slow. I'll change my speed from puffing every 2 minutes to every minute. So far things have improved. I'll keep you updated.