• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar of the year 2011

Was this the first year the Liga Privada no. 9 was released? If so, that'd probably get my vote.

Definitely in the top 10 for me would be, in no particular order:

EP Carillo New Wave Connecticut - created a small renaissance of Connecticut wrapped cigars.
Quesada Seleccion de Espana - these are a great medium-bodied cigar.
San Cristobal de Los Habanos Mercaderes - This LCDH cigar blew my mind in the last year.
Tatuaje La Casita Criollo - Pete gambled and won with this one. Interesting cigar.

The two that really caught my attention this year were.........

Tatuaje Petit Lancero - Lots of flavor for such a skinny RG.
My Father Limited Edition 2011 Edicion Limitada Toro - They all smoked like a dream until they entered a sick period.

Last night I smoked a Tatuaje Barklay Rex and now I understand why people went so crazy for this stick. It was amazing! I was also blown away by the La Reloba Sumatra Torpedo and the Tat Wolfman as well.

Undercrown or Ilusione Singulare 2011 would be top for me for new stuff in 2011.

I don't know if it was released in 2011, but I just smoked an Illusione Holy Lance maduro that was outstanding, the DE Undercrown was great, as were the Kristoff maduro lancero.

Ken

My box of Padron Londres Natties I bought a couple years ago and haven't dug into yet. Smoked my first one out of the box before the new year, and I'd have to say, damn.

Meh, I'm a simple man. :)

I would have to say my cigar of the year would be the LFD Chisel Maduro that I had while sitting my backyard with my dad and my uncle. My dad had an A.F. 858, and my uncle just had a gin and tonic (as he doesn't smoke anymore).

The ones I really enjoyed was the Undercrown, Opus xXx, My Father LE2010, My Father Puff Edition,

As I wrote this list I surprised myself...

1. Bolivar Corona Extra

2. Casa Magna Limited Edition Domus Magnus

3. Quesada Seleccion Espana

4. Partagas Serie P No. 1

5. Tatuaje La Casita Criollo

6. Padron Serie 1926 No. 6

7. Nat Sherman Bench

8. Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva

I prefer Top 8...