• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Fantasy Football League 2004

TheBeast said:
Votes seem to be(missing a few votes):

Live Draft:  10

Auto Draft: 1

Either Draft: 2

Team Defense: 9

Individual:  4

So it looks like we have LIVE DRAFT and TEAM DEFENSE.

Cool? :)

Draft time of Friday Aug 27th at 10:00pm(eastern) ok with everyone?
Just made it - Last on the list

I'll have to check the date tonight...........I think I've got Dave Matthews Band Tickets for that date.......

And what is the entry fee going to be?

What are the payouts?

Fill us in Beast............I'm a HS football coach, and am chompin' at the bit for the season to start........so forgive me if I'm rushing or asking questions out of turn.

*sidenote*
Check out the following trailer:

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

The epic story of HS Football in Texas (and not quite as intensely........everywhere else).

M. Gipson

TheBeast said:
Draft time of Friday Aug 27th at 10:00pm(eastern) ok with everyone?
Doesn't work for me :( I'll be at the Brooklyn Cyclones vs Staten Island Yankees game :)

Time is perfect for me. Thanks for considering the west coasters. Fast, you can preset/rank your players. When your turn comes, it will automatically select your highest rated player. Still might be able to make it back for most of the draft(10pm start).

I don't know if that time will work for me or not but I say it doesn't matter. I'm sure whatever time/date you choose someone will not be able to make it. As has been suggested those who can not make it can pre-rank their players before the draft.

Set the date, entry fee, payouts, and general rules and allow those who will not be able to make the draft and do not want to pre-rank their players to bow out now. No offense to anyone..... just know that with 16 teams we'll never agree on a date and time.

As long as I get Doug Johnson for a QB I'll be happy...... ;) :p :D

To decide PAYOUTS we need to decide ENTRY FEE.

$35 fee will payout Top 4(like last year)

$50 fee will payout Top 6

So let me know what you want. :)

As for the Draft day and time. Unless a large portion of the league finds it impossible to do....it stays as is. Like it has been already said...it's not possible to fit it to everyones schedule. So everyone let me know and I'll add the numbers. I would like to get as many teams present at draft as possible.

I'm in...... the draft date is fine...... I vote $50 entry.

Tell us where to send the money. I'm going to make one more suggestion and then I'll shutup....maybe! :) Set a date a week or two before the draft to have the money in. We had a few people drag their feet last year and almost didn't have enough time to fill the voids.

$50 is good with me

I checked the date and Dave Matthews Band tickets are for the 26th. I'm in for the 27th. I have some football stuff, but if I can't make it, I'll set up my rankings and stuff so it can go on the scheduled date.

And what about side pots? Say a decent stick (~$3-$5) from each player sent to the winner each week of the side pot:

Example:

Week 1 - Most points - Starting Kicker
Week 2 - Least points - Starting QB
etc...

Just some thoughts.....

M. Gipson

If individual teams are interested in setting up "side pots" weekly, that's fine, but I'm not organizing them and personally have no interest in that. Sending out cigars every week for 16 weeks doesn't interest me...it would be hard to commit to that due to time. :) JMO Knock yourselves out.

TheBeast said:
If individual teams are interested in setting up "side pots" weekly, that's fine, but I'm not organizing them and personally have no interest in that. Sending out cigars every week for 16 weeks doesn't interest me...it would be hard to commit to that due to time. :) JMO Knock yourselves out.
I don't think I'd do any side pots. $50 entry fee for me, more paid out=more keep playing.

This all sounds good to me. $50 is also fine. Too bad we can't start next week :D

Oh sure, set the friggin' draft on me boitday. By 10pm I should have the mental acuity of an apple. Wait, since it's my boitday I'll being going first right??? Right???
WHAT?

NA

If no one else votes...this thing is set at $50 at the end of the day. :)

SamClemmons said:
By 10pm I should have the mental acuity of an apple.
Wow an improvement, :0 .

JK

$50 looks great. I think I'll take Ricky Williams with my first pick. That no good, @#$%@#%.

ricmac25 said:
SamClemmons said:
By 10pm I should have the mental acuity of an apple.
Wow an improvement, :0 .

JK

$50 looks great. I think I'll take Ricky Williams with my first pick. That no good, @#$%@#%.
Hey, it's only fair. I mean, that's the only way any of you guys will have the remotest chance of winning this thing. I am and will remain,
King and Reigning Champeen of CPFFL!

You are all losers.

NA

Damn, I missed out this year! I won't get to come in last again...... :sign:

That's ok Leebo...I'll put you on the back-up list wiht Hbooker. If someone backs out or doesn't make the time frame for fee entry...you can get in. :)

A little blast from the past from yours truly. Somebody needs to motivate you pathetic wannabe's. I've begun working on my acceptance speech for this year... the names have changed a little but the outcome is a foregone conclusion... So, without further ado, I give you the:

King and Reigning Champeen, Huckleberry's Acceptance Speach

SamClemmons Posted: Dec 23 2003, 10:50 AM

click here
(Turn up your speakers)

Huckleberry, the team, the myth, the LEGEND

Ahhhhh. I'm basking in my own celebrity. Why the dark shades you ask? Cause when you're as cool as I am the sun shines all the time.

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble..."

I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on and trashed to get where I am today.

"When you're perfect in every way..."

I'd like to thank those eight of you who remained mired in outstanding mediocrity while convincing themselves their season would turn around "next week".

"I can't wait to look in the mirror..."

I'd like to thank Leebo, who believed that all he needed was a quarterback and proceeded to trade away Donovan McNabb the league MVP at this point for Jon Kitna (who I cut) which left his team foundering and himself fretting away in quiet desperation.

"Cuz I get better lookin' each day..."

And to Sibernation who's hands off approach to coaching simply boggles the mind. He hasn't touched his team since August 23 and still finished in the final four and who, I might add, knows as much about football as I do about quantum physics... maybe less.

"To know me is to love me..."

I'd like to thank MattR who had no chance from day one but fought viciously throughout the year to come up with 2, count ‘em, 2 huge wins to finish dead last.

"I must be a hell of a man..."

To Joe P for his selflessness in picking up all those fine sticks and taking care of them until the time that he sends them to me. Thanks.

To Beasty for keeping that top spot warm and attainable all year while I assembled, using my own devastating mental acuity, a team that would finally drive him in to obscurity.

To those of you not mentioned personally I just have to say, well, let's face it, you are, all of you, eminently forgetable.

Neal

--------------------

Gone fishin'