• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Lounge

MichiganM

Padron Whore Extraordinaire
My apartment does not allow smoking indoors. Seeing as how it is cold in this state more often than not that is a problem for me. When I was in the hobby before I could smoke indoors. Well, I seen a very nice shop up the road today that has a lounge in the back with humidor lockers. The only problem is it costs 400 a year (about 30 a month) to gain membership. In return you can smoke in the lounge, store cigars in your personalized locker, get discounts off of boxes and other member-only benefits. Does anyone on this board belong to such a group so that you have somewhere to smoke? What are your guys thoughts on that pricetag?

Jason

How does your apartment not allow you to smoke inside? It is your apartment, I have never heard of a law that tells you how to live in your own place.

In regards to your initial question, if the place was nice enough and was open enough hours of the day, I would think about joining.

Thanks for the reply Master. Well I live in a converted Victorian..a very large Victorian Home in downtown Ann Arbor, a very lively downtown. It's expensive to live here and I agreed to living here, but the landlord/owner exercises a strict no smoking policy. I agreed to this because at the time I had been out of the hobby for some time, but now that I'm getting back in I'm extremely pissed off that I moved in. Such is life. But if you think it's not a bad price then it must be competitive. I've seen other places charging 800 a year!!

Jason

Now I have heard it all, didn't know we were living in a communist country. Make sure you at least torch the place when you move out. lol

Sounds like the smoking lounge could be your savior. Go for it if the price is in your budget.

Haha Arson is illegal! :).

Thanks for the advice again. I mentioned this to the Michigan yahoo cigar group and another guy joined this particular establishment and had good things to say. From what I hear the price is not too high...very competitive in the field of private locker humidors. Thanks again.

Jason

One of these Cigar Clubs/lounges just opened near me. Currently the lounge is available for the price of a cigar. However, their intention is to make it a members only lounge in the future.

They have several membership plans $300 a year is the high end. It includes a Humidor & a cigar every month...etc. Membership details are on their site.

I've been considering a membership, in part, just to support the new business. I've spent a few hours there, all in all a good group of folks thus far. Any one else a member of one of these type clubs?

I was at the same place as Tim, and smoked there with him. I think it is a good investment. While i don't have they money, if I did i would definately join.

MichiganM said:
My apartment does not allow smoking indoors. Seeing as how it is cold in this state more often than not that is a problem for me. When I was in the hobby before I could smoke indoors. Well, I seen a very nice shop up the road today that has a lounge in the back with humidor lockers. The only problem is it costs 400 a year (about 30 a month) to gain membership. In return you can smoke in the lounge, store cigars in your personalized locker, get discounts off of boxes and other member-only benefits. Does anyone on this board belong to such a group so that you have somewhere to smoke? What are your guys thoughts on that pricetag?

Jason
[snapback]275775[/snapback]​

That sucks about not being able to smoke in your place, with all the restrictions it must not feel like your home. :angry2: You would think when you spend $$$ for a home you could do (reasonably of course) what you choose in the sanctity of your castle. Bummer!

As for the Cigar Lounge I think that could be a perfect recourse for your current no-smoking home requirement. I do not think the fee is that much compared to what I have seen especially when you get the usage of personalized locker, various discounts and a place to freely enjoy your cigars.

I would go for it. Who knows you just might find a few like minded cigar aficionados to share your hobby moreover even a smoke friendly landlord. :sign:

MichiganM said:

Jason
[snapback]275775[/snapback]​

Thats not bad, I'm down the road from la casa in plymouth and its $80 a month...

I'm trying to justify membership as my landlord doesnt allow smoking indoors either...

Ya know up until yesterday all I knew of was La Casa in Plymouth as well. I thought no way in hell was I going to pay 80 bucks a month. Their "Havana Room" looks nice and all but it's awfully expensive. Micker, I'm in the same exact position as you. The only problem with the place in A2 here is that you have to pay the 400 up front, where as La Casa allows 80 a month. Sucks not being able to smoke in your own damn dwelling :(.

Jason

wow, so that 80bucks is just so you can sit down and smoke.
I will just puff one while I cut my grass. Now I just gotta get a little cup holder for my whiskey on my mower.

That's BS! We charge $150 for our lockers and The lounge is open to the general public. We offer box discounts to anyone! If you can't find someone then you need to move to Kansas City :D :D :D

Jesuswept,

No the 80 dollars is for a personalized locker humidor with your name in a brass plate, access to the private "member only" Havana Room previously mentioned, choice member cigars etc. I'll give you a link so that you can see exactly what they are offering, not that I'd sign up for it.

http://www.lacasadelahabana.com/clubinfo.html

There ya go buddy!

Jason

whew! ahhh I understand now. I think The Belicoso in wyandotte charges $400 for the year.

Considering Delaware is a no-smoking state (as far as commercial establishments) we really don't have that option. But if we did, I think I would consider it. $400 is pretty steep. If it came with a nice member's discount maybe it would work out.

I remember a cigar shop I visited occasionally in RI. It had an open lounge area but was relatively low key. Big screen tv, no bar but comfy chairs.

Ginseng,

I didn't know DE was like that! That's horrible. Although I'd rather be in your situation whereas you at least get to smoke in your garage :). The member benefits for this place allow for 10% off for cigars and cigar accessories, 30% off 1st box purchase, 20% off 2nd box purchase, Member allocation of rare cigars such as Opus and the like. 400 a year over the course of...let's say 3 years though is a nice cabinet humidor and probably 5 or 6 nice aged boxes in that same period. Or you can look at it as 30 some dollars a month. The other end of the spectrum is going to a shop that has a smoking area w/o membership, but you have to buy a cigar at that B&M usually. That eliminates opportunities to smoke your own. I wish I lived in a warmer state, or an apartment that allows smoking.

Jason

A local shop in the area has a members only lounge. The cheapest membership is $375 and for $550 you get the same privelages as the $375 members but you get a humi locker with a personalized name plate. These are yearly rates. So if some place here offerend a lounge with a locker for $80 I would be all over it. Those prices are a little steep for me. Most of the other shops have couches throughout the shops and you can sit and smoke for free. I would only join the above if I had the luxury of being able to be there a minimum of 3 days a week.

well nat sherman in nyc costs 350 for 1 year and 600 for 2 you dont have to be a member to smoke inside thier and thiers alot of people and nice place to smoke.

local shops around me you can smoke in if you buy something from thier.
not sure how much lockers cost thier