• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Elective - CP212

This is a good pass by what I know so far as a good brother.

So..Bump

Ok folks. I'm gonna get this thing organized and boxed up and I'm going to drop it in the mail 11/29. Keep an eye on the initial post, as I will be adding the rules and other info over the course of the next week.

Khari, maybe Brian, Don and myself could all get together to do our puts/takes. I'll PM them to see if we could arrange something. Great reason for a mini herf. :thumbs:

edit for spelling

Khari, maybe Brian, Don and myself could all get together to do our puts/takes. I'll PM them to see if we could arrange something. Great reason for a mini herf. :thumbs:

edit for spelling
Depending on day and time I'd like for it to happen.

Brian

Sounds good to me. I'll obviously be putting you guys in order successively so if you can work it out, great!

Oh if you sweet bastards beat me to my wishes I am going to have to bribe you now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually I just wish I could be part of the Herf with you guys.

Oh if you sweet bastards beat me to my wishes I am going to have to bribe you now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll be in Traverse City for New Years. Something could be arranged around that time.

Brian (br174) brought up a couple excellent points that I have since added to the rules, but I want to call your attention to them so I'm listing them here. First, he asked if the Opus X Power Ranger was allowed. It fits into the size range specified, but it's technically not a robusto - it's a belicoso. For that reason, I've added rule number 10. Parejo shape only in this pass.

Also, he asked if I was allowing CC for NC and vice versa. My last pass was a newb pass so I didn't have to worry about that. There simply were no cigars from that ISOM. I neglected to consider that possibility in this pass, where CC are allowed. Therefore, see rule 11 for the answer to that question.

If you have any other questions, please throw them out there. I'm no expert at hosting passes (and I've never hosted a vitola-specific pass) so there may be a couple other items that I overlooked.

I'll be in Traverse City for New Years. Something could be arranged around that time.

Sadly, I will be in my wife's neck of the woods. Ottawa ON.

Make sure you visit my good pal Nolan's shop though :thumbs:

I really do wish I could be there, but what is more I deeply thank you for the offer.

Ok folks. I'm gonna get this thing organized and boxed up and I'm going to drop it in the mail 11/29. Keep an eye on the initial post, as I will be adding the rules and other info over the course of the next week.

Sweet, this baby is going to hit the post office on my birthday! :thumbs: Thats kinda cool. Or maybe I just think it is because I was at work for 22 hours today?
B

Still looking for one person? I would be in if you need another player. As long at there is no shipment of booze involved. :laugh:

:laugh:

You're in Larry! Same address?

Same addy. I ran one of these robusto passes a couple of years ago and it was good fun. I was also having discussions about having another one when.......poof this one comes up. I will probably do something else in its place as I haven't hosted a pass since the one in '06. I guess great minds think alike. :D

pfff, missed out again, maybe next time around I can get a chance in ...

Good job to everyone who made it, looks like a bunch of fun.

Nick

Hey everybody,
Bimmer635csi asked me a few questions regarding some of the cigars in the pass. I'm answering them here for others who might be unsure.

2) Ashton ESG Robusto Is this a No. 21?
Yes, it is officially called the Ashton ESG 21 Year Salute.

4) Camacho Negro Robusto Any additional information?
I don't think Camacho produces the negro line anymore. When they came out, I believe they were roughly a $5 stick. I got them on closeout for $50 for a box of 25.

6) Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto Any additional information?
Don Carlos Edición de Aniversario - This is the 2007 release double robusto, found here (Click on the picture for a closer look).

7) Esencia Robusto Any additional information?
Here's a link to the Esencia Robusto. Fourth one down. Interestingly, it's not listed on cigarcyclopedia.com's comparison shopper. Mindriot's store sells them, though. Here's a link. If you google Esencia cigars, you'll find other vendors who carry the brand so you can compare.

17) Partagas 160 Signature Series Robusto Is this the "Robusto (proper)", "Major", or "Minor"?
This is the Robusto (5 x 50).

Khari ~

Is this starting today - is there a "next in line' list?

Thanks.

~ t