• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar count?

About 30-35 in a 50 ct humidor with 2 humidors being seasoned and 150 cigars or so on the way!

sshangreaujr said:
About 30-35 in a 50 ct humidor with 2 humidors being seasoned and 150 cigars or so on the way!

Oh boy the cigar bug bit him. You better start looking for a bigger humidor already as it's only going to get worse!  ;)

I have one humidor less than yesterday. So I better order some more tonight? Stupid CBid!

Yeah cbid is killing me too. Just got several 10 count boxes and spent two hours trying to get them in. I am ready for my vacation next month though.

Light this! said:

Oh boy the cigar bug bit him. You better start looking for a bigger humidor already as it's only going to get worse!  ;)

I have a second 50 ct and a 125 ct just about ready.   Next step will be a coolidor. And, yes, I've been seriously bitten by the cigar bug. :) I've smoked them off and on over the years but I'm only a month or so in to serious cigar smoking.  So far so good.  I love it!

I now have 137 cigars in 3 humidors and 78 cigars on the way!  Had to make myself a spreadsheet to track my inventory.  How come nobody told me this awesome hobby would be so time consuming? :)

sshangreaujr said:
I now have 137 cigars in 3 humidors and 78 cigars on the way!  Had to make myself a spreadsheet to track my inventory.  How come nobody told me this awesome hobby would be so time consuming? :)
This is only the beginning! Just hang on for the the ride.[emoji3]

jvel79 said:

This is only the beginning! Just hang on for the the ride.[emoji3]

Well now I'm up to 153 and 70 on the way.  I'm really struggling with the whole concept of resting cigars.  I smoke the hell out of 'em (time permitting).  But, I accidentally did myself a big favor, so far as resting is concerned anyway,  by going haywire on Cigars International and putting together a fairly nice-sized inventory in a relatively short period of time.  In the near future, I will be smoking only relatively rested cigars.  Considering I received my first shipment of 20 cigars 2 days less than a month ago, I've made progress.  3 humis full!  I guess the key is to just keep buying more cigars than I smoke and the resting  will take care of itself and eventually turn into aging.  Also, I will be able to buy better, more expensive sticks because I already have a decent, resting inventory of good but not terribly expensive cigars.  Although I don't know much yet, most of the sticks I've bought are rated mid-80s or higher and/or have decent revies on various cigar sites.  Not sure how much that counts,  For all I know, I'm being taken for a ride.  Who knows?  Live and learn, I guess.  But I've enjoyed everything I've bought up til this point.  So far, I like 5 Vegas Series 'A' Apotheosis (Gordo), Gurkha Class Regent Torpedos, and Diesel Unholy Cocktail (torpedos) the best.  I like them well enough, completely unrested, from sampler packs that I ordered a box of each the 5 vegas and the Gurkhas.  I will eventually order a box of Diesel Unholy Cocktails, soon as I have room.  I have no idea where those cigars rank in the eyes of more experienced smokers or if CI are just wonderful salesman, but I really like them.

Funny story!  I had an unfortunate ephiphany a few days ago.  When I die (150 yrs or so from now if all goes as planned, :D ), I am going to have a beautiful cigar stash.  I sure hope there is somebody to pass them to that will hold them near and dear to their heart, take care of them, admire them, and most importantly, SMOKE them and replace them! 

Also, theorangemen sent me an awesome newbie sampler.  I haven't tried them yet, however.  They're such nice cigars that I amost hate to smoke them.  They're more expensive than the sticks I've picked out for myself so far and I am almost scared to fall in love with expensive cigars.  This hobby just maybe be my impending financial ruin, lol jk. 

Also, I've asked myself and read a little bit trying to decide how many cigars are enough to have on hand.  Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be, there is no such thing as enough cigars.  lol

I have about 350 in a cooler. Most still in sealed boxes.

sshangreaujr said:
Also, I've asked myself and read a little bit trying to decide how many cigars are enough to have on hand.  Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be, there is no such thing as enough cigars.  lol
I was searching for another thread when I came across this older one. What Sshangreaujr says about building a collection struck a cord with me. Seems that in rapid fashion I went from trying a couple of cigars, to buying and filling a small 40 stick humidor, to getting a Avallo humidor and ordering higher end NC and some CC sticks by the box. All in four months time and I still don't smoke more then a couple per week. I sure better still enjoy smoking them a few years from now, but I pretty sure I have about five years worth with a couple boxes more on the way.

Same story here....

Went from buying only at the B&M
Then I got a small 50ct humidor
Then I got a small cooler
Now I have a 120 qt cooler
Next I'll have....

It's definitely been a fun ride so far!

Wow, at least I don't feel alone!!!!!

Lol!

Went from a 100 count to two to three....to a small "built by me" cabinet to a very big "built by me" cabinet..... I am good for now, space whise....

Bought a fair share of CCs at first, then some NCs, and now will be looking into some larger size CCs....

Gianni

As time has passed I think I am down to about 350'ish, had to shut down my main humi due to few cigars in it to regulate it right. Soon it shal run again.

I have a big cedar chest, that I sealed and re-lined with Spanish cedar years ago. It is at capacity with boxes, then a Sam's Club desktop that is filled with regular rotation/five packs/new stuff I need to try. As long as I dont find another brand I'm crazy about in the near future, regular smoking/restocking with these 2 is more than adequate.