• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Elective - CP212

khari

Ok folks, "CP212 - The Robusto" is a go. See below for pass order.

There will be cigars from most marcas and geographical locations, and the cigars will range from everyday smokes like the Camacho Negro to super premiums, such as the Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario. Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars describes the robusto as being between 3 and 5.5 inches with a ring gauge of 48 and above. For the purposes of this pass, we will include all cigars from 3" to 5 3/4" with ring gauge from 48 to 52. The only "robusto" I can think of that is not allowed is the Trinidad Robusto Extra.

Priority will be given to students who successfully completed CP101-1, CP101-2, or CP101-3.

In this post you will find the initial list of 25 various cigars that will start out the pass, each with its own identification number. No need to list sizes in this pass since they don't differ very much. Each cigar will be placed in an individual baggie, and each baggie numbered based on where the cigar is in the list. All the cigars will then be placed in a sturdy air tight container along with a humidification device and then wrapped in bubble wrap. The bubble wrap will be not so loose as to allow the cigars to jostle around during shipping and not so firm as to crush the cigars. The container will be placed firmly in a box, sealed, and then be ready for the pass. I will include in the package an inventory sheet that will list all the cigars by number. This sheet will need to be filled out by each participant with name/screen name, takes and puts.

SYLLABUS:

1) Below is the list of cigars included in the pass. The first person in the list who is to receive the package will go ahead and post in this thread (before or during shipment of package) what cigars they will Take (T) from the package and what cigars they will Put (P) back in. I have the final say whether a trades is approved, but everyone is welcome to give their input. In the event of any controversy, I may seek guidance from other members of Cigar Pass. Your "puts" should be equal in value with your "takes". Three $3 cigars doesn’t equal one $9 cigar. You should use MSRP from more than one source online to help with your P&T's. If you aren't sure, you're welcome to PM me first. No more than two of any cigar allowed in the pass at any given time. If there are duplicate cigars in the pass only take one and leave the other stick for others in the pass. Once approved, you should cross off your "takes" with a single line on the inventory sheet, and number your "puts" with the next # open on the inventory sheet. Individual baggies, a permanent marker, and a pen will be included in the pass (please make sure to put them back when done). Take a new baggie and using the marker, number the individual bag for each cigar being put back in starting from the last number on the list (please allow the ink several seconds to dry as to not smear). Bag the cigar and include them in the pass. Please do not remove cigars from the baggies.
2) The package can be sent via USPS with a Delivery Confirmation (DC) number, UPS, or DHL. Each DC or tracking number will be written on the board once the package has shipped. If at all possible, sign up at USPS for CLICK-N-SHIP. It's a very simple and fast way to print your own shipping label.
3) When the box is received, post here letting us know and contact via PM and post the next person in the list to ensure they are ready to receive.
4) Inspect the contents of the package to ensure everything is in order and in good condition. If necessary, give the humidification beads a few spritzes of distilled water. When finished swapping out the cigars, box it up, make sure the paperwork is included, and get ready to ship it out!
5) If you are the next person to receive in the pass, it would be a good idea to go ahead and let everyone know you are there and ready. If you know that it is your turn next and will not be available to accept the pass, please alert everyone so the pass can be re-routed as necessary.
6) If no confirmation is received from the next person on the list in 36 hours, then the package will be sent to the next person on the list that does respond they are ready.
7) Please be prompt. Once the package is received, make the T/P’s as quickly as possible and get the package out to the next person. T/P’s should already be decided before the package arrives, so shouldn’t take much time. However, there will always be exceptions.
8) Since this is a 200 level pass, ISOMs are allowed in the pass.
9) I also want to direct you to the thread about CPI, found here. If you haven't joined already, you may want to do so.
10) Parejo shape only. No belicosos, torpedos, figurados, etc. regardless of whether they fit the size range.
11) Puts/takes should be ISOM for ISOM, NC for NC, Premium for Premium and all should be value for value.
12) No more than two cigars can be duplicated in the pass at any given time. Also, two of a cigar is allowed. Three is not.

*Here are links for help with CIGAR INFORMATION Also try LINK 1, LINK 2, and LINK 3.
**Click HERE for pricing help. You can also use links 1, 2, and 3 above for pricing if not found on CigarCyclopedia. To determine MSRP; find the cigar in the list, add all stores prices in the row, divide the total by the number of stores, divide by number of sticks on sale (use full box if available). This should give you the MSRP for each stick.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, learn and above all have fun.

Cigar list
1) 601 Blue Robusto (take - qballizhere)
2) Ashton ESG Robusto (take - Skisomalia)
3) AVO 787 Robusto (take - qballizhere)
4) Camacho Negro Robusto (take - MaxNoodle)
5) Cohiba Puro Dominicana (take - qballizhere)
6) Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto
7) Esencia Robusto (take - Skisomalia)
8) Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto (take - PunchLibertad4Me)
9) God of Fire by Carlito 2005 Double Robusto
10) Illusione 88 (take - jovenhut)
11) La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto (take - gtadroptop)
12) La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet No. 5 (take - gunsandcigars88)
13) Liga Privada No. 9 Robusto Oscuro (take - Skisomalia)
14) Pepin My Father No. 1 (take - gunsandcigars88)
15) Padilla Signature 1932 Oscuro Limitado Robusto
16) Padron Serie 1926 No. 6 Maduro (take - PunchLibertad4Me)
17) Partagas 160 Signature Series Robusto
18) San Cristobal Clasico (take - Anthem)
19) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (take - gtadroptop)
20) Bolivar Simones RE Canada
21) Cohiba Robusto '07
22) Johnny-O! Robusto (take - Golfgar)
23) Montecristo Robusto LE 2006
24) Por Larranaga Robusto RE Asia Pacifico (take - flamchop)
25) Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill Feb '08 (take - cajunblaze)
26) DPG Blue label invicto (put - Skisomalia) ~ (take - br174)
27) Cruzado Dantes (put - Skisomalia) ~ (take - jovenhut)
28) GOF Carlito Dbl Robusto Tubo (put - Skisomalia)
29) Casa Fuente Robusto (put - PunchLibertad4Me) ~ (take - gunsandcigars88)
30) Casa Fuente Robusto (put - PunchLibertad4Me)
31) Arturo Fuente Añejo #50 (put - jovenhut) ~ (take - cajunblaze)
32) Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto (put - jovenhut) ~ (take - cajunblaze)
33) Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto 1979 (put - qballizhere) ~ (take - br174)
34) Aurora Cien Años Robusto (put - qballizhere)
35) Winston Churchill #10 (put - qballizhere) ~ (take - Golfgar)
36) Arturo Fuente Añejo #50 (put - gunsandcigars88) ~ (take - Bimmer635csi)
37) Tatuaje Black Label Robusto (put - gunsandcigars88) ~ (take - Vinnyvega)
38) Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Maduro Exclusivo (put - gunsandcigars88) ~ (take - Bimmer635csi)
39) Cohiba Robusto '07 (put - cajunblaze) ~ (take - Vinnyvega)
40) Davidoff 100th Robusto (put - cajunblaze) - Damaged
41) Paul Garmirian Robusto (put - cajunblaze)
42) Tatuaje Reserva J21(put - Golfgar) ~ (take - br174)
43) SLR Regio 2004 (put - Golfgar) (take - flamchop)
44) Graycliff 1666 PG (put - Bimmer635csi) ~ (take - Pembroke3355)
45) Opus X Rare Estate Reserve 1992 (put - Bimmer635csi)
46) Oliva Master Blends 3(put - Anthem) ~ (take - br174)
47) Rocky Patel Decade (put - gtadroptop)
48) Esteban Carreras Diez Anos(put - gtadroptop) ~ (take - MaxNoodle)
49) Ramon Allones Specially Selected '05 (put - flamchop)
50) Cohiba Maduro Magico (put - flamchop)
51) 601 Black (put - br174) ~ (take - Pembroke3355)
52) CAO Black VR (put - br174) ~ (take - Pembroke3355)
53) AF Anejo #50 (put - br174)
54) Cruzado Dantes (put - br174) ~ (take - Pembroke3355)
55) Don Pepin Invicto (put - pembroke3355)
56) Illusione 88 (put - pembroke3355)
57) Don Pepin Cuban Classic (put - pembroke3355) ~ (take - Vinnyvega)
58) Tatuaje Reserva J21 (put - pembroke3355) ~ (take - Vinnyvega)
59) God Of Fire Don Carlos 2005 (put - VinnyVega)
60) Bolivar Royal Corona POS MAR07 (put - VinnyVega)
61) Rocky Patel Sun Grown (put - VinnyVega)
62) Davidoff Maduro (put - VinnyVega) ~ (take - MaxNoodle)
63) Victor Sinclair Series 55 Sun Grown (put - MaxNoodle)
64) Rocky Patel Decade (put - MaxNoodle)
65) Tatuaje Reserva J21 (put - MaxNoodle)

Pass Order
1) Skisomalia
2) PunchLibertad4me
3) Jovenhut
4) qballizhere
5) gunsandcigars88
6) cajunblaze
7) Golfgar
8) Bimmer635csi
9) Anthem
10) GTAdroptop
11) Maxnoodle- Up now
12) Flamchop
13) br174
14) Pembroke3355
15) Vinnyvega

Count me in if you will have me. Robusto has become my favorite size as of late.

Brian

I am in for sure.

This is a great idea.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Hey khari,

With all the ass-hatting done in some PM's, you can count me in on this one.

Look forward to the robustos, and already have a few that are well aged and ready to send along. I hope there's room for me on this one.

Cheers,
Chris