• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar is hard to stay lit. Hard draw.

andy1

I have encountered several cigars that burned poorly, to the point of barely drawing at all. I decided to do a rather uninformed autopsy of said cigars.

The one thing I noticed it that there were a couple of thick stems or midribs on some leaves. Kind off a thickness that reminds you of a mechanical pencil's lead (or a tad smaller). Could this play a part in the poor draw?

It seems to me that once rolled the thick midrib of the leaf would press against the rest of the more thin, evenly layered leaves creating somewhat of a clog by the additional bulk of the midrib.

Erroneous on my part. I realized that I posted in the wrong forum and then copyed and pasted the text into the proper forum. I just didn't remember the exact title of the original post.

Then I went to delete the original post that was in the wrong forum and my wife beckoned me to the other room where I had to watch "Ace of Cakes" with her. Which leads me to my current postion. "Ace of Cakes" is over and I am back to my spot in front of the computer with a glass of bourbon in hand and about to delete the original post!

Ace of Cakes huh?? I am currently using the computer AND watching the Biggest Loser with the wife. We had some applie pie while watching, not sure why but we always seem to eat some delicious snack foods while watching it! :laugh:

Threads aren't normally deleted, so this one with ramblings of Ace of Cakes and Biggest loser can sail off into the sunset while you other topic will live much longer and hopefully provide some answers! :thumbs:

Ace of Cakes? Sounds like some crazy skin flick. Where can I get a copy?

Anyways.......

if its burn and draw it might be a humidity issue. Try dryboxing or take the humidity down to 65%rh.